[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mom/core
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
What does your mother listen to?
>>
Tequila Sunrise is basically upper middle class Mom's delight
>>
whatever is on the radio
>>
Christian rock/aternative
>>
U2 and Sufjan Stevens
>>
File: pyromania.jpg (171 KB, 894x900) Image search: [Google]
pyromania.jpg
171 KB, 894x900
>>
Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282. Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Boyd Rice, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Half Japanese,Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krusi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Loren Mazzacane Connors, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, The Red Krayola, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Gong, cLOUDDEAD and Muslimgauze
>>
>>63791017
Bruce Springsteen, Adele, Pink Floyd, Mumford and Sons
>>
She loves Steely Dan, Hendrix, The Beatles, James Brown, stuff like that.

I introduced her to Elliott Smith's music and she loves it as well
>>
Nothing, she's dead.
>>
>>63791964
I did that as well
>>
this is objectively the best mom-core
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS1poqd0HcI
>>
Madonna, Linda Ronstadt, Beatles,Jefferson Airplane
>>
My Mom likes Bon Jovi and Elton John. She thinks Bob Dylan and Captain Beefheart are the worst musicians of all time.
>>
my mom likes ITAOTS
>>
>>63792191
HOLY FUCK, this got played every easter when I was a kid.

My mom's a piano teacher with a degree in classical music so she plays a lot of it as well as Simon and Garfunkel, Don Henley, Elton John, etc.
>>
>>63792353
it's weird how our mothers came to LC from very different directions. my mom grew up in a hick as shit farming family listening to country all day but when she became a scientist her taste started to grow towards folky stuff. I heard a lot of modern bluegrass and 60's protest folk growing up
>>
>>63791142
pretty much this, classic rock, alternative, etc.
>>
>>63791017
Hamilton
Mumford and Sons
The Cars
The Head and The Heart
The Lumineers
Dispatch
Jack White
>>
>>63791017
Paquita la del Barrio and Juan Gabriel
>>
>>63791017
Taylor Swift
My Chemical Romance
Smashing Pumpkins
Katy Perry
Any pop female singer/songwriter really
Deaf Leopard
Fall Out Boy
"tonight's gonna be a good night" by the black eyed peas on repeat
>>
File: 1457164437078.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1457164437078.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>63792466
good woman
>>
>>63792451
i wBT UE mom
>>
>63792625
>Smashing Pumpkins

your mom actually sounds pretty rad
>>
>>63791017
Elvis Costello, David Bowie, Talking Heads. Buncha stuff like that.
>>
Elvis Costello, REM, The Cure, Guster, Band of Horses, and some Jazzercise-core
>>
>>63791687
That's what daddy likes. mommy likes dave matthews and john denver
>>
i remember being in a record store with my mom and we saw vinyls of nevermind and in utero. i asked her which she thought was better and she pointed to nevermind and said ''this one obviously''. patrician af desu
>>
>>63792191
This is actually really good. I like it, but mom would be confused as to why I'm listening to it.
>>
>>63792191
anything celtic...enya too for sure
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.