[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't you feel wrong when listening to these vaporwave,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Saint Pepsi - Hit Vibes.jpg (83 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Saint Pepsi - Hit Vibes.jpg
83 KB, 500x500
Don't you feel wrong when listening to these vaporwave, futurepunk, seapunk, witch house artists that just take a 95% of a song and raise the base in the DQ and add some reverb and somes white noise and call it their own?
>>
Strangely enough that's literally only vaporwave and future funk.

Seapunk and Witch House actually make original music.
>>
I CAN MAKE IT BETTA

FOR YOUUU
>>
>>63734360

this is true

How about you do what I do OP, and just fucking listen to the shit they sample instead
>>
>>63734374
Because the artist is usually just "okay" and you don't want to dig through their albums for their cuts when these DJs already did that work for you.
>>
>>63734430

this is false, and anyone that thinks this has no appreciation for AOR/soft rock/doesn't have the attention span to listen through an album that isn't constant dance numbers

if you think this, listen to Kaoru Akimoto's Cologne
>>
>>63735028
Thx for the rec.
>>
>>63735028
Shit, great rec

Fuck being a ''man''. This sounds so fucking dope to me
>>
>>63735028

Where can I find this, though?
>>
>>63736669

nvm, that wasn't so hard
>>
>>63734336
I hate that no effort shit.

This is my favorite modern vaporwave
https://lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>63734369
BRING
YA
OWN
BAABY
>>
>>63735028
While I think there is talent involved in making good future funk/vaporwave music, I agree.

Examples of good AOR/soft rock/smooth rnb, in my opinion, listen to them, lads:
Mark Free - Long Way From Love
Pages - S/T
Alexander O'Neal - Hearsay
Strangeways - Walk in the Fire
Brian May - Back to the Light
Roger Taylor - Fun in Space
(Those last two may not totally be AOR, but I fucking love both of those albums)

This stuff is fucking great, boys.
>>
>>63734336
It actually makes the music MORE aesthetic when they do that. It's all about idealisms when you have that "low effort" stuff. It's just regurgitating what has been force fed to us for decades, barely advancing it in any way.
>>
Why should I feel wrong when I like the way it sounds? Are you insecure about liking sounds?
>>
>>63737587
It's like wearing a Unknown Pleasures t-shirt and not knowing who Joy Division is.

In the sense that there's nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>63734336
if this is actually all you think st pepsi does you know nothing about production. most of this style is garbage but he knows his stuff
>>
>>63737605
It's not like that at all. I listen to things because I like how they sound. How is that anything like wearing an image and pretending to like it for reputation? You're speaking about two different contexts. You're only making this comparison because you think I'm listening for the "message" when I'm not, and because you assume there are no discernible differences between the track and what it samples, which is false.
>>
>>63734336
It would be interesting if someone made a chart or list of the originals, kind of like a vaporwave version of whosampled.com.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.