[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the biggest band in the world right now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
What is the biggest band in the world right now?
>>
kendrick lamar is the biggest artist

arcade fire is the biggest band, although they're flopping too hard and are ready to fall
>>
Imagine Dragons
>>
AC/DC
>>
>god mode

name all the bands who have ever been "the biggest" since the beatles, in order
>>
>>63763264
>band?

There hasn't been a big band in like 5 years, rock is dead
>>
>>63763278
>arcade fire
nah, more like maroon 5 or something
>>
>>63763278
you seem kind of delusional
>>
>>63763407
Pink Floyd
AC/DC
Radiohead
>>
Uhhh, maybe Muse... Avenged Sevenfold? I dunno
>>
>>63763407
velvet underground
led zeppelin
pink floyd
talking heads
the smiths
the cure
nirvana
radiohead
arcade fire

checkmate.
>>
>>63763486
>velvet underground
What?
>>
>>63763486
You're delusional. The Velvet Underground wouldn't even get played on the radio and Oasis was bigger than the majority of those bands
>>
>>63763516
>>63763526
so fucking wrong.

do you realize how many people cite the velvet underground as a musical influence? probably just as much if not more than the beatles.

they're big in the sense that they had a wide-reaching, critical impact on the underground scene. they are one of THE big bands: maybe not commercially but critically
>>
Biggest as in who packs the biggest stadiums? You can make a case for Coldyplay, U2 or Red Hot Chili Peppers
>>
>>63763264
TAKE A LOOK AT THESE HANDS
>>
Coldplay is probably the most successful band in terms of popularity.
>>
one direction
green day
imagine dragons
fall out boy
maroon 5
>>
>>63763516
>>63763526
right, because this isn't big:
Brian Eno Can David Bowie Joy Division Kraftwerk Patti Smith Roxy Music Sex Pistols Sonic Youth Talking Heads Television The Stooges The Verve U2 Duran Duran Echo & the Bunnymen Faust Galaxie 500 Jonathan Richman Mink DeVille My Bloody Valentine Neu! New York Dolls Nirvana Pere Ubu Pixies Pretenders Sparks Stereolab Suicide The Church The Cure The Dream Syndicate The Fall The Feelies The Jesus and Mary Chain The Raincoats Yo La Tengo Young Marble Giants Amon Düül Beat Happening Belle and Sebastian British Sea Power Broadcast Chrome Controlled Bleeding Dead Boys Electrelane Gang of Four Gary Numan Glenn Branca Hüsker Dü Iggy Pop Jane's Addiction Japan Jim Carroll Let's Active Love and Rockets Mercury Rev Mott the Hoople R.E.M. Siouxsie and the Banshees Spacemen 3 Sun City Girls Swell Maps Swervedriver Television Personalities The Chills The Flaming Lips The House of Love The Modern Lovers The Psychedelic Furs The Verlaines Throbbing Gristle Tom Tom Club Unrest Bauhaus Big Star Clinic Dirty Three Godspeed You! Black Emperor Low My Morning Jacket Peter Bjorn and John Pussy Galore Rocket from the Tombs Silver Apples Simple Minds Slint Slowdive Spectrum Spoon Th' Faith Healers That Petrol Emotion The Boo Radleys The Chameleons UK The Dandy Warhols The Fiery Furnaces The Go-Betweens The Strokes The Vaselines The Weather Prophets Agent Ribbons Air Waves Au Dunes Cosmonauts Deleted Scenes Froth Mainland Monk Parker Sabina Stevie Jackson
>>
>>63763553

That's the problem bro, the thread is talking about commercially. No one is saying they weren't influential, but we're talking about selling out big stadiums.
>>
>>63763553
>>63763583
How retarded are you two? Do you not know what the word "big" means?
>>
>>63763553
We're not talking about influence though, just popularity. Your list would be alright if we were talking about influence but we're not
>>
>>63763436
Coldplay.
>>
>>63763297
>>63763576
Are Imagine Dragons relevant? I know they had a bunch of hits with that pile of focus group shite album back in 2012 or something, but I haven't really heard about them since then
>>
>>63763588
>big stadiums
for you

>>63763598
>"big" means
for you

>>63763602
for you
>>
>>63763407
64-69: Beatles
69-71: The Rolling Stones
71-76: Led Zeppelin
76-84: Van Halen
84-87: Van Hagar
87-91: Guns N Roses
91-93: Nirvana
93-95: Pearl Jam
95-97: Smashing Pumpkins
97-00: Red Hot Chili Peppers
00-04: Linkin Park
04-06: Green Day
06-08: Fall Out Boy
08-present: Muse

All 100% Correct.
>>
>>63763407
>The Rolling Stones
>Queen
>AC/DC
>Metallica
>U2
>Nirvana
>Oasis
>Radiohead
>Linkin Park
>Coldplay

Something like this.
>>
>>63763588
OP didn't specify. Big can mean anything

>>63763598
Yeah, I do. So do /tv/

>>63763602
I say we are talking about influence. Problem?
>>
>>63763627
:^)
>>
>>63763627
>mad/10
for you
>>
>>63763656
Kill yourself.
>>
>>63763639
Maybe but FOB never got higher than 2x platinum and U2 probably fits in there somewhere
>>
>>63763656
How could we even measure the most influential band in the world right now? You're being fucking retarded
>>
>>63763682
I'd say U2 were as big as Guns'n'Roses from 87-91, and RHCP were probably the biggest band again from 06-08
>>
>>63763679
>>63763657
>>63763669
>>63763714
k sorry. here, everyone gets a (you)
>>
Coleslaw. Even if they did get cucked out of their own halftime show by the Black Panthers and a Hawaiian midget.
>>
>>63763656
Jesus Christ
>>
rolling stones
eagles
hall & oates
journey
pearl jam
nickleback
coldplay
twenty one pilots
>>
radiohead, duh
>>
nineensevennyfai... for a bit
>>
>>63763576
i thought the fall out boys had a pretty weak reception to their new album and tour. i'm not saying they aren't big, but i think they're a lot smaller than they were c.2008
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.