[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feminists stopped me from seeing Action Bronson
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 12
>be undergrad
>College Spring Concert coming up
>Program board books Action Bronson to headline on campus
>notbad.jpg
>not a huge fan but better than the artists we usually get and I'll take a free rap concert any day
>all my friends are excited
>Instantly SJWs and feminists pounce on the school's program board for booking a "misogynist who promotes rape and violence against women"
>SJWs make a petition
>Bunch of motherfuckers sign it
>Action Bronson gets removed from the lineup wasting the student deposits we all had to pay to book an artist
>Bronson releases a really heartfelt statement about how his lyrics don't represent who he is as a person

I'm raging hard. How did we get to this? How are college-aged people so dumb that they can't differentiate someone's artistic persona with real life. Now whenever our school wants to bring someone to campus they won't want to come for fear of being torn apart by the all the special snowflakes

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/action-bronson-removed-from-concert-lineup-apologizes-in-open-letter-20160331

tl;dr- I thought I went to school with smart people but they're actually massive tools
>>
I want some Panda Express rn
>>
>>63732596
What is fucking wrong with American colleges?
I might not have a single university on the top 50 in my country but at least I never hear of shit like this.
>>
>>63732596
You should be glad they saved you from that misogynists pig's terrible music

They should be commended
>>
>>63732649
This.
Also tl;dr
>>
>>63732596
Maybe he shouldn't harrass drunk transgender people then post a photo on Twitter calling the person "tranny" and "it"? Just a thought, Original Pablo!
>>
>>63732649

Again, it's not that I was super excited to see him, but if it were Drake or The Weeknd (who you could also call misogynists based on their lyrics) then there would literally be no complaints.

Free expression in art is dying and my generation is killing it.
>>
File: 1459290430654.jpg (71 KB, 450x425) Image search: [Google]
1459290430654.jpg
71 KB, 450x425
>>63732637
This.
Sure, we had our bunch on crazy female shits but they were tamed feminists. They acknowledged their actual privileges from going to paid collage to owning a car and only spoke their shit for real issues against women in the country. Say actual rapes and a lot of misogyny because our 3rd world country does have a massive problem with it not like the US at all.

t.mexico
>>
>>63732637
They don't want to give a voice to people who perform hate crimes? Wow, those fucking college kids how dare they! Fucking PC police!
>>
>>63732824
But both of those artists benefit from having some talent and good looks unlike meme bronson. I understand your point and agree but this situation isn't a good example.
>>
>>63732649
hello
>>
>>63732801
This.

They aren't just mad over his lyrics or persona. He actually harassed someone and said hateful things. That pretty much is a hate crime. You don't get forgiven for harassing someone that easy. No matter who you are. Would you do that to anyone? Do you think any sane healthy person would?
>>
>>63732884
>Ingrid

SWEDEN
YES
>>
>>63732824
>Free expression in art is dying and my generation is killing it.

You're an idiot. Nobody is signing petitions asking him to stop making music. He's perfectly within his rights to express whatever he wants in his songs and the students are perfectly within their rights to petition to not have him perform at their school.

Of course the whole thing is completely silly but let's not blow it out of proportion by calling it an issue of limiting free expression.
>>
>>63732596
Action Bronson is a terrible rapper and the epitome of shitty memerap. You should be thanking them.
>>
>>63732824
>Free expression in art is dying and my generation is killing it.

Pay more attention in class, dummy.

I understand being pissed, I would be if I was a student there but it's not that serious.
>>
>>63732922
I should say they aren't just mad about his lyrics.

Imagine if Tyler the creator did what Bronson did. Fucking field day.
>>
>>63732922

Michael Gira is possibly a rapist and tons of people still love his music.

lrn 2 separate art and artist retard
>>
whenever i look at action bronson i get hungry, is that normal?
>>
>>63733121
That doesn't mean you have to support an artist. I can listen to and enjoy Bronson's music but that doesn't mean that I think he should be supported. Letting someone play a concert is support.
>>
>>63733235

listening to their music is support as well
>>
>>63732596
>GWU

what a fucking surprise
>>
>>63732884
Everyone has a right to free speech you fucking psychopath. Just because you don't agree with what they're saying doesn't mean it should be illegal for them to say it.

How is this not a fascist way of thinking?
>>
>>63732596
>wanting to listen to Action Bronson
>>
>>63733296
Because colleges aren't the governemt you fucking idiot. They're private institutions and they can do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
>>63733296
But not everyone wants to fucking hear it. STFU
>>
>>63732801
Yeah I can overlook the song because of art or whatever but this was pretty fucked up.
>>
>>63732596
>American university
Well there's your problem, it's librard/sjw central
>>
>>63733296
Everyone has the right to express themselves, but that doesn't mean we should give them a platform to speak on.
>>
It should be a crime punishable by death for using derogatory language tbhonest with you. Bigots have no place in this world, especially white ones.

Someone should gut this pig
>>
>>63733296
Fucking PC POLICE!
>>
MURICA
FUCK YEAH
>>
>>63733436
and why not? You'd be OK with giving, let's say, an LGBTQ person a platform to speak on right? I'm sure there are plenty of Christians, Muslims and Jews who would be opposed to that, as it's against their religion. So should they be silenced as well? No, of course not. If you don't want to hear what they have to say, don't listen. It's that simple.
>>
Honestly?
>SJW libtards restrict freedom of speech again
HOLY SHIT THIS IS SOME NEWSWORTHY NEWS I BETTER GO RANT ABOUT IT ON /mu/!
SJWs will be SJWs, they always do this. I don't know why you guys are so shocked
>>
>>63732951
>feminist disagree with something someone says
>they limit him from saying it to other people at a concert they don't have to go to
How is that not limiting free speech?
>>
I hope next time they invite actual good musicians like AJJ so we can get some positive progressive vibes throughout the campus
>>
>>63733475
It doesn't take a genius to distinguish between hateful/harmful speech and other types of speech
>>
>>63733436
>we should let people have free speech but we shouldn't let them give their opinions to a large number of people who choose to go to that event
>>
>>63733493
Their money is being used to pay for the concert, why shouldn't they have a say when it's being used for something they don't like?
>>
>>63733436
Music is, or at least shouldn't be a statement. Rappers aren't literally telling people to go on raping sprees, it's just a hip hop concert

>>63733349
Then don't go to the show
>>
>>63733527
So... What you're saying is that only people that say things YOU agree with should be allowed to say it?
>>
My Uni did the same exact thing with Milo Ywhateverhislastnameis. I had never heard of him so I went to his event and he wasn't even saying anything negative. He made a lot of interesting points and I felt like we (the whole room) were having a decent discussion for the first time on campus, which is how it's supposed to be at University.
>>
>>63732596
I'd be offended too if I had to look at that fat fuck
>>
>>63733571
>everyone is annoying me with their voice
>im the one that has to behave and stay indoors and put my hands over my ears
Learn to behave yourselves you crazy fucks, or just go on tablets.
>>
>>63733614
top kek
>>
>>63732596
fucking hate feminists like this. for equality, I think they're all should get punched in their hairy faces.
>>
File: image.png (52 KB, 566x577) Image search: [Google]
image.png
52 KB, 566x577
>>63733296
You're stupid
>>
>>63733527
if you're a religious person (who follows whatever religion 100%) all things LGBTQ would be considered "harmful speech", anon. What >>63733591 said.
>>
>>63733591
No. I am saying that hateful/harmful speech is objectively notable and that anyone, not matter the opinion should be able to speak their mind as long as their speech isn't hateful/harmful.
>>
>>63733651
This.

If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
>>
>>63732596
underage? please leave this board.
>>
>>63733618
I'm not even quite sure what the fuck you're talking about, but seriously? If there's a show or performance that you and a minority of students don't like it HAS to be canceled? You can't just stay home? How is that fair for everyone else who wanted to go?
>>
>>63733647
LGBT isn't preaching hatred towards anyone else though, they simply want acceptance for themselves, whereas the religious side is trying to restrict the freedom of LGBT people which is objectively harmful.
>>
>>63732637
American Universities are the most Lax compared to Yurope
>>
>>63733641
Yeah, uh, we have a long way to go.
>>
>>63733641
>Muh evil feminists ruined everything again!!!!!!!!! ;'((((((((((

Cry harder baby
>>
>>63733681
use headphones you cucks
>>
>>63733296
lol not "illegal". you seem to be confused about what free speech actually means. His free speech is not being violated, actually the stuents of the school are using THEIR free speech to communicate that they dont want him to perform
>>
>>63733695
I'm in Spain and whenever someone tries to do shit like this they're laughed on.
Granted were almost Africa, but still.
>>
>>63733475
I have no problem with giving all of the people you listed a platform to speak on, as long as what they are saying does not include hate. If the LGBT person is talking about how bad religious people are, they should not get a platform. But if they are talking about acceptance, then I support that. Look at my other two replies too, they say some more stuff that is relevant to what you said.
>>63733532
>strawman
That's not what I said. I said that they can speak freely, but that didn't mean they have the right to be heard or a platform to be provided for them. If they want to spread their ideas they are free to do that, but they shouldn't expect others to give them a place to do it.
>>63733571
I wasn't really talking about rap music or music at all. I was just saying that there is freedom of speech, but that doesn't mean they have the right to be heard or given a place to speak.
>>
>>63732596
Wat school?
>>
>>63733707
What do you mean? Use headphones to listen to music? We're talking about a live show
>>
>>63733685
If a religious person gives a speech about LGBT issues, says nothing hateful, instead only wants to save people who, in their opinion, are sinning or whatever, how is that harmful? It's not.

Very rarely does a respectable religious organization advocate hatred (inb4 Westboro. Nobody respects them)....
>>
>>63733651
You are still doing what I said you're doing. You are limiting people's freedom of speech and their freedom of expression because YOU think it's harmful or hateful. You can call someone a fucking idiot for what they're saying, but you can't just up and be like "You know what? This guy is saying things that I think will offend people! Let's ban him from speaking at a public event to us special snowflakes!"
>>
I go to a major university and find myself becoming more sjw-minded as the years go on, the environment of a campus is strong
>>
>>63733771
I am saying that hateful speech is OBJECTIVE and you seem to be skipping over that point entirely.
>>
>>63732637
I'm Swedish and not even our universities are this bad.
>>
>>63733763
You can still do the headphone thing, its all electronic bleppery bloppery anyway
>>
>>63733764
>instead only wants to save people who, in their opinion, are sinning or whatever,
They don't want to save them whatsoever. They want them to "be straight" or however. If anyone would want to "save them" they'd let lgbt people do as they please and destroy laws that limit their rights.
>Very rarely does a respectable religious organization advocate hatred
They do.
Pretty much all abrahamic religions advocate hatred of anyone different than themselves. I could go to any religious service and hear someone bashing on someone different than them.
>>
>>63733807
It's okay to be "AN EVIL SJW!!!!!!!" as long as you're moderate about it or try too look at things normally.

Seriously.
>>
It's funny how liberals are the now the moralfag conservatives. In the 80s/90s it would have been right wing family.religious groups trying to censor things (see Tipper Gore vs Frank Zappa) but now it's almost exclusively left wing fags.
>>
>>63733751
That is what you said though. A lot of students wanted him on, and a lot of students didn't want him on. So fucking what? He was taken off by people who could CHOOSE, fucking CHOOSE whether or not to go to the concert. There are still people who want him at this event, no matter what he said to some transfags. The people that wanted him gone shouldn't have went to the concert. Simple as that.
>>
>>63733807
It's really pretty toxic. I'm liberal for the most part but active discussion is completely discouraged on college campuses. It's extremely one sided and I've seen "progressives" who act no different from a Nazi. I've seen people get physical, slander and demonize people simply for having a different opinion (on the whole refugee situation, for example). And having textbooks with trigger warnings? That's completely absurd. There are no trigger warnings in real life for heavens sake and all of these students are in for a rude awakening when they step out into the world.
>>
>>63733812
Except it isn't. What someone finds hateful may not be the same thing you or I find hateful
>>
>>63733897
>What someone finds hateful may not be the same thing you or I find hateful
Not that guy but willful ignorance isn't going to help you here.
I'm pretty sure everyone itt knows what's hateful and not hateful.
>>
>>63733436
Right they have the right to say whatever they want but that doesn't mean we'll let them say whatever they want
>>
>>63733839
Different anon here
Doesn't matter if something someone says is hateful, they should still be able to say it wherever they want
>>
>>63733863
i agree cool normal people like us physically harass transexuals and boast about dehumanizing them on twitter with photos and hateful language, and this is something that should be supported with funds and a platform from a private institution even if their students feel unsafe and might threaten an enrollment disaster like Mizzou. FUCKING LIBERALS, GET A LCLUE!
>>
>>63733896
>There are no trigger warnings in real life
Not to burst your bubble but there are trigger warnings in real life.
We have epilepsy warnings, content warnings (for example when you watch a program on television and it's rated mature or something), and even in news when you get graphic images the reporter announces the content.
>>
>>63733948
There "girl" was drunk off her ass and stumbling around so they poured water on it.

It's not like he's gonna be beating up trannies on stage how delusional are you?
>>
>>63733896

This is pretty much it. A lot of us here are History/International Affairs majors so I don't see how someone can demonize an artist for rapping about violence and then read about the Bosnian War or Darfur and write an extensive report on it. We're just sheltering ourselves and it makes us weaker as people.
>>
>>63733930
No. Just no.
My point still stands. If someone says "I don't like gay people" I honestly don't consider that hateful.
also:
>implying that Nazis thought what they were doing was hateful
>>
>>63733941
>Doesn't matter if something someone says is hateful, they should still be able to say it wherever they want
That's alright but if there are consequences or criticism to their hateful speech, then I really don't care about what happens to them.
>>
>>63733974
You're fucking retarded.
>epilepsy warnings
That's a medical diagnosed condition.
> content warnings
Those are to avoid having impressionable kids watching something innappropiate that would leave a strong negative impression on them.

If you're over 18 years old and you need warnings in your media not because of any medical condition like epilepsy or actual, real PTSD, you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>63733974

>comparing a neurological disease to the lyrics of a rap song

I swear to God you people
>>
>>63733974
>we have epilepsy warnings, content warnings
Epilepsy is different from having thin skin. Content warnings are just stupid
>>
>>63734028
>PTSD is having thin skin
nice meme
>>
>>63733873
I have nothing against rap and I never said I disliked Bronson. I wasn't saying I agree with the people who shut it down too. I wasn't talking about music at all. I was just saying that people who preach hate shouldn't be given a platform to speak.
>>
>>63734007
I agree entirely. If someone says something stupid, we should call him out on it. However, I think he should still be able to say it
>>
>>63734010
>If you're over 18 years old and you need warnings in your media not because of any medical condition like epilepsy or actual, real PTSD, you're a fucking retard.
Well it still happens so I don't get on what you're going on about.
We also get trigger warnings in classes and speeches about content.

>>63734017
I'm not comparing it at all. Gain some reading comprehension. They're warnings for epileptic peeps so they don't get seizures.
>>
>>63734050
If you don't have actual PTSD yes it is.
Content warnings are completely pointless to prevent PTSD breakdowns, it's just posturing.
>>
>>63732922
Then don't go to the show if you don't like him?
>>
>>63733978
yeah the tweet clearly signals they crossed the physical boundary to get a laugh out of a transexual, who he doesn't even have enough respect for to dignify with proper nouns. would he have done that if the person wasn't transexual? who knows? who cares? that shit is clearly crossing the line.
>>
>>63734070
Exactly that's I said.
He can say whatever he wants, but if he gets consequences or criticisms to his speech, then I don't care about what happens.
>>
>>63733734
Well, wasnt really meaning you guys, since honestly I don't think I've seen any stories like that coming from there. But Im talking about UK, Germany, Sweden, etc which are absolutely atrocious.
>>
>>63734074
>Well it still happens so I don't get on what you're going on about.
>We also get trigger warnings in classes and speeches about content.
Yes because the education in your country has been hijacked by retarded liberals.
>>
>>63734007
Death grips should be locked up for their hateful speech!!!
>>
>>63734082
Who are you to say that many college students don't suffer from PTSD? Rape is a very common thing and can easily give victims PTSD.
>>
>>63734028
>Content warnings are stupid
Somewhat but they're still needed.
see
>>63734074
>>
File: Beyonce.jpg (6 KB, 192x262) Image search: [Google]
Beyonce.jpg
6 KB, 192x262
>>63733444
underrated af tbqh senpai
>>
>>63734064
Oh, I fucking HATE rap, and I think that Bronson is a fat twat. However, I think he should be given a platform to speak at. Whoever wants to speak their mind should be able to do it if presented with the opportunity.
>>
sorta off topic, but I miss when people could have discussions without resorting to screaming at one another. It's pretty embarrassing seeing grown adults yelling buzzwords instead of having a normal discussion like adults. I mean, how are we going to solve problems if we're just screaming "YOU'RE A RACIST!" or "YOU'RE A KEK!"...
>>
>>63733984
>I don't like gay people
The reason is usually because they're really gay themselves.
>Muh nazis
Stop moving goalposts.
>>
>>63734089
Well we should be laughing at trannies
>>
>>63734112
>rape is common
>>
>>63734107
>Yes because the education in your country has been hijacked by retarded liberals.
+1

>>63734110
I actually like DG.
They aren't very hateful but more angst ridden.
>>
>>63734132
Other people have a right to retract that platform if they disagree with the speech though.

>>63734167
>hurr durr im an idiot
>>
>>63734112
>1 in 5 women are raped meme
I bet you believe in the wage gap too.
>>
>>63734095
Then we agree
>>
my hd just died can yall hook me up with some good progressive artists. i want to start off on the right foot this time.
>>
What ever happened to not going to something instead of protesting it, we are facilitating whiney entitled babies who think they can scream and cry for whatever they want, an endless pathetic victim cycle, they are barely humans and definitely not adults.
>>
>>63734185
Then stop replying to me.
>>
>>63734112
>Who are you to say that many college students don't suffer from PTSD?
You won't suffer PTSD for having sex with someone while drunk and claiming it was rape.
PTSD is something that leaves the person scarred, a person with actual PTSD will still get uncomfortable just by the mention of the subject because it's enough to make him remember the traumatic experience.
Trigger warnings are fucking retarded, are objectively inefficient in actual PTSD cases, and are only there so people can play the victim.
>>
>>63734145
I'm actually gay. I like men.
I can move all the goalposts I want, faggot
>>
>>63734175
>+1
What he said is technically true, though...

On a side note, there's a book you should read called "Who Stole Feminism?" by Christina Hoff Sommers. It's pretty interesting.
>>
>>63732596
>College
That's your problem
College is just critical theory brainwashing
>>
>>63734179
If people disagree then they shouldn't go
also
>strawman
>>
>>63734214
+1
>>
>>63734206
they feel unsafe on a physical level because this clown's harassing people. they don't want this guy and his ilk anywhere near their campus. it's dead simple.
>>
>>63734112
I'm sorry but giving consent to someone and then regretting it the next day is not rape, which is what most college students claim. You can't just claim someone is a rapist because you regret it the next day.
>>
>>63734220
I'd rather have "evil libruls" running education than ultra religious conservatives ruining everything and anything.
>>
>>63734259
>>63734208
le strawman
>>
>>63734190
The show Broad City is good and recently Pitchfork has been at least trying to not be so sexist. they have a lot of women and black people on the site now and not as many whites.
>>
>>63734244
What about the fucking endless amount of rappers convicted on gun charges, you want them and their crew on your campus? You think bronson hasn't learned his lesson? He issued an apology
>>
>>63732637
the media makes it seem more widespread than it is. there are thousands of colleges in the US but you only hear about any of them when something like this happens.

>>63732801
He actually harassed someone? That's messed up, then. I thought he just said transphobic shit, which would make him like 95% of people up to, like, two years ago when mainstream liberals realized that was a bad thing to do.
>>
>>63734266
I'd rather have level headed people in the middle, tb honest with you. Or maybe a mix of left and right.
>>
Ok let's be honest here boys.

The college as an institution can do whatever they want, and Bronson can say whatever he wants.

But ultimately. letting a minority of overlysensitive cucks have power over something like this just shows how weak willed every public institution in the entirety of NA is. Corporations and such are folding left and right to the whims of the SJWs because they want to avoid backlash, that gives the illusion of mass acceptance of SJWs which in turn creates more.

This is a vicious cycle that I wish someone in a high position would talk shit about. Whther it be a corp, a game dev, a director, CEO, figurehead someone.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 262x216) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 262x216
>>63734281
>they have a lot of women and black people on the site now and not as many whites.
>>
>>63732801
Lol and I bet you if you asked all those delusional college kids if they'd prefer some Beatles they'd say yes.

But it's much cooler to ignore the fact that Lennon was a wifebeater and an assaulter
>>
>>63734303
What you mean like the fucking president of the United States? Obama HAS spoken on this. Were you being sarcastic?
>>
You all know that if Action Bronson was black none of those cucks would've ever dared to speak against him right?
>>
>>63734302
>I'd rather have level headed people in the middle, tb honest with you.
That doesn't happen in U.S. politics, unfortunately.
>Or maybe a mix of left and right
Then nothing would get done.
>>
>>63734132
Read my other comments, , I've never been talking about music and I never said I supported anyone.
>>
>>63734331
100% accurate

>>63734327
Spoken AGAINST it not for it.
>>
>>63734303
Corporations aren't people you dumbfuck.
>>
>>63734244
They don't feel unsafe, retard. they feel triggered AKA they feel like they can use this opportunity to remind people that their bad behavior and poor decision making is all a result of someone else and they shouldn't be held accountable for their own actions.

and name a rapper who hasn't made a "sexist" comment. Bronson never had my respect but i have even less for him for his apology. Fuck apologizing to these whiny losers and fuck these colleges for constantly giving in to them.
>>
>>63734351
Obama has spoken against it you dumbfuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZVCbW63lc
>>
>>63734285
action bronson is a bully that targets specific people (in this case, transexuals). that's why those people feel unsafe. generic gun charge rapper probably wouldn't target anyone in particular, that's why nobody feels threatened by them on campus.
>>
>>63734355
Nice bait
>>
>>63734339
Oh, I know. I was just stating my opinion and Bronson as a person but also rap in general.
>>
>>63732922
>say something mean
>HATE CRIME!!!!

Kill yourself tranny.
>>
>>63734281
Good lookin out mang
>>
>>63734316
Well, it's true. And this is a good time to mention how it's only white musicians who get attacked for "misogyny" and stuff. Good example being Sun Kill Moon last year after he called someone a "cocksucker" while Pitchfork will give BNM to black rappers who do nothing but "degrade" women.
>>
>>63733342
>public college
>private
>>
>>63734331
I think he'd still receive a lot of hate. What he said was pretty straight forward...

I do agree, though, that misogyny is way overlooked in hip hop.

I mean, Kanye for example. Everyones favourite. "big booty bitches for everyone" or whatever the lyric is... that's objectifying women no?
>>
>>63734367
Oh please show me how many incidents he's had with a transexual besides the ONE.
>>
>>63734331
>If Action Bronson was black!!!!!!!
No. Stop trying with hypothetical things . Get into the real world.
>Muh cuck
>Everyone is a cuck but me that's why I'm obsessed with the term and the fetish.

>>63734351
Did you not listen to Obama's speech or are you stupid?
>>
File: 1456963776462.jpg (66 KB, 999x1000) Image search: [Google]
1456963776462.jpg
66 KB, 999x1000
They did you a favor desu
>>
>>63734364
>>63734422
Ok fuck off I didn't hear anything about Obama talking about this
>>
>>63734372
Corporations still aren't people.
>>
>>63734402
But you can't criticize black people, don't you understand??
>>
>>63734367
I hope people bully more transsexuals because of this tbqh
>>
>>63734445
Unless that person is Bill Cosby
>>
>>63734356
he physically and verbally victimized a transexual person for being transexual, in a society where transexual people frequently get victimized for being transexual. lmao
>>
>>63734438
Maybe you shouldn't assume things without actually doing research?
>>
>>63734444
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_personhood
>>
>>63734422
>No. Stop trying with hypothetical things . Get into the real world.
Why don't you get into the real world?
Black rappers talking shit about bitches and whores are the norm, no the exception.
>>
>>63733235
>That doesn't mean you have to support an artist. I can listen to and enjoy Bronson's music but that doesn't mean that I think he should be supported

You can't be an artist without being supported. If you enjoy his art you should support him. If you don't enjoy his his art because of personal reasons then you don't have to support him.

By agreeing with this whole premise that artists should be petitioned/protested because they say certain things, you're implicitly condoning censorship of art itself.
>>
>>63734420
Yes let's not jump to conclusions, he only dehumanized a transexual once. He can't be that bad of a guy, surely
>>
>>63734459
Awww someone said something mean to a special snowflake. :'(
>>
>>63734458
Yes once another black person (hannibal burress) calls him out then it is ok, otherwise it is white oppression no matter what
>>
>>63734402
>And this is a good time to mention how it's only white musicians who get attacked for "misogyny" and stuff.
Then maybe they shouldn't be misogynistic?
>Sun Kill Moon
No one cares if that ugly fuck calls anyone a cocksucker.
>Black rappers "degrade" women!!!!!
No. You just hate anyone different than you. Rap is not real life ffs.
Your bait is awful.
>>
>>63734486
Another example of black on black crime
>>
>>63734484
>dehumanized

wake up you fucking idiot, she was wasted and someone from his crew poured water on their head and he took a picture, Oh how dehumanizing! Shit has probably happened to me multiple times
>>
>>63734445
Criticizing someone for their actions or words does not need to apply for their race you racist fuck.
We all know what you're doing.

>>63734486
Wrong.
>>
>>63734470
Yea no, Kayne gets called out all the time. He just got called out at the Grammys. Black rappers are criticized all the time. Look back at people's reaction to gangster rap, they didn't get praised for being black, they got called misogynists.
>>
>>63734493
If you think misogyny is anything but the norm in modern pop rap I'd like to know what you're listening to.
>>
>>63734485
awwww he doesn't get to rap at a private school what happened to free speech T_T
>>
>>63734470
>Black rappers talking shit about bitches and whores are the norm, no the exception.
Yep and I also hear whiter than sour cream rock stars sing about bitches and whores.
Seems like you're the one that needs to get out into the real world.
>>
>>63734520
>Yea no, Kayne gets called out all the time. He just got called out at the Grammys. Black rappers are criticized all the time. Look back at people's reaction to gangster rap, they didn't get praised for being black, they got called misogynists.
Yeah post the last time Kanye was unable to play a concert because of his misoginy.
Fucking retard.
>>
>>63734493
"I got 10 bitches on my dick"

How is that not degrading to women?
>>
>>63734504
What about that white on white crime?>>63734528
>>
>>63734530
>public college
>private
>>
>>63734516
SARCASM
>>
>>63734534
>Yep and I also hear whiter than sour cream rock stars sing about bitches and whores.
Post misogyinistic rock songs of the last decade please.
I want to have a heartly laugh.
>>
>>63734445
I fully understand. My reputation and career is on the line if I get labeled as a racist, or worse, a misogynist.

>>63734459
Yea I know the situation you're talking about but I don't believe any of the "trans" going to that college actually feel fear towards that dude. They probably aren't even the ones fighting for the dumbass petition. These types of things happen all the time now, all over American colleges. I'm not defending Bronson slapping that tranny, which may or may not have been justified, but you're lying to yourself if you believe this ban is justified and you're plain retarded if you think this is any different from the rest of the SJW crap we hear about on a near daily basis.
>>
>>63734555
Race crime is everywhere
>>
>>63734512
Pouring water on a transexual's head for being a transexual, then posting the photo and spitting on their very identity on a public platform is pretty dehumanizing dude.
>>
>>63734540
You were saying that black rappers never get criticized, I provided an example of when they have been. Provide me more than this one example of when a white musician has been forced to cancel a show because of misogyny.
>>
>>63734528
I don't listen to pop rap.

>>63734548
10 bitches on my dick means he pulls a lot of girls.
Talking about 10 imaginary women on his penis doesn't "degrade" women.
Women can do as they please.
>>
i don't feel like explaining why again but basically ur dumb
>>63734591
>You were saying that black rappers never get criticized
I literally never said that not even once you dumb fuck.
I said that if Action Bronson was black no one would've ever dared to try to cancel his concert.
>>
>>63734580
You don't know why he did what he did, you weren't there, he might of even called them a tranny as an insult, it wasn't confirmed whether they were teams or not
>>
>>63734561
Oh okay then.
Sorry about that.
>>
>>63734580
>Pouring water on a transexual's head for being a transexual
He poured water on the head of a guy that was drunk as fuck because he was drunk.
It wasn't even a transexual.
>>
when will people stop being so butthurt about other people's art being "offensive"
>>
>>63734611
You were saying that he was criticized because he was white and that he wouldn't have been if he was black. I was shortening that black artists get criticized too
>>
>>63734493
I'm not even baiting. I have no problem with "misogyny" in rap or music at all. I'm saying that music writers only complain about it when it's a white musician. You can see the evidence yourself if you start looking.

The SKM thing was actually a really eye opening example because unfortunately, yes, a lot of people did care that the white dude told another white dude to suck his cock. The SJWs used it as an example of sexism towards women and rape culture. It was a pretty big deal for a while, and i'm sure you remember the Diiv thing or Dev or whoever the Yugioh dude was from that band.

doesn't matter if you like the music or not.
>>
>>63734598
Okay I get it black men are incapable of being misogynistic and white men are just the worst. Very good thank you for opening my eyes.
>>
>>63734564
>I hate to see you cry, lying there in that position
There's things you need to hear, so turn off your tears and listen

>If you wanna leave, take good care, I hope you make a lot of nice friends out there, but just remember there's a lot of bad and beware.
>>
>>63734644
>You were saying that he was criticized because he was white and that he wouldn't have been if he was black.
No, I said what I said.
Stop backpedaling, post a black rapper getting his concert canceled because of misoginy or shut up.
>>
>>63734637
>when will people stop being so butthurt about other people's art being "offensive"

When college kids stop listening to their cuck professors and grow thicker skin, aka, living in the real world outside of uni for a few years.
>>
>>63734666
>this is now what counts as "misoginy" in the mind of a liberal

Holy shit.
>>
>>63734659
>rapper
>musician
pick one
>>
>>63734637
>Action Bronson's hate towards transgender people is art
>>
>>63734661
You're stupid.
See
>>63734516
>>
>>63734670
Chief keep recently made 3 college girls homeless, think they will stop him from performing at colleges? NOPE
>>
>>63734670
Post more than one example of a white artist getting cancelled for the same reason or your post is a logical fallacy. I'll look up a black artist getting his site cancelled. Give me a sec I'm on my phone.
>>
>>63734459
>victimized
>lmao
When did tumblr start using this site?
>>
>>63734697
>m-muh logical fallacy

top kek
>>
>>63734666
>misogyny undetected
>>
>>63734683
I'm not a liberal.
It's alright to be patronizing and fucking annoying.
>>
>>63734666
Nice satan trips.
>>
>>63734687
I mean, I guess yea except i'm talking about MUSIC sites and publications who report and discuss rap amongst other genres, whether you consider it music or not.
>>
>>63734712
Yea because that's a valid attack against my argument.
And https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://jezebel.com/tyler-the-creator-cancels-australian-tour-after-femini-1723091999&ved=0ahUKEwj5_IbCh-7LAhVK52MKHZBWBxAQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNEUEUjNMEpQ-BG_LAbkPxfpZ20FCg&sig2=hKxE9QqyBOonjfFcLyxoUw
>>
>>63734733
Chill man, it was a joke
>>
>>63734695
Not really the best example because he's not really allowed to do concerts anywhere due to fear of violence. Police won't even let his label do a hologram concert.
>>
>>63734736
>backing off is the same as literally not being allowed to play
>>
>>63734757
Women suck at making jokes, Veronica.
>>
>>63734695
I don't think he made those girls homeless.
>>
>>63734776
They petitioned the government to not let him play
>>
>>63734680
true dat my nigga, and when they stop fapping to buzzfeed and reddit

why don't we have total equality where instead of trying to make everyone feel like a special snowflake everyones just an asshole to each other? It can be like the 90s forever :^)
>>
>>63734791
Then go bitch about it to the government or someone that gives a shit
>>
>>63734776
Also that proves that feminists are willing to fight black rappers
>>
>>63734807
I don't understand how what you said is relevant. I want complaining. I was saying that he didn't just back down. There was intense pressure for him not to play.
>>
>>63734816
>Fight
?¿?¿?¿?
>>
>>63734791
They petitioned the government to cancel his Visa, and oh look at this: http://mashable.com/2015/07/28/tyler-the-creator-australia/?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=webfeeds#Us_RokBsPmqj
>>
>>63734834
Yes they fought to not let him play. They petitioned the government to not let him play.
>>
>>63734816
Well the music journalism writers or whatever you want to call it aren't. Personally I don't think they should and i don't find any issues with most of what's considered "seixst."

My problem is the double standard and obvious anti-white sentiment and pro SJW that is gaining more traction month after month.
>>
>>63734864
Oh okay I almost took it literally as in an epic battle to see who would have won.
That'd be cool to see.
>>
>>63734889
imagine Anita Sarkeesian battling to the death with Tyler
>>
>>63734889
Lol I would pay to see that
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 234x210) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 234x210
It's only because he's white. That's literally the only reason. Rappers like fetty wap and rich honci quantity can get away with degrading women in their songs but once a white guy does it a shitstorm happens. Honestly kill yourselves you hypocrites
>>
>>63734935
Danny Brown even made a girl suck his dick on stage and the liberal media painted HIM as the victim lmao. Liberalism is a fucking mental disorder.
>>
>>63733308
Underrated
>>
>>63734886
That could be true, I don't know though. I don't go on a lot of music news sites. I did find a bunch of stuff on feminist websites about rap being misogynistic while looking for an example of a black rapper being protested.
>>
>>63732922
>offending someone is now a hate crime
>>
>>63733308
>wanting to listen to rap
>>
>>63734935
>>63734960
>people like this exist
>>
>>63734960
I don't think it's being liberal that's the problem, I think it's the special snowflakes just ruining everything like always. I'm a liberal and I hate these SJW fucks
>>
File: pacokek.png (155 KB, 409x330) Image search: [Google]
pacokek.png
155 KB, 409x330
>>63734960
>I was right behind the girl and saw everything it was scaring edit: Okay so this is how it all went down I was near the front row and all night Danny had been going up to the crowd and having random girls touch his dick through his pants. Then this girl in front of me starts flashing him and he goes up to her and grabs her tits. Then all of a sudden gets up close pulls his shirt up a little and she start blowing him. Then I’m behind her and I start getting pushed against her by the crowd shifting. It horrible and i hope you guys will be donating to my future therapy sessions but also i came back with a story. He rapped the entire time during too
>mfw
>>
>>63734960
Can I have a link to that story? I'm genuinely interested in the story.
>>
>>63734988
People like this exist
>>
>>63734995
fucking kek
>>
>>63734935
Whose being hypocritical here? Majority agree that this is only because he's a white rapper, and that only white musicians get criticized for "sexism."

Although a good example was posted about feminists banning Tyler from stupid Australia for sexism (while on tour with A$AP Gayly who i guess has never said something sexist).

I think we can all agree that SJW culture has taken over college campuses and that things like this are becoming an increasing trend. The absolute worst offense a person can do is to be a white man pissing off a feminist.
>>
>>63734636
>He poured water on the head of a guy that was drunk as fuck because he was drunk.
>It wasn't even a transexual.

nah when you use shit like "tranny" and "it" bronson's real intentions don't really matter anymore. it's pure hate and it has no place on a college campus nor anywhere else in the USA.
>>
>>63732596
this happened in my city, OP.

there was a local metal band (they suck) that posted some lyrics to a new song they wrote along with a little explanation on how the song is about the evils of feminism.

this venue that was hosting their release party canceled the show

cue the wave of feminists and cucks jumping in on the comments to the announcement making fun of the band, going on the band's social media pages and attacking them, and trying to sabotage that band's reputation with other venues in the city.

it's crazy and i'm actually terrified that this is how bad it's gotten
>>
>>63735034
>this guy was mean to this drunkard once
>he should be exiled from the country
>>
Most popular music today is about fucking or doing drugs so what's the big fucking deal? If they don't like him can't they just not go to the show instead of being whiny little cunts about everything?

>>63735023
This, everyone's on the "white guilt" bandwagon now when all that does is promote even more racism. Fucking dinguses
>>
>>63734960
You do realize she sucked his dick.
It probably made him uncomfortable.
You're retarded
>>
>>63735042
>cue the wave of feminists and cucks

kekekek they're so fucking autistic, I love how all the cucks think they'll get a gf by supporting feminism then they get all butthurt when people disagree with them
>>
>>63734967
>I don't go on a lot of music news sites.
No shame in that, but you just need to read pitchfork once a day to start to see the trend.

See, a lot of people will say things like "who cares, pitchfork sucks anyway and you shouldn't read that stuff" but that doesn't actually matter because they're still one of the most read music sites. They clearly promote an agenda even though they're supposed to just be reporting news.

It's like people who say that the gamergate shit didn't matter because "it's just video games" but these agendas are prevalent in all media and it's important to understand the amount of BS they inject to the mainstream. It's blatant lies, with the evidence right in front of our faces yet the SJWs tell their version and everyone just goes with it.
>>
>>63735127
it's funny since most feminists are lesbians and/or hate men
>>
>>63734383
>>63734974
Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty confident that he actually assaulted a tranny and posted it on Instagram or something?
>>
>>63735092
>Most popular music today is about fucking or doing drugs so what's the big fucking deal? If they don't like him can't they just not go to the show instead of being whiny little cunts about everything?
Bronson targets specific minorities with his hate and makes those minorities feel unsafe on campus regardless of if they're at the show or not. Trans hate belongs on The Anthony Cumia Show, not on campus.
>>
>>63735114
The way i understood it was she did it without being asked and it did make him uncomfortable but he didn't want to stop the show or push her off and expose himself. you can see the video of the situation but nobody will post it because nobody cares about the truth.
>>
>>63735173
One of his friends poured water over a guy that was drunk as shit.
Bronson uploaded the photo and laughed at him saying it was a drunk tranny (he wasn't a tranny though).
>>
>>63735127
yep, it's cuck after cuck making fun of the way the band dresses, posting shit about being so happy that their shitty fucking release party got canceled, telling them to stop putting women in danger, etc...

it's fucking hilarious because on the band's original comment, they wrote "Anyone who shares a dissenting opinion about feminism is absolutely slaughtered in the media, on the web, at work, at home and in life."

then all these SJWs prove them right
>>
>>63735173
Wasn't a tranny, just a stupid drunk guy
>>
>>63735169
most feminists ARE men...
>>
>>63735173
>“My Mother is Upset. The Picture i posted on Instagram was Distasteful yes, But in no way was i trying to offend anybody from the Gay and Lesbian Community. It wasnt even a Transvestite it just honestly looked like one. I was stupid and i apologize for any hurt caused. In closing I still dont give a fuck what anyone things i love everyone and Blow Me from the Back.”
>>
This is pretty off topic but a few days ago I saw a video of a white guy with dreadlocks getting bitched out by a black girl because he's stealing something from her culture.

These people are so damn hypocritical, they say everyone should be equal and free to express themselves but are quite the opposite.
>>
>>63735220
that's the thing, they don't want equality they want superiority
>>
>>63735189
I haven't heard any of his music so I just assumed they meant it was misogynistic. I guess I can see how they wouldn't want it on campus but they're still whiny little cunts about most things
>>
>>63735220
oh fuck I remember that video, shit like that is making me putting off going to college
>>
>>63735276
All this shit only ever comes from humanity graduates.
STEM majors don't have time for any of this shit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.