[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scaruffi Metallica
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: Metallica-1983.jpg (129 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Metallica-1983.jpg
129 KB, 630x420
Kill 'Em All (1983) , 8/10
Ride The Lightning (1984) , 7.5/10
Master Of Puppets (1986) , 8/10
And Justice For All (1988) , 7/10
Metallica (Black Album) (1991) , 7/10
>>
correct
>>
Take 1 away from ST and add it to RTL and we're good
>>
>>63753246
>Kill 'Em All only 8/10
>>
>>63753246
>Not,
>Kill 'Em All - 8/10
>Ride the Lightning - 8.5/10
>Master of Puppets - 7.5/10
>...And Justice For All - 7.5/10
>>>considering any other Metallica albums "good" or "metal"
WEW FUCKING LAD
>>
>>63753320
The early albums are metal.
>>
>>63753346
That's what he said, he sais the "other albums"
>>
>>63753320
get out of here, metalfag
>>
>>63753320
> kill em all 8/10
pshh
>>
Honestly removing the second verse and chorus from half the songs on AJFA makes the album better. Those motherfuckers really do drag on. Add some bass and the album would be 9/10
>>
>>63753246

Official, objective album scores:

>Kill 'Em All
8/10

>Ride The Lightning
9/10

>Master Of Puppets
8/10

>...And Justice For All
7.5/10

>Metallica
6/10

>Load
8.5/10

>Reload
7.5/10

>St. Anger
4/10

>Death Magnetic
5/10
>>
>kill em all
8/10
>ride the lightning
7.5/10
>master of puppets
9/10
>and justice for all
8.5/10
honestly the rest of Metallica's discography isn't too great, and the black album is one of the most overrated pieces of music ever. good though, but not as good as any of the earlier works
>>
Ride the Lightning should have been 8.5 and Black Album 5 or 6/10 at best.
>>
Kill 'Em All - 8/10
Ride The Lightning - 9/10
Master Of Puppets - 9/10
...And Justice For All - 8/10
Metallica - 6/10
Load - 5/10
Reload - 4/10
St. Anger - 2/10
Death Magnetic - 7/10
>>
>>63753246
>s/t as good as AJFA
wew pleb
>>
While we're on the topic of Scaruffi, I've got to ask - Why are there age limits? Why can't he marry a 12-year-old?
>>
File: robinwilliams.png (111 KB, 741x417) Image search: [Google]
robinwilliams.png
111 KB, 741x417
>people actually care about Scaruffi's scores
>>
Kill Em All is their best album IMO
>>
>>63753246
i like the one thats like,

dudderla dud, dudderla dud
dudderla dud, dudderla dud BAAA!

you know the one
>>
>>63753320
Correct ratings
>>
>>63753619
>Load
>8.5/10

>Reload
>7.5/10

What the fuck happened here. Those albums are total shit. They are even worse than St. Anger, if you can look past the memes.
>>
>>63754915
Yeah, that's Hit the Lights
>>
>Kill Em' All

>Ride The Lighning

>Master of Puppets

>And Justice For All

>The Black Album

>Load

>ReLoad

>St. Anger

>Death Pathetic

The Black Album was a good heavy rock album, thrash metal or not. It is varied, catchy and it sounds good. It has borderline cheesy lyrics, but it works. They put in effort and it shows.

Load and ReLoad are both a buttrock shitfest. They basically parodied what they became after releasing The Black Album. Some alright songs, but mostly just gimmicky uninspired crap. It's a jumbled mess, probably because they had to produce so many songs to make a double album.

St. Anger sounds like crap. But it's more concise compared to Load and ReLoad. It has a clear concept, of anger, frustration and mental problems. It is ruined by bad production, weird lyrics and the fact that James Hetfields voice has turned to shit. Some great guitar riffs are buried under the rubble. The snare drums have been memed to death.

Death Magnetic is a weak effort. It sounds forced. The lyrics are as shitty as those on St. Anger, but at least they have some melody behind them on this album. James Hetfield has officially lost his voice. May be technically superior to St. Anger, but it's so forgettable it doesn't matter.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=letLBUrt7yA

muh black album
good, catchy album
10/10 album
>>
Would Death Magnetic be considered any better if the official release wasn't completely brickwalled by the Loudness Wars-era production?
>>
Kill Em All > Ride The Lightning objectively
>>
>>63756913
no. objectively.
>>
>>63757670
Kill Em All is fast, raw, crunchy, more so than any of their other work. The production isn't stellar, but the sheer energy is unmatched, it's thrash at its best, and Metallica is a thrash band. There isn't a single weak track. RTL features slightly better production, a more thematic whole, but loses something along the way. There are a few weak tracks (Trapped Under Ice and Escape noticeably drag) and while certain tracks, such as Creeping Death, are able to capture the energy, it's just not on par with the 50 minutes of youthful exuberance and ferocity presented on their debut
>>
KEA - 8/10
RTL - 10/10
MOP - 10/10
AJFA - 7/10
S/T - 7/10
Load - 6/10
ReLoad - 4/10
St. - 1/10
DM - 3/10
>>
>Kill 'Em All
7/10

>Ride The Lightning
10/10

>Master Of Puppets
9/10

>...And Justice For All
8/10

>S/T
4/10

>Load
3/10

>Reload
2/10

>St. Anger
1/10

>Death Magnetic
4/10
>>
I'm voting this worst thread
>>
>>63753246
this is how i would do it in scaruffi scores

kill 'em all: 8/10
ride the lightning: 7/10
master of puppets: 7.5/10
and justice for all: 6.5/10
metallica: 6.5/10

ride the lightning is just too wanky. it's got some strong metal in it, but science goes to far on it
>>
>>63758473
Kill Em All is hard and fast but I feel like the pacing of Ride The Lightning actually works better than a bunch of songs all at the same tempo. Trapped Under Ice took a while to grow on me but it's one of my favorites now.
>>
>Every song on Kill 'em All is a no skip song
>only giving it an 8/10
Easily their best album.
>>
Is Lars Ulrich the biggest douchebag in the history of music? In every single piece of video I've ever seen him in, and every thing I've ever read about or from him, he comes across as the most insufferable cunt to have ever walked the earth. And he's a terrible drummer to boot.
>>
>>63761660
he gave Earth 2 a 8 too, i don't think he skipped any "song".
>>
It doesn't make sense scaruffi's 8s are usually albums that are innovative in some way. Kill em all while excellent is very similar to Motorhead. Master of the puppets is just a clone of ride the lightning.
By his system.
>Kill em All - 7
>Ride the lightning - 8
>mop - 6.5
>>
>>>63753320
Nice meme
>>
>>63753619
>Load
>8.5/10

I spit on my keyboard when I read that.
Why would anybody like that shit?
>>
Metallica is such a garbage band, but in all seriousness

Kill 'Em All - 10/10
Ride The Lightning - 9/10
Master of Puppets - 7/10
...And Justice for All - 6/10
Metallica (black album) - 4/10
everything else is between 1 and 2.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.