[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
prove this wrong ad hominem attacks: >possseuuur-core!!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: 1456591717110.jpg (446 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1456591717110.jpg
446 KB, 1920x1200
prove this wrong

ad hominem attacks:

>possseuuur-core!!!
>>
I like material from both sides.
>>
>>63784975
I like a lot of albums of either chart, what's your point
>>
>>63784975
Eh, some of the "shit" music is alright.

>The River

FUCKING YES FINALLY SOMEONE GIVES THE BOSS CREDIT
>>
>>63784975

While I don't like the albums on the left you didn't even prove your point. You just made assumptions without talking about actual evidence or the music itself compositionwise. You're a fucking idiot OP.
>>
unoriginal & accessible != bad
>>
>>63785024
yes but unoriginal & accessible = not worthwhile, waste of time, copy of a copy of a copy, etc...

why eat at wendys when you can have a rib eye at dorsias?
>>
>>63784975
Fucking scaruffi drones
>>
>Bullet points with no further elaboration

Why is this allowed? You haven't proven or explained anything, yet you're trying to come off as knowledgeable. How do you expect anyone NOT to call you a poseur?
>>
Best album on the left? I'd say LCW.
>>
>>63784975
brave little abacus, sufjan, sunn, boris and lrd belong on the respective other side
>>
>>63785083
lol
>>
>>63785083
they're not bullets mate
>>
How does Springsteen fit that description at all?
>>
>>63785050
>not worthwhile, waste of time
unless you manage to get an engaging aesthetic experience out of it
and original works are not worthwhile if you don't
but you can't really generalize here
>>
>>63784975

Explain to me how:

>Sigur Ros is formulaic, derivative, accessible, straight-forward lyrically, or financially based

While

>Musical Abortions is boundary pushing
>LRD isn't a shameless WL/WH ripoff
>Exuma has good production
>Keiji Haino has good lyrics
>Why something being obscure is good
>How listening to not-obscure avant-teen poseurcore makes you anything other than a basement dwelling loser
>How Cut Hands is timless
>>
>>63785114
because he's the fucking boss
>>
>>63785158
cuz it a meme u dop
>>
There's quality and shit music on both sides. Thinking in terms of that is so fucking cancerous.
>>
>>63785158
this nigga mad at a memem
>>
>>63784975

But Sujan and Sigur Ros are great, while Les Rallizes, This Heat, DNA, Boris, Exuma, Comus, Albert Ayler, Current 93, and Death in June are fucking garbage.
>>
>>63784975
Oh yeah, one Italian critic is totally correct about everything and his opinions are objective.
>>
>>63785221

Scruffles hates a lot of things on the right, though. He especially hates Les Rallizes Denudes.
>>
>>63785164
Hungry Heart really pushed boundaries, didn't it? It's rare to find such an inaccessible piece of music.
>>
>>63785221
Don't forget that he gave Dream Theater, Fear Factory, Guns N Roses and Korn albums higher scores than the albums on the left
>>
>>63785158
>>Musical Abortions is boundary pushing
that could even be argued, because it's basically the bottom of the barrel for no-fi extreme metal production and came out at a very early developmental stage for death metal
>>
>>63785279
ilinoise, mbdtf, person pitch all have 7.5's
>>
>>63785214
Sad about how misinformed you are :(
>>
>>63785242
>The more recordings surfaced, the less relevant the band seemed to be.
Only because they have a million recordings of the same dozen songs
>Most of their music was disposable, an inept imitation of the Velvet Underground occasionally decaying into childish mayhem.
You could say this about all jam-heavy noise rock that came after TVU

I'm sure LRD are overrated outside of japanese noise circles but these aren't great criticisms, tagged onto an article that only summarizes their release history
>>
>>63785214
dem meeems evrywerhe
>>
File: haino ayler.jpg (145 KB, 716x960) Image search: [Google]
haino ayler.jpg
145 KB, 716x960
>>63785214

Hey, leave Albert alone! You don't want this guy to beat you up, do you?
>>
>people still haven't realized the right is literally Scaruffi
>>
File: v4YrVwd.jpg (175 KB, 486x486) Image search: [Google]
v4YrVwd.jpg
175 KB, 486x486
the left is music ppl wanna listen to and the right is music people say they "should" listen to
>>
>>63784975
you're probably right but who gives a fuck if music sounds good it's good
>>
>>63784975
butthurt poser lmao
>>
>>63785016

i am involved in many different "art music" and post punk circles and Springsteen is unanimously regarded as one of the greatest musicians of all time within those groups.

i don't really understand it, i mean i love Bruce but i don't understand why a bunch of avant garde noise musicians love him so much
>>
>>63785158
why do you think keiji haino has bad lyrics? do you speak japanese?
>>
who cares lmao!
>>
>>63784975
I like albums from both sides. You're just a desperate avant-teen.
>>
>>63785932
>i am involved in many different "art music" and post punk circles

You don't have to tell us that you participate in circlejerk threads on /mu/ :^)
>>
>>63785932
It's because he's amazing.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.