[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Musicians of mu: What have been your most successful marketing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: Pigment.jpg (38 KB, 450x469) Image search: [Google]
Pigment.jpg
38 KB, 450x469
Musicians of mu: What have been your most successful marketing strategies?
>>
>>63798923
>can afford marketing
lol what am I, a sellout?
>>
>>63798974
For any young musician to be heard these days you gotta do something.. even DIY/grassroots stuff
>>
blast it from my car
>>
buying an ad on 4chan and having my friends talk about me on mu

i'm a meme rapper with retarded album art so it tends to get alot of clicks
>>
>>63798923
blowjobs
>>
>

i don't want plens to judge my music. I'm happy with the thought of it being found in a few decades from now and be called a gem of genius among the commercial filth that this era spawns
>>
>>63799128
It'll prolly be called shit that didn't even have the redeeming quality of attracting money.
>>
>>63798923
Avoiding bandcamp threads and posting my stuff after people ask to hear it whenever I mention it in passing.
>>
>>63799156
you're a shit with no redeeming quality desu
>>
my music is a meme :)
>>
shilling it here
>>
>>63798923

My advice, having studied "music marketing" is, there's no difference between music marketing and regular marketing

skim over some basic stuff, it's boring shit but it'll really help

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/70824
>>
>>63799101
let me guess that one guy who posts his lame rap album in every post yer album thread?
>>
>>63798923
Posting it here on bandcamp threads.
>>
>>63798923
reddit used to be the shit for viralling. I once posted something in a listentothis thread and it got 1000 listens in 24 hrs
>>
>>63799101
MC Ride?
>>
>>63799480

i've literally never seen a 'post your album' thread anytime in the 6 years i've browsed /mu/ so no
>>
>>63798923

Every time I play a show I give a copy of my band's EP to every band I play with, I regularly play local shows, I regularly attend local shows that my band isn't playing. I'm active on several local music fb groups, good friends with several local promoters, and we play shows as often as possible wherever possible, our music is on soundcloud/bandcamp/reverbnation, and we have a social media presence on almost every platform.

It's been semi-successful. There's not much more you can do. The days of sending your garage demo to a label and getting signed are long gone. After all that, it's just a matter of gradually building a fanbase large enough to attract enough attention.

I know we've barely got a shot in hell though. Local music is just a circlejerk of hardcore and pop punk. I've seen the shittiest pop punk bands get signed out of my local scene just because they're fucking trendy.
>>
>>63799565
Terrible
>>
>>63799621
Man sounds a hell of a lot like the position i am in. Same circlejerk scene here too... you an ausfag by chance?
>>
>>63799670

Nah. Northwest Indiana.
>>
>>63799599
Those are called Bandcamp generals
>>
>>63799621
Labels suck now because they won't take risks anymore, so instead they chase whatever gets buzz.
>>
There has never been a worse time to be a rock musician in the last 50 years prove me wrong plz anons
>>
>>63799752
you can still learn to dj, don't worry
>>
dude facebook groups lmoa
>>
play shows
dont be a cunt
have talent
>>
>>63798923
Social network is the power. When you are small you have opportunity to make not just fans, but also close fans. Share your music, talk with people, accept feedback, work on your music.
>>
>>63800389
So much this. Except talent. I would change it to attitude. If you don't care about your own music, so how you can expect somebody else will?
>>
>>63798923
I post on r/listentothis

fucking plebs eat it up
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.