[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need a decent Record Player.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: vinyl.gif (926 KB, 450x227) Image search: [Google]
vinyl.gif
926 KB, 450x227
Does anybody know a record player that can actually show that vinyl is better than CD? Like you can really see how good and clear the quality is?
And does it come with a USB to make vinyl rips too?
>>
crosley
>>
Crosley
>>
Buy vintage.
Find an old Duel or Technics.
>>
urban outfitters is your friend.
>>
I'm too poor to afford an audiophile-grade turntable, so I'm no expert, but make sure whatever you get at least has a counterweight and good needle and arm.
>>
>>63785473
Or crosley
>>
>>63785420
the audiotechnicas LP60 is a great player for the price, putting a penny on the head of the needle makes that shit way better than CD plus you can use the built in speakers if you 've got none and it can connect to record on computer with a line out cable

crosleys are underrated too, they aren't as good as the LP60 (which is an incredible playER) but they are pretty fucking great too
>>
>>63785435
>>63785462
>>63785515
>>63785559
Why does /mu/ like crosley all of a sudden?
>>
In all seriousness, AT LP-120 is probably good if you can't afford anything else.
>>
>>63785608
they don't they're fucking OP over
>>
>>63785435
>>63785462
>>63785515
>>63785559
Crosley is shit.
>>
>>63785608
Very high quality turntable for its money. One of the best you can get right now
>>
File: Bait.png (93 KB, 1198x1200) Image search: [Google]
Bait.png
93 KB, 1198x1200
>>63785608
Its bait
>>
>>63785420
>vinyl is better than CD
it's not. I love my records but this is a meme. Just pay $1000 for a Technics and throw your money off a bridge.

>>63785608
They don't it's an epic for the win meme. Anyone with a Crosely should consider suicide

>>63785622
>>63785622
>>63785622
OP do this, but vinyl sucks ass even though I love mine.

>>63785659
epic for the win ex dee
>>
Get this OP.

It's one of the best beginner turntables on the market
>>
>>63785473
>>63785622
>>63785687
All good answers. I will also vouch for the ProJect Debut Carbon, which is one of the more expensive options for an entry level turntable.

Note that vinyl is not superior to any format in terms of fidelity, but most old music is better listened to on vinyl because it was mastered better than a digital remaster would be. This is a result of the Loudness Wars. Look it up if you're interested. The main idea with vinyl isn't fidelity though, so don't waste money getting into it if that's what you want it for.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.