[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>talking to my brother about jazz and rock >explain to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3
File: 1453820725082.jpg (36 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1453820725082.jpg
36 KB, 645x773
>talking to my brother about jazz and rock
>explain to him that jazz was branching into artistic and experimental territory as early as the 50s and that rock music didn't really become an art form until the mid 60s
>he says "All music is art"
>mfw he believes this unironically

what do you guys do when you encounter a pleb like this?
>>
i dont talk about music with them because what's the point? he's your brother but what are you even trying to accomplish
>>
But all music is art.
>>
You sound like a huge faggot
>>
>>63782106
>everything is art
it's true byw
>>
If you were my brother and you said this to me I would choke you the fuck out.

Fucking faggot.
>>
He's right. Louis Armstrongs acchivements in jazz in the 1910s were just as "artistic" experimental and visionary as whatever post-cracker wank from the 50s that you like to call "art-jazz".

It's funny how music is only considered experimental when crackers in a college decide it is.
>>
What are you trying to say? Baroque music did lots of innovation and artistic experimentation hundreds of years before jazz was even a thing.
>>
>>63782434
embarrassing post
>>
>>63782434
>Implying Louis Armstong has recordings in the 1910's
>He doesn't understand the development of technology and Charlie Parker/Dizzy Gillespie's contribution to bebop/non-pop jazz

Gee, you sure seem interested to talk about something you know so little about. Why is that?
>>
>>63782106
>he believes the concept of art can be objectively defined
That's where you all faggots fail. Ask 1000 people what art is and you'll get 1000 different answers. Why do people even get worked-up about such a meme-tier concept?
>>
Everything is art.. religion, this board, the computer or phone you're posting from, the words I'm writing now .. they're art. Just a lower form of it
>>
>>63783013
if everything is art than how does it seem if more like?
>>
OP got BTFO by Big Bro
>>
File: best board.png (5 KB, 507x84) Image search: [Google]
best board.png
5 KB, 507x84
>>63783013
this board is truly among the greatest works of art
>>
>>63782594
stop whitesplaining things to him, whitey
>>
>>63783072
this site*
>>
>>63783049
>if everything is art than how does it seem if more like?

what
>>
>>63783111
if everything is art than how does it seem if more like?
>>
>>63782594
>1910=music started
>>
>>63782106
more like logical fallacy central

just yell at him "truism" and make him google it
>>
If everything is art, doesn't that devalue the term and make it meaningless?
>>
>>63783335
not for me since i'm a useless piece of shit :DDD
>>
My brother can't point out France on a map and he's 26.
>>
>it's only art when there are 8 minute solos
>>
OP pls leave u are blebian
>>
>>63783335

this
>>
>>63783335
Yes, what's your point?
>>
>>63782106
Your brother sounds like a cool guy OP. Can we hang out?

You can stay at home tho.
>>
>>63783564
he clearly made a point
>>
i stopped discussing music with my family years ago because they're all massive fucking plebs
"jazz is just noise" "the beatles are the best" etc;
>>
>>63782106
I acknowledge the fact that everybody has different interests and sees the world differently and I go about my interests and my way of living without unrealistically expecting everyone to see things my exact way
>>
>>63782594
>implying Louis Armstrong's development in jazz began with his recording career.
>>
>>63782228
Ego masturbation

>hurr durr had an argument with my bro better post on a mongolian cartoon board so people will validate my opinion
>>
>>63783707
pleb
>>
>OP's brother is a complete pleb that doesn't give a shit about music yet he BTFO'd OP in a musical discussion
nice famalama
>>
>>63782106
>OP trying to explain to his bro that rock music became an art form way after jazz did.
>OP calls his brother a pleb
Yeah okay, so? What's the point? Are you trying to cover up your insecurities by talking down on people's music tastes?
>>
>>63782106
i bet you unironically make distinctions between "film" and "movie" too
>>
>>63783111
answer the fucking question anon
>>
>>63783707
thank you for saying something intelligent and reasonable
>>
>>63783335
Yes. Art is an inherently worthless term, and has been for the past century.
>>
>>63782106
Nigga, I'll give you a medal and a blowjob if you can tell me what is art
>>
>>63782106

I tell him that he can fuck off and his rock loving brother, too. Classical music, best music.
>>
>>63783335
Yes. Art is a noun not an adjective or signifier of quality.
>>
>>63785259
>things that all normal people understand without any problem that /mu/ is completely incapable of wrapping their heads around
>>
>>63784501

why wouldn't he? do you actually believe they're the same thing?
>>
>>63782106
He's right.

You understand that the word "art" doesn't imply merit, right? There can be "bad art"
>>
>>63782279
This
It might not be good but it still is art
>>
>>63783335
>Not understanding the concept of art.
>>
>>63783146
Thanks for that mate, I needed a good chuckle.
>>
art is such a nebulous term, who gives a fuck
>>
>>63782434
Interesting input, nigger.
>>
(You) and your brother are both retarded plebs
>>63782228
thread should have ended here
>>63782434
funny how music is only considered experimental when some faggot on /mu/ says so
>>63783013
art is only art when a person sees meaning in it, you entry level wanna be avant turd
>>
>>63783335
This. Art is purely a term of practicality and convenience. You shouldn't read into it more than that.
There's no use in saying that eating a banana by yourself on the bus is art. You could but it doesn't change anything. It just makes the word 'art' less useful
>>
>>63787619
>art is only art when a person sees meaning in it, you entry level wanna be avant turd
this, art is a property of experience defined by your expectation of it rather than some concrete thing
>>63783335
if you want it to, yes
>>
>>63786419
the point is who gives a fuck
>>
>>63790157

people who are passionate about the medium.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.