[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone tell me whats so great about aphex twin. There has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: who dat.jpg (17 KB, 406x406) Image search: [Google]
who dat.jpg
17 KB, 406x406
Can someone tell me whats so great about aphex twin. There has been undoubtedly better electronic from 70s/80s. Sure he isn't bad but i dont think he deserves the dick riding fanbase he has.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>63775679
Sasha is my slutty qt waifu :3
>>
>>63775685
she licks toilets for a living, I dont see why you should be proud of her bring your waifu
>>
Totally agree. Sasha would be a top waifu,.
>>
He stays close enough to mainstream to be accessible but far enough away from it to stay hip

I liked him early on when this was the most weird stuff running on MTV but it got boring quickly. Fans now are either stuck in nostalgia, or still surprised and excited about this weird different sound they just heard on an CSI episode for the first time
>>
File: smirking nee-san.jpg (21 KB, 192x280) Image search: [Google]
smirking nee-san.jpg
21 KB, 192x280
I disagree, the lad is pretty damn good, and his Syro shows that he still got it.

That being said, ICBYD & SAWV 2 is his alltime best work
>>
syro was trash

quite a few good ones in that userXXXXX account on soundcloud, wonder if he's lost it since it was probably all the old stuff that was the best...
>>
>>63775679
what from those eras would you compare with the aphex twins? nothing sounds like rdj before rdj.
>>
This is going to be a ridiculous generalizaton, but there are two types of IDM. The sample-heavy downtempo music that relies on nostalgia (BoC, Four Tet). Then there's the glitch inspired breakbeat stuff (Autechre, some of Squarepusher's works). Aphex manages to reach a middle ground between these two with almost all of his releases. Even on something like SAW 85-92, you have ambient tracks like Xtal and Tha alongside straight up techno like Green Calx and Ptolemy.

tl;dr: Aphex Twin is essentially the face of IDM
>>
>>63777362
You'd be surprised.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fqpTZLgHIU
>>63777362
https://youtu.be/6iFvbn8giOA
>>
>>63777362
Really?

https://vimeo.com/45357552
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.