[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is the mixing on what you want so bad? it actually hurts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: loveless[1].jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
loveless[1].jpg
13 KB, 300x300
why is the mixing on what you want so bad? it actually hurts my ears. also whats with the non existant bass on certain tracks
>>
>>63730529
youre a tremendous faggpt
>>
>>63730529
Accept it. I understand you and I feel you and I have felt the same but one must accept these things. When you do I think you'll find yourself open to new things. That screech can be blissful if you let go of yourself a bit.
>>
you must have shitty ears
>>
>>63730589
I already love this album, it's nearly flawless it's just I can't get over these small things.
>>
>>63730615
dude, it's a miracle kev got this mess of distortion to sound nice anyway. I might agree with you about the bass on say, Sometimes. That track doesn't live up to the immersion it promises. just kind of a muddle, where it could cut deep. In terms of songwriting, top notch, but sonically, not as developed. Pretty much everything else is perfect tho in terms of production.
>>
u r stupid senpai
>>
>>63730793
Sometimes is actually one of my favorite songs on there and I think the exact opposite of what you just said about it. I think the bass is lacking on tracks like To Here Knows When and When You Sleep
>>
>>63730529
Play it louder, dummy
>>
>>63730529
how do i get into this album how many times do i have to listen to it. it's not clicking
>>
>>63730848
I like how intermittent the bass on To Here Knows When is. Like it's this scraping oscillation of feedback. And then When You Sleep is fine if it's loud. There's a thickening toward the end that is great. I guess it's guitar or maybe it's double stops or overdubs on the bass. I guess with Sometimes my issue isn't the bass but how the distortion doesn't seem to integrate with what to my ears sounds like an acoustic guitar strumming behind it. And I guess I think the bass could be more definite and less amorphous. Maybe my experience has to do with the high frequencies instead. There's a lot of highs that are just cut out. Yeah, it's the highs. No highs on that track.
>>
>>63731240
Do you like The Velvet Underground and Nico? Pet Sounds? Psychocandy?
>>
Do not reply to this thread!
>>
Anyone here listened to Yellow Loveless? It's Loveless covered by various japanese artists. The Boris cover of Sometimes is absolutely fantastic
>>
>>63731519
i thought it was a major shit
>>
>Crowning achievement in the development of a genre

>Waah the mixing bad

Get over yourself.
>>
>>63731383
I love how in the first chorus, when Bilinda sings the third "oooh" part, Kevin's guitar is such a wall of swimming distortion that it actually compresses the backing track for a couple seconds. Gives me chills everytime. Sometimes flaws are what makes a record incredible, OP.
>>
>>63731519
I wasn't a huge fan of yellow, but boris's cover was perfect. It's on gensho too. The song is exactly how I wanted the rest of loveless to sound
>>
>>63730899
underrated post
this album was meant to be played on speakers as loud as possible.
>>
April Fools, OP! We were all pretending to like Loveless.
>>
>>63731383
>>63730848
They didn't use any bass guitar on To Here Knows When, so that is part of the reason. They used this disaster rumbling volcano sound from a BBC sound effect record. I actually have the exact samples, I believe, and was messing around with some of Kevin's techniques on that song.
>>
>>63730529
because it's a bad album, cecelia. people who say are only memeing and seems like you fell for it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.