[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/experimentalelectronics/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10
File: Otomo.jpg (55 KB, 600x647) Image search: [Google]
Otomo.jpg
55 KB, 600x647
Musique concrete, EAI, Onkyo, tape music, turntable music, lowercase and the like thread.

Who do you like?
>>
I like this.
What do YOU like?
https://vaginialudwigia.bandcamp.com/track/your-heart-explodes-in-a-world-of-silver-where-everything-still-sparkles
Also isn't Musique Concréte almost necessarily non-electronic?
>>
lambkin's amateur doubles is one of my favourite albums ever
>>
>>63754706
You forgot electroacoustic, glitch, and microsound.
>>
G R O N V A L L
R
O
N
V
A
L
L
>>
>>63754886
>and the like
>>
>>63754910
but the list could go on
>>
File: reynols blank tapes.jpg (116 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
reynols blank tapes.jpg
116 KB, 600x600
Listened to this last night.

It was an incredibly rewarding close-listen.

Also revisited Richard Chartier's Direct.Incidental.Consequential with an amplified attention-span and spent the record's final half in awe.

>>63754910
Glitch and electroacoustic maintain a more prominent presence in the experimental electronic scene than turntable music and EAI. You've no excuse for referring to them simply as "the like."

In addition, you included both Lowercase and Onkyo, when the latter is a mere denomination of former. This serves to make you omission of electroacoustic and glitch even more irredeemable.
>>
>>63755007
Yes already Bond, I get it.
>>
>>63755049
>Bond
Excuse me?

I don't understand that reference.
>>
>>63755007
>Using the word "irredeemable" to describe a 4chan post.
>>
>>63755073
Doesn't that word describe most 4chan post?
>>
>>63754706
Also, I think it would be both cooler and wiser to refer to these threads as /expel/ (exp[erimental]el[ectronics], of course).

It's more concise, and I think the name could be quite cool. It reinforces the idea that we're a collection of musical renegades, finding solace in music's most experimental and uncompromising regions.
>>
>>63755111
I think his point is the redundancy of using it
>>
>>63755007
how can an action be more irredeemable?
it could be less redeemable, but if it's irredeemable that mean's it's not redeemable
you can't have an action that's more not redeemable than another
>>
>>63755073
I don't see the problem.

>>63755148
It's not redundant. Some posts can be redeemed. Sometimes initial inspection betrays a post's intellectual weight, and second, more thorough reads are warranted.

>>63755159
I suppose so. A rare rhetorical err on my behalf.
>>
>>63755072

>>>63755007
>>>007
>>
Please post about/discuss/share /expel/.

Anyone here ever listen to rotor plus?

>>63755235
Thanks. I understand now.
>>
the only musique concrete ive really listened to is frank zappas.
how do i get into musique concrete?
>>
Fine.

Perhaps you've all already resigned /expel/ to this premature grave, but I haven't. I will never give up on /expel/. It's a genre whose dense, wild regions oft live, wither, and die without a single appreciative glance.

Tonight, at roughly 10 PM (US EST), I will be making another /expel/ thread. Schedule to make an appearance and contribute, if you actually give a damn about experimental electronics.
>>
>>63755764
Your autism and tripfaggotry killed the thread.
Thanks unty
>>
>>63755833
Don't give me that shit. Yes, I did somewhat deviate from /expel/ discussion, but never once was it with malicious intent.

Furthermore, you'll notice that of the posts trying to facilitate /expel/ discussion, I account for at least half. If people had recognized my efforts and assisted, instead of focusing on my posts' digits the nuances of my rhetoric, this would not have happened.
>>
Nakamura and Sachiko collabs are amazing check out Un and Do

Sachiko's solo records are garbage tho

also Ami Yoshida is my fav lowercase waifu
>>
>>63755007
>you included both Lowercase and Onkyo, when the latter is a mere denomination of former

not true btw
>>
>>63755833
You want to get back at him? Go through the archive to look at his post history and start turn his favorite albums into memes and jokes.

He like unwounds future of what and even has an unwound shirt
>>
Both new Ash Koosha AND Com Truise records released yesterday and I don't see people talking about it here, what's going on /mu/?
>>
>>63755338
michel choin's requiem
parmegiani's de natura sonorum
>>
File: lowercase onkyo.png (2 KB, 313x165) Image search: [Google]
lowercase onkyo.png
2 KB, 313x165
>>63755977
Why do you disagree?

>>63756065
There's a thread up right now, though. There's little discussion, but people think glitch is dead so that's not all surprising.

Are you familiar with any of Perry Trollope's various projects?
>>
>>63756131
Never heard of him
>>
>>63756131
what are your favorite glitch albums?
>>
>>63755219
err is a verb you tryhard
>>
>>63756212
Bear in mind that this is tentative and subject to rigorous adjustments every week.

Sweet Trip - Velocity : Design : Comfort
Pita - Get Out
SO - SO
Kim Cascone - Cathode.Flower
/F - The Fourth Bully
LA Lakers - Silk Lettuce Whitney Houston

>>63756318
Please try to avoid deviating from the topic outlined in the OP.
>>
>>63755007
hey unty how's your day going buddy :)
>>
discussion so far: i like thing. argument over semantics.

lots of great discussion good work
>>
File: Cristiano-Ronaldo-shout.png (181 KB, 441x368) Image search: [Google]
Cristiano-Ronaldo-shout.png
181 KB, 441x368
Any good recs on Musique Concrete?
I know the essentials: Parmegiani, Schaeffer, Ferrari and so on, but I want something not that popular
>>
>>63756530
>something not that popular
so you can feel less like a poseur?
>>
>>63756530
go to rym > charts > change top to esoteric > type musique concrete in the box > pick an album with a cool cover
>>
File: mispol.jpg (31 KB, 315x341) Image search: [Google]
mispol.jpg
31 KB, 315x341
>>63756620
It's not for the sake of posing, but for the purpose of exploring something worth attention but not so common. I KNOW the essentials and therefore I'd like to hear some hidden gem.
Take that stick out of your ass, pal
>>
>>63756624
>Varese, Distel, Parmegiani, Cage, Ground Zero, Ferrari, Stockhausen
come on
>>
>>63756695
okay try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W73Gnr9nwl4
>>
>>63756731
>cherry picking
come on
>>
What's your favorite work by Otomo?
>>
>>63756695
I was willing to tolerate your repugnant rec-begging until this post.

He has every right to keep that stick up his ass. You want to be spoon-fed material that he likely invested hours of digging to find. If you want to move beyond the essentials, you do so. You've the tools within immediate grasp. Passive ass piece of shit.

>>63756750
Haha. Holy shit. Nice one. I wasn't even expecting that.

>>63756779
>spoon-feeding
Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>63756750
>>63756768
why are you so full of shit? If I hadn't known RYM I wouldn't have been asking you
>>63756779
thank you man cheers
>>
>>63756807
have you listened to every album cataloged on rym? no? keep using that then
>>
>>63756802
>You want to be spoon-fed material that he likely invested hours of digging to find. If you want to move beyond the essentials, you do so. You've the tools within immediate grasp. Passive ass piece of shit.
I suppose you'd say to your friends if you had any: "No, I won't rec you any album, beacuse I HAVE SPENT HOURS ON DIGGING THROUGH THEM THEREFORE I HAVE THE ONLY RIGHT TO KNOW ABOUT IT"
fuck you, this board is about sharing and discussing and i am already listening to music for many hours a day. kys tripfag
>>
>>63755007
>glitch
>more prominent than EAI
'no'
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 368x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 368x960
>>63756802
don't get mad cuz I'm sippin jasmine tea and about to take a drive to get my hair did F U C K N I G G E R
>>63756807
word
it's on soulseek. if you don't got soulseek I can upload it for you when I get home
>>
>>63756912
>if you don't got soulseek I can upload it for you when I get home
I would be very grateful
>>63756799
i like his Quintet's Live in Lisbon and Cathode
>>
>>63756894
Allow me to enlighten you to an unpleasant truth: You're not entitled to anything.

Our existence is cut-throat and perilous. You're not entitled by my decency, least of all when you present yourself as a passive cunt that leeches on the efforts of others.

>this thread is about sharing and discussing
None of which you've contributed to in this thread.

>>63756912
You're an ugly trust-fund kiddie who does nothing but peddle degeneracy and insincerity.

You're not even worth a response, so consider this my last.

Good riddance.
>>
summing up unty in three words: virgin with rage.
>>
File: Psychotropic Software.jpg (903 KB, 865x865) Image search: [Google]
Psychotropic Software.jpg
903 KB, 865x865
check out this experimental electronic track I made. inspired by double leopards, spencer clark, and early james ferraro. I figure you guys might be the audience I'm trying to reach.

https://soundcloud.com/stardustshaman/mystics-of-neptune
>>
>>63757176
>check out this experimental electronic track I made
no
>>
>>63757188
your loss :^)
>>
>>63757137
you have to include autism in there or you haven't summed him up totally
>>
unty what on earth is wrong with you?

isn't this the music that you like? aren't you always complaining about how it's never discussed? why would you ruin your chance to discuss it then? why would you do this?

i swear i don't understand it
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 99x91) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 99x91
>>63757054
your projections aren't built on reality but rather a bitter drive for a euphoric rush through exaggerated (borderline ironic even) diviseness which is something that has been done time and time again by trips much more interesting and wholesome than you, *especially* in weebteam

quit sperging and get laid
>>
File: piesek.jpg (41 KB, 580x425) Image search: [Google]
piesek.jpg
41 KB, 580x425
>>63757054
see>>63757137

I live a normal life.
I have a gf, i study at uni, many things interest me.
I listen to a lot of music and kindly ask for some recommendations in a thread dedicated to this kind of music.
I don;t have infinite time to check out everything and I trust people in this thread.
This>>63756912 nice guy showed me some album. I am happy. He's probably glad for me and for him that his vast knowlegde in a topic allowed me to hear something extraordinary. You out of nowhere showed up with an insane damage control.
Think about it.
>>
shut up boys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJI57LXAr58
>>
>>63757249
>weebteam
you mean those literal children who just roleplayed and made circlejerk threads devoid of any music discussion? what do they have to do with anything
>>
>>63757269 (me)
>>63757054
oh about contributing
I actually named my 2 fav Yoshihide albums>>63756947
do you want to discuss that, pal?
>>
>>63757249
>xusosis implying he fucks anyone other than his cat
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 720x960
>>63757283
unty used to (still is?) in weebteam and he thinks I don't remember him lol
he'd clam up like a little bitch when I'd step out of line in the IRC but suddenly had a books-worth of shit to say about me when I stopped using IRC
he's the kind of person who likely takes anonymity and big groups for granted IRL too if he does that sort of thing. it's what happens when you take 4chan seriously
>>
>>63757398
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut_gallery
>>
>>63757505
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut_gallery
What did he mean by this?
>>
Stop bumping this thread.

If you must post, sage.

Let it die.
>>
>>63757644
Is music just a game to you?
>>
Whe else here likes Milan Knížák?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhSz9tnei8c
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.