[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> WHY DON'T THEY LET ME GO HOME
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
> WHY DON'T THEY LET ME GO HOME
>>
sloop john B nigga pull up on SLATT
nigga talmshit so i hittemfrundaback
>>
sloop john b makes me wish i could sing
>>
He'll be fine......
>>
>>63781600
Theres a debate about whether or not he chooses to tour because he enjoys it, or he feels its good for his mental wellbeing.
>>
>>63781600
DON'T FUCK WITH THE FORMULA BRIAN
>>
brian lost his mind in the 1970s
this isnt brian
this is a husk of a man
>>
>>63785652
>brian lost his mind in the 1970s

If you genuinely believe Brian is mentally "gone", then you should know it wouldn't have happened in the 70s. He just ate a lot and did a shitload of drugs. If he ever seemed "off" based on interviews in the 70s then it was probably a result of the drugs and him being a generally eccentric dude. He was overmedicated in the 80s; that's when he went cuckoo if he ever did, but it's worth noting that he's honestly in a okay headspace by this point. He's been recovering for over 20 years, and is experiencing only lingering effects of things like aural hallucinations. He's just old now.
>>
>>63785794
this
watch love & mercy to get an idea

im really glad he's touring again and he seems to love it.
>>
>>63785794
that's good to hear then
>>
>>63785794
Watch or read a Brian Wilson interview from recent times. Then compare it to this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z4N4BSs4Ic
Look at his million-mile stare. It's fucking obvious he's not all there, regardless of age.
>>
>tfw he never got to finish his masterpiece SMiLE
>>
>>63786223
>guy is more energetic and engaged at the age of 21-22 prior to any exposure to drugs than he is at the age of 74+

Who would have thunk it.

Seriously though, I'm not saying he isn't damaged after years and years of drug abuse and overmedication accenting his already-present mental issues, but he's not a "husk" or anything. I have no reason to believe he's a walking shell of a man who just has people telling him what to do and where to go at all times.
>>
>>63786223
>May I compliment you on your beautiful dress ?
Damn, Dennis. Give the other guys a chance.
>>
>>63786223
Also

>True gentlemen, Murray and Audree did a good job in raising these guys! Brian is in superior form.
>Murray "Fucking Murray Wilson" Wilson
>did a good job raising his kids

This fucking guy.
>>
>>63786367
"He's just old now."
>>
>>63786367
And and it has nothing to be with simply being more energetic and engaged...

Brian has been so battered mentally that he has become a fucking shell of his former self.

It's not simply due to the fact that "he's just old now."
>>
You do know that Sloop John B. is NOT a Beach Boys song, don't you?
>>
>>63787097
Brian made it his own t b h
>>
does anyone have that video from a BB concert in the 70s where Brian runs at Mike Love and Mike gets pissed
>>
>>63786519
Sorry, that's a load of shit. He's not "battered" and he's not a "shell". I've met him. He's fine. He's not 100% there, and he's very old, but he's fine.
>>
>>63785794
What drugs he used to do?
>>
>>63788718
weed
lsd
>>
>>63788718
Coke and shrooms mostly
>>
>>63788718
loads of stuff. coke, hashish, copious amounts of alcohol, amphetamines, lsd.
>>
>>63785794
Apparently in '73 or '74, he dug a grave in his own backyard and asked his wife at the time to push him in and bury him.

I wouldn't say he was gone, but the dude was certainly not well in the head at all.
>>
>>63788826
>hashish

Yessss
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.