[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do so many retards think TMS is the height of their discography?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Death-Grips-Exmilitary.jpg (539 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Death-Grips-Exmilitary.jpg
539 KB, 1200x1200
why do so many retards think TMS is the height of their discography?

the fact of the matter is that exmilitary is their best work followed by niggas on the moon.

this is coming from someone who thinks that hot head is one of their best songs to date and has high expectations for bp and believes that it will top their first album.

>inb4 contrarian
>>
>>63789175
not a contrarian, just a massive pleb

Government Plates is their best
then TPTB (yes, both discs)
then TMS and NLDW
then ExM

massive gap here

Fashion Week
>>
Cause it's catchy and every song on it is fantastic.
>>
>>63789240
nah senpai Exmilitary is GOAT
>>
>>63789240
>then TPTB (yes, both discs)
you have to be joking right? jenny death is probably their worst work to date unfortunately.

it had three redeeming songs with on gp and turned off being decent, and i break mirrors being amazing

>>63789287
good shit my son
>>
>>63789287
exm is a 7.5/10
GP is a 9.5/10

>>63789300
>disliking johnny death
not one bad track
>>
TPTB > NLDW > TMS > EXM > GP > Interview 2016 > FW

Everything by them is good desu
I have pretty good expectations for BP, considering Hot Head is pretty different. I'm hoping it's the most normal track though
>>
>>63789398
>not one bad track
now i know that you're mentally handicapped

>what is pss pss and inanimate sensation

the former is probably the worst track that they have ever made

also, i forgot to mention that death grips 2.0 is also great, completely forgot that it was on the album since it feels completely isolated from the rest of the tracklist

>>63789555
exmilitary > niggas > government plates > nldw > interview 2016 > fashion week > jenny death

can we stop acting like tptb is one album please?
>>
>>63789610
>implying TPTB is two albums
Is this your first double album buddy?
>>
>>63789628
did i ever say that it was two albums? they are two separate bodies of work, completely different from each other. combining them is a disservice to both of these works. both works should be judged individually.
>>
>>63789688
>did i ever say that it was two albums
>can we stop acting like tptb is one album please?

context clues makes me assume it, what did you make me want to think from the question?
>they are two separate bodies of work, completely different from each other. combining them is a disservice to both of these works. both works should be judged individually.

You contradicted yourself there, "I never said it was two albums, but the parts shouldn't be combined"
That's some extreme mental gymnastics you're going through
>>
>>63789791
i can see why you would assume that i was implying that they were two albums, that's why i clarified that they weren't.

>You contradicted yourself there, "I never said it was two albums, but the parts shouldn't be combined"

i'm saying that when ranking the albums, niggas and jenny death should be separate.

what's so hard to understand?
>>
>>63789894
You never said anything about ranking..but I guess i understand from that aspect
>>
>>63789175
Cuz it is
>>
>>63789175
Here's a little secret not many people know, read this in a whispered breath, ok?

Exmilitary is the same exact album as The Money Store, it just uses more recognizable samples. It is just as hook based, just as focused on being "catchy"

They're the same albums. You're not patrician for trashing The Money Store and praising Exmilitary in the same breath.
>>
a middlebrow record vs a slightly lower middlebrow record.
>>
File: 1442194551879.jpg (95 KB, 817x817) Image search: [Google]
1442194551879.jpg
95 KB, 817x817
>liking and listening to hip-hop
>>
>>63789610
>can we stop acting like tptb is one album please?

What's your favorite Smashing Pumpkins album bud, is it Dawn to Dusk or Twilight to Starlight?

Personally, I like Dawn to Dusk more
>>
File: 1450881548098.jpg (71 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
1450881548098.jpg
71 KB, 384x313
Usually I go from record to record, it really depends.
>>
>>63792891
this
>>
>>63789300
The only thing I liked about Turned Off was Zach's drumming and the first verse. It was so good live,
>>
Niggas shits on Exmil sorry
>>
>>63789240
NLDW
TMS
GP
NOTM
Exmil
FW
>>
>>63794455
>I forgot JD
NLDW
TMS
GP
NOTM
JD
Exmil
FW
>>
>>63794455
NLDW is easily their worst non-instrumental album
>>
File: TQaMWaL.jpg (386 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
TQaMWaL.jpg
386 KB, 1024x768
EXMILITARY IS THEIR BEST THEN GOVERNMENT PLATES
>>
TPTB > NLDW > TMS > ExM > GP > FW
>>
>>63789175
>coming from someone with shit taste
>>
>>63789175
I'm so tired of these entry level hypebeast rym dick hoppers fucking need to put notm over nldw govpl8 and jd when its objectively worse
>>
Objectively correct list here tbqhwy relative

NLDW > GP > Interview2016 > TPTB > ExMil > TMS > FW
>>
>>63794673
>entry level hypebeast rym dick hoppers
Shit son, maybe if you pile on a few more buzzwords you will feel better about your weak ass opinion.
>>
>>63789175
Exmilitary is pretty normal. Its their best hiphop album. But other albums pushed them into their niche better.

My Personal favs are GP and NOTM and JD
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.