[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hadn't really listened to Radiohead but just listened to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 300x300
Hadn't really listened to Radiohead but just listened to pic related and it was fucking amazing.

What's the best Radiohead album in the opinion of /mu/?
>>
That album is very underrated. My favorite is Kid A
>>
>>63728621
OK computer>Kid A>In Rainbows>Amnesiac>Hail to the Thief>The Bends>The King of Limbs>Pablo Honey
>>
OKC
>>
either Amnesiac or Kid A, desu.
>>
>>63728621

That one, in my opinion.
>>
ok computer is probably the best, Kid A could be considered better though depending on your music taste. Kid A is much more experimental and electronic, while Ok computer is more of a progressive alt rock sound
>>
Some albums are good as a whole but don't really have song that stand out. Some have really good songs but also some meh ones.

You can pretty much listen to everything, just avoid TKOL and, of course, Pablo honey, maybe also the bends.

My fav is In rainbows.
>>
My favorite is Amnesiac. Something about that last track...

In Rainbows is a close second
>>
>>63728621
Here's my ranking:
Kid A
In Rainbows
Amnesiac
Hail to the Thief
OKC
TKOL
The Bends
Pablo Honey
>>
Kid A > TKOL > Amnesiac > HTTT > In Rainbows > OK Computer > The Bends > Pablo Honey
>>
>>63730309
I don't agree with skipping The Bends.
>>
My opinion:

>OK Computer and Amnesiac tied
>Kid A
>In Rainbows
>The Bends
>The King of Limbs
>Hail to the Thief
>Pablo Honey

I constantly flip between OKC and Amnesiac. Amnesiac is the most interesting sonically, but OKC is a very finely crafted album, and has brilliant songwriting.

Kid A is great but I feel it's a bit overrated at this point. A lot of people name it as their favourite so they can pose as lovers of "experimental" music, even though it's not even Radiohead's most "experimental" album.

The Bends is unfairly bashed on /mu/, and even in a lot of Radiohead fan communities. It still ranks among the very best rock records of the 90s.

I actually enjoy Pablo Honey. It sounds young and nostalgic. And Creep isn't even the best song on it.
>>
File: 1458861228472.png (121 KB, 490x360) Image search: [Google]
1458861228472.png
121 KB, 490x360
Kid A>The King of Limbs=In Rainbows>OK Computer>The Bends>Amnesiac>>>>>>>Pablo Honey=Hail To The Thief

Fight Me
>>
>>63731209
why don't you like HTTT?
>>
>>63731275
That and Pablo Honey are just really boring to me. HTTT is the longest album by them and I can just never seem to get through it. And if I do it's boring and forgettable.
>>
In my personal opinion, actually HTTT. That said, I'd probably say Kid A is their most interesting achievement.
>>
>>63730309
>>63728621
Don't skip anything OP, just listen to everything and interpret it for yourself. Obviously Pam has a point that those albums are not as good as the others but give them a try. I ignored Pablo Honey for so long and found out that there actually are some pretty good parts of that album. And no, not just Creep. Same applies to TKOL.
>>
>>63730309
Don't listen to this retard. Listen to everything you can come back to Pablo Honey and TKOL once you've heard the essentials.
>>
>>63731483

I don't see much wrong with TKOL, especially if one's never heard krautrock before. By that genre's standards, it's pretty digestible and catchy.

>>63731399

I adore HTTT but I can see how it can lose someone. I think it's great on a song to song basis and it has a dreary ambience all its own but the tracklisting didn't receive the attention it should've and it shows.
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 752x1063
In Rainbows>Ok Computer>Kid A>The Bends>Hail To The Thief>Amnesiac>Pablo Honey. There was a loose CD at a guitar shop that I jacked like 15 years ago that was just their B sides and it was sequenced amazingly and if it was an album it'd be in the top 3
>>
>>63731533

Oops I forgot King of Limbs existed, I'd probably out it after Amnesiac, even though I love a lot of songs as an album I think there's a lot of dead weight. Same with Pablo. You, Thinking About You, Ripcord, and Blow Out especially are some of my favorite Radiohead songs, my list was strictly albums as sequenced for album's sake. A Radiohead SONG top 20 however would be very diverse album wise
>>
OK Computer honey let me show you how we dance like we in France familia
>>
>>63731871
Melinda the only good song on PH is Blow Out that's the objective truth
>>
File: IMG-20160327-WA0014.jpg (29 KB, 570x505) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160327-WA0014.jpg
29 KB, 570x505
>so many people shitting on tkol
Its their best, relaxed and intense at the same time, crazy percussion immersive atmosphere, every song a rare gem
>>
>>63731918
It's a grower with crazy grooves and rhythm, which is kinda rare and I think is the reason not everyone gets it.
Even half of the people that say they get it say they like the second half more and that Little By Little and Feral are autoskips.
>>
>THE RAINDROPS THE RAINDROPS THE RAINDROPS THE RAINDROPS THE RAINDROPS THE RAINDROPS THE RAINDROPS
you get the point
>>
>>63731143
the reason the bends ranks so low for most people here is that they're too young and not British
>>
>>63731483
OP here, listened to some of TKOL. Really like 'Codex' and 'Give Up the Ghost'
>>
>>63732342
One of the ways to really get into TKOL is watching the Basement session of it, it's not as sampley as the studio version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO4PiOReZt4

Also the same for In Rainbows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUbqNxcU8cY
>>
>>63731911

PH has plenty of passable songs. I quite like You, Creep, Thinking About You, and Blow Out for what they are. That said, it's a clear cut below every other RH album. Shit might as well have been done under the On A Friday moniker.

>>63732178

The Bends is a great record that has the misfortune of sharing a room with several greater still records. That's all there is to that. The Bends does nothing wrong, they just got better than even that.
>>
>>63728621
2+2=5, We Suck Young Blood and Wolf are DAMN good.
>>
>>63728621
GR8 album. enjoy it while you can chap. just know that one day you will stop listening
>>
>>63732590

WSYB is usually one of the more shat on songs alongside Punchup. Not everyday you see someone stick up for it. I always thought its mixed reception was a bit undeserved. It's a bit heavy on the "gothic dirge" vibe for it to fit snuggly with other RH songs but that's actually what I like about it.
>>
File: ok_computer.jpg (153 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
ok_computer.jpg
153 KB, 953x953
Ok Computer=Kid A>The Bends>In Rainbows>Hail to the Thief=Amnesiac>King of Limbs>Pablo Honey
>>
>>63728668
Correct
>>
>>63732706
but I don't wanna be Lucille Shields
>>
>>63732816

You're Kevin's little known sister.
>>
don't listen to the people that talk shit about The Bends, it's one of Radiohead's masterpieces
>>
amnesiac by far
>>
>>63731559
Yeah they really just kind of put songs together for HTTT. Seems like a B-side to an already B-side (Amnesiac)
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 431x450
>>63728621
In rainbows is my favorite ok computer is a very close second
>>
>>63732706
Kid A is a great record but it's not as coherent as OK computer imo
>>
>>63733066

I don't think of either album as B-sides. Amnesiac's a refinement of Kid A as it took that album's left turn away from alternative rock and brought it back more into that territory. I actually consider that album to be where Radiohead found their sound. The first 3 albums moved one way, Kid A overshot it a little, and Amnesiac brought it back to earth. HTTT and In Rainbows then proceeded to refine Amnesiac's sound to an increasingly perfect luster, though HTTT suffered from a fast creative process and haphazard tracklisting. Song for song I think it's an improvement on Amnesiac.
>>
>>63733094
same
>>
>>63732117
whoa this is my actual name, wtf
>>
Hail>amnesiac>okpc>rainbow>kida>king
>>
>>63733384

You're not fooling anyone, Dan.
>>
>>63733205
Amnesiac has slowly been played more for me desu senpai. Guess it's time to give HTTT some listening love. I do think In Rainbows is their best sounding album as you said. It established their sound so well it's immediately what I think of when mentioning Radiohead.

Their strength is easily the building up of sounds with the layering of Thom's voice. The 2nd half of Bodysnatchers and Weird Fishes show just that. Those are also probably my favorite Radiohead songs.
>>
We got le trolled xD by ebin facebook meme page admin

He even changed the post count to appear even more ebin !!!
>>
File: 082.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
082.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>63733719
It's almost like we had a discussion regardless of this.

Jesus kid
>>
>>63733719
Wow
Now that's cancer
>>
>>63733719
le lole
>>
>>63730803
Swap HTTT and OKC and that's my list
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.