[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Limp Bizkit the ultimate form of buttrock? https://www.y
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
Is Limp Bizkit the ultimate form of buttrock?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpUYjpKg9KY
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIUi9gsa30A
>>
>>63772807
Yeah, pretty much any post-grunge/nu metal song with overly testosterone'd/misogynistic lyrics along with obnoxiously in-your-face vocals is about as buttrock as you're gonna get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1VF6OPzX2g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YrWsmlJSiw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdaKwt5cHEk
>>
>>63772845
LOL
>>
Van Halen/Guns N Roses/Motley Crue etc is true buttrock
>>
>>63772807
no, queens of the stone age is
>>
>>63773753
They're not buttrock
>>
>>63772807
no, that's not really what buttrock even is
>>
>>63773662

That's cock rock.
>>
Foo Fighters are the ultimate buttrock band
>>
File: Butt Rock Essentials Expanded.jpg (1 MB, 963x1705) Image search: [Google]
Butt Rock Essentials Expanded.jpg
1 MB, 963x1705
>>63773766
>>
>>63773948
what do you think buttrock is

a general derogatory term based on a number of common rock music tropes

or an actual genre
>>
>>63773963
>It's on my le meme chart, therefore it's buttrock xD

Get out, you literally have no idea what buttrock is.
>>
>>63772807
0:54 to 0:58 might be some of the cringiest shit ever filmed
>>
>>63773753
except they're actually good
>>
>>63773985
>only things that match my narrow definition of something fit! no one disagree with me!
>>
>>63773963
>Bruce Springsteen
>Nirvana
>Soundgarden
>Alice In Chains
>Kyuss
>White Zombie
>Days of the New
>Temple of the fucking Dog

Holy shit, this may be the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. Whoever made this should literally kill themselves.
>>
Anyone got a decent definition of Buttock?
>>
>>63774013

There aren't any White Zombie albums on there
>>
>>63774023
>must be post-grunge or nu metal
>singer must have a (forced) raspy or Eddie Vedder-esque voice
>must be from the late 90s or later

It was originally used to make fun of the vapid, uninteresting wave of post-grunge bands that sprung about in the early-mid 2000s, but /mu/ has twisted that definition beyond recognition.
>>
>>63774049
Ahhh so like Creed, Staind, Everlast, Three Doors Down etc?
>>
>>63774060
Exactly. Puddle of Mudd, Seether, 3 Doors Down, Theory of a Deadman, you get the drill.
>>
all rock is buttrock desu
>>
>>63774060
>Everlast

that's emo rap
>>
Limp Bizkit is ironically amazing and I unironically love them and have them on my music playing device of choice.
>>
>>63774013
90s kids get out
>>
>>63774214
Grunge literally can't be buttrock because of principle alone; the whole reason for its existence was to counteract 80s cockrock.

Also, I was literally born after any of those bands reached the peak of their mainstream success.
>>
>>63774241
He who fights monsters ends up making generic radio rock with nothing but 5 power chords per song and uninteresting structures.
>>
>>63774025
White Zombie, Rob Zombie, same thing basically.

Regardless, that chart is horrible and was obviously made by someone who doesn't know what they're doing and/or has a hateboner for Josh Homme.
>>
>>63774277
>White Zombie, Rob Zombie, same thing basically.

With that sort of nuanced analysis, I can see how Homme's butt nature might have eluded you.
>>
>>63774013
Behold the Grunger. At first sight this specimen may be confused with a member of the patrician family. Seemingly rejecting fads and marketing addled vapid bands without talent or musical proficiency. Rejecting basic songs for the mass market from the bandwagon and generic lyrics that read like madlibs.

But when placed in the appropriate enviroment, say, suburban America in 1994 their instincts will turn on themselves and they will laude uninteresting overlong, overwrought and angs-riddled songs as "masterpieces". They will try to defend 3-chord radio rock as a worthwile artistic statement to your face and not stutter a single time whilst doing it.

Even more bafflingly, this weird confusion of the senses tends to last just a few years, and when the 2000s roll into town the Grunger will re-adapt amidst the patricians and infiltrate them once again. Such deceitful, complex and majestic creature, the Grunger.
>>
>>63773963
Why is Soundgarden buttrock?
>>
>>63774329
I haven't listened to any grunge besides Nirvana and Pearl Jam's biggest hits: the post
>>
>>63774357
Honestly fampai shit like this is what kills /mu/ desu
Either debate him or call him a faggot but trying to spin any disagreement with you as just ignorance is pretty conversation stifling and not as fun as telling him to go fuck himself desu
>>
>>63774346
It's not. This is literally a shitposting thread and nothing in it should be taken seriously
>>
>>63774013
Do you even understand what Buttrock is or where the term originated?

They're all firmly Buttrock, since Buttrock is the sort of music you hear on radio stations that have announcements like "nothing but rock".
>>
>>63775080
So... literally all rock you hear on the radio is buttrock? That's a pretty wide range of music.
>>
>>63775250
No, only rock played on stations that explicitly use the words "nothing BUTT ROCK"
>>
>>63775255
Again, that's still a really wide range of music.
>>
>Butt rock
That's a weird way of spelling shit
>>
>>63774013
>i like it so its not buttrock
>>
>>63773963
How is pop-punk buttrock?
>>
>>63775942
It's shit
>>
>>63775901
>I don't like it so it's buttrock
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.