[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Oh yes, I love obscure experimental music >Coil, Can,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: disappointment.jpg (23 KB, 620x363) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.jpg
23 KB, 620x363
>Oh yes, I love obscure experimental music
>Coil, Can, Stereolab, Fishmans, Vapourwave, lots of Japanese music...
>>
good taste sir ;)

rate my chart ;)
>>
>tfw I listen to all of these
>>
File: 08093.jpg (39 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
08093.jpg
39 KB, 680x510
Remember /moo/

nothing is sacred
>>
Yeah man I'm in the know. Check out my RateYourMusic, I'm kind of a music geek. Have you heard this sick Japanese new age flute city jazz? It makes me feel like I'm on a beach in capitalist e-asia drinking sake martinis circa 1989 before the mass consumerism bubble cyberpunk 420 paradigm shifts. A E S T H E T I C S bro. I don't need human contact when I can jack off to hentai and listen to vapourwave and krautrock all day. They should have won WWII. Maybe our music would be better.
>>
does anyone on this board listen to music?
>>
>>63791739
That's 100% fine as long as you dont pretend theyre super experimental and obscure
>>
>>63791697
>Oh yes, I love Oasis and Coldplay
>I own vinyl of them which I play on my Crossley Cruiser
>>
fuck off Montie brigade
>>
Name dropping Stereolab and Fishmans directly led to me losing my virginity the other week so I'll proudly embrace whatever label you're trying to push, nerd
>>
>>63792030

Did you fuck an avant-teen at a college radio station or something?
>>
>>63791991
>An anonymous poster makes the first poseurcore thread
>Its definition is distorted (just like "mallgoth") and a tripfag is given credit for it

It only makes the salt in me stronger.
>>
>>63792066
She was 25 (4 years older than me) and it was in a space at my university where her sound art exhibit was being held.

Probably the best way it could have happened desu.
>>
File: 1447478742210.png (170 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1447478742210.png
170 KB, 600x375
>>63791739
Other than Vaporwave, me too.

OP scared me a little bit.
>>
>>63792098
The same thing happened with memerap

I'm not sure why exactly people still pay attention to Montie, I can only guess that he's samefagging to build hype around himself
>>
>>63792171
People have loved the first 3 on the list for decades. OP can eat a dick.
>>
>>63792231
People have loved everything on that list sans vaporwave for decades.
>>
>>63792139
>sound art exhibit
explain?
>>
>>63791697
Entry level as fuck, check out Schneekersfield, Von Thunenheimer, and Henriks Pfaelzischer if you want real experimental music, not babies first avant-garde.
>>
>>63792587
I would imagine it is something like looking at what looks like "college" children's drawings on a running refrigerator that's on its last legs.
>>
>>63792678

Never thought I'd see another Schneekersfield fan here. What did you think of his last live album before he disappeared? The lyrics to the last track still give me shivers.
>>
>>63792770
It's alright, but I'm mostly a fan of his early works, he kind of sold out a bit later on but it's ok for what it is.
>>
does anyone actually think these are "obscure" on here?

ps I got this qt weeb girl at my uni into Fishmans and city pop music I found on /mu/ and now we're going on a date tomorrow so your loss m8
>>
>>63792678
>Von Thunenheimer

Do you prefer his early tape works or his later EAI material?
>>
File: 1455614757225.jpg (54 KB, 242x214) Image search: [Google]
1455614757225.jpg
54 KB, 242x214
>>63792855
Living the dream, anon.
>>
>>63792587
I don't know enough physics to really explain it that well but one of my favorites involved using a controller to manipulate two charged metal appendages holding a sheet of aluminum foil at opposite ends so that it bends in several ways and gives off varying frequencies.

Another involved pulling tape out of a variety of old cassettes attached to some device so they'd play rapidly in forward or reverse.

Man I really wish I knew more than high school physics now that I'm looking back on this.
>>
>>63792960
I actually think his album Piece for String Quartet and One Guitar, Part 2 is his best album, I do like his other material as well for the most part.
>>
>>63791888
nice trips, but this is what worries me.

I've literally never heard anyone say these bands were obscure. Are you perhaps just projecting from what you think others are thinking while enjoying music and making those that enjoy those bands feel bad?
>>
>>63793098
I could never get into that album truth be told, it always seemed like an atonal mess.
>>
>>63793261
I'm >>63791888 but not OP. I agree with you, literally nobody thinks they're all that obscure.

I just wanted to point out that there's nothing wrong with liking those bands and artists.
>>
>>63793459
*thumbs up emoji*
>>
File: REDACTED.png (163 KB, 611x362) Image search: [Google]
REDACTED.png
163 KB, 611x362
>Oh yes, I love obscure experimental [REDACTED]
>[REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED], lots of [REDACTED] [REDACTED}
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.