[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You do realise this is progressive rock and not psychedelic rock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 4638860-1x1-940x940.jpg (27 KB, 940x940) Image search: [Google]
4638860-1x1-940x940.jpg
27 KB, 940x940
Why do people recommend this as one of the essential dude weed lmao albums? When I smoke the ganja I become fucking weird and very unproductive. This album is too coherent, well thought out and "epic" sounding to be enjoyed high. In one ear and out the other.
>>
It's both you dolt.
>>
>>63729551
DSOTM is just pop with nice guitar tone, not even prog.
>>
>>63729551
Animals is better anyway
>>
Weed wasn't as strong back in the day and people thought that all stoners wanted were spacy vibes. Now that THC has risen, it is clear that the stoned desire more.
>>
>>63729606
eh, I'd maybe argue otherwise
>>
>>63729607
Haha I gotta relisten to that shit
>>63729626
makes me think that pink floyd were even weirder in their early stuff. What do you think made them change?
>>
>>63729551
>This album is too coherent, well thought out and "epic" sounding to be enjoyed high.
>ive smoked weed twice guys, trust me on this
i enjoy this album stoned and not stoned. how can you know what other people enjoy listening to while on drugs? you do understand that its a very individual thing, right? or do i only think im enjoying it when in fact im not?

also are you saying that psychedelia is all about "dude weed lmao"? weed is at most a mild psychedelic.
>>
>>63729606
fuck off /mu/
>>
>>63729606
but how has it gotten this reputation for being a must listen while on psys? I've tried it on several substances and it's boring as fuck on all of them.
>>
>>63731617
because you've been brainwashed into loving edgy avant-teen trash
>>
>>63731715
not really, sabbath are more psy friendly for me
>>
If you're stoned enough, then your senses get heightened and you sort of overload on stimuli, making you just want to lie back and be completely passive. In that scenario, DSOTM is a nice listen because it has a high level of sonic detail, while still being fairly spaced out and not too lyrical. I'm a big Kendrick fan but I can't properly enjoy TPAB for instance when I'm high because it feels like a chore to process the lyrical complexity and fast flow.

Of course, most people, don't ever really get high enough to feel all that. It takes me a fair amount of good weed, preferably smoked from a bong or a joint to get to that point (or mixing with a healthy amount of alcohol). Also, most hallucinogenic drugs have stimulant effects, so (at least for me) they don't really make you want to sit in a chair and passively listen to music. When I'm on LSD, for instance, I always feel a need to be occupying my hands and eyes, so I might put on music in the background (probably fast electronic shit) but then also turn on some flashing LED strips and maybe play with a Rubiks cube.

tl;dr DSOTM can be enjoyed when you're high, but you need to be really, properly high and also in a state of mind such that you can focus on the music.
>>
>>63729551
It's neither you fool
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.