[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I feel like you can only listen to a Queens of the Stone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
>I feel like you can only listen to a Queens of the Stone Age song once before you get bored
>Marilyn Manson's new album is AMAZING
>Tegan & Sara was the worst concert I've ever seen; they have no stage presence
>Death Grips is insufferable; it just sounds like an autistic black guy yelling
>Fall Out Boy live was insane
>I love death metal like Job For a Cowboy
>Grimes isn't good anymore; she sounds so mainstream
>The Killers are sooo good
> Justin Timberlake is a genuinely talented pop star
>Vocaloid is fucking amazing
>Don't talk shit about Alexisonfire/BFMV/Hollywood Undead/Breaking Benjamin/Disturbed/A7X/Papa Roach
>I love post-rock like Sigur Ros
>says Nickelback are gross
>Theory of a Deadman are so good
>The Beatles fucking sucked
>Joy Division influenced more music than The Bealtes
>I love black metal like Cradle of Filth
Why do I even speak to my coworkers about music when they obviously know jackshit?
>>
grow up
>>
>>63724935
>>
>>63724902
Well nickelback ARE gross
>>
>>63724902
Not one of these things has ever actually been said by anybody.
>>
>>63724902
These are all correct though
>>
i'd kill to have a coworker that knew about sigur ros lol
>>
you don't have a job
>>
>>63725442
Not quite
>>Grimes isn't good anymore; she sounds so mainstream
She was never good, I don't care if Visions was less accessible than Art Angels, that whispery chipmunk-voice bullshit.
>>
FACT: Burial makes beats
>>
>>63724902
>>I love death metal like Job For a Cowboy
unless you're speaking about the last album, JFaC is deathcore
>>
>>63725555
I kinda liked Visions, it seemed like an agressively corney play on early Madonna with interesting synth parts and strong melodies, although I haven't listened to it much since 2013-2014, so who knows. Her new stuff is generic dogshit, no real character left, and terrible songwriting on top of that
>>
>>63724902
Do you actually know people who says these things or are you just making shit up?
>>
>>63724993
It's definitely fashionable to hate Nickelback just because these days. However, this album gives me a much better reason to dislike them - they suck. I'm not ashamed to admit I really liked a lot of their older stuff - even All The Right Reasons had some quality stuff on it. But here they really lost their way. For a start, I don't think there is a single lyric on this album that isn't cringeworthy or outragesously unimaginative. The band have lost all their genuine rawness and attack, as has Chad Kroeger's voice. "Something in Your Mouth", despite being about the oh-so-controversial and shocking topic of blowjobs, does have a decent groove to it, in a very strip-club oreintated way, but is nearly utterly ruined by Chad's pseudo-rap. And then it only goes downhill. "Burn it to the Ground" and "S.E.X." try to ignite the energy of older material, but they just don't have the riffs or the songwriting - they sound incredibly half-arsed. "Just to Get High" also hints at the mid-tempo, "serious" songs that Nickelback used to be pretty good at, but it's just all a bit contrived. And basically, aside from those songs, the rest of the album comprises of GOD-AWFUL BALLADS. "I'd Come for You" is ironically NOT about sex, and is just insufferable, with "If Today was Your Last Day" not being much better. Then "This Afternoon" offers a final hope of feeling that "It's not so bad! Let's just chill out and have a beer - Nickelback aren't THAT bad!", with its acoustic, chilling party vibe. But no. Hearing the band chatting and laughing over most of the song, and Chad telling me all about how they'll be drinking til 6am and how they totally defy their landlord doesn't make me want to "hang out" with them, it just makes me want to hit them all in their stupid faces. Sorry Nickelback, I think you should be quiet now.
>>
the killers are ok
>>
>>63724902
>I feel like you can only listen to a Queens of the Stone Age song once before you get bored
no
>Marilyn Manson's new album is AMAZING
no
>Tegan & Sara was the worst concert I've ever seen; they have no stage presence
no
>Death Grips is insufferable
yea
no
>I love death metal like Job For a Cowboy
no
no
>The Killers are sooo good
yea
> Justin Timberlake is a genuinely talented pop star
yea
>Vocaloid is fucking amazing
no
>Don't talk shit about Alexisonfire/BFMV/Hollywood Undead/Breaking Benjamin/Disturbed/A7X/Papa Roach
no
>I love post-rock like Sigur Ros
yea
yea
>Theory of a Deadman are so good
no
no
no
>I love black metal like Cradle of Filth
no
>>
>>63724902

When you talk to your co-workers, Don't bore them with your opinions about music. You'll have a relationship as a socially inept asshole before long, if you haven't already.
>>
>>63724902

Back when I was working as an A&R for Warner, I had to attend a few Fall Out Boy concerts. You think they're hitting all those notes and chords running around stage and jumping off amps? Basically what happens is, there are musicians just off stage playing all the guitar and bass parts, while they just jump around like faggots with unplugged instruments pretending to play.
>>
>>63725496
my line manager at work listens almost exclusively to post rock
>>
>>63725442
Joy Division only influenced a handful of post-punk groups. And their music was awful too. At least the Beatles were bearable
>>
>>63724902
>>I love post-rock like Sigur Ros
( ) is a better album than most 3rd wave garbage and whatever forgotten early 90s Neu-ripoff bands the /daily/ threads are shitting themselves over this week
>>
Your opinion is shit
>>
>Kanye is all hype, no substance.
>Synth-Pop is the GOAT genre of music.
>I've seen Sunn O))) live and I can honestly say it was the 2nd best non-local gig I've ever attended.
>DJ Shadow should be fucking ashamed of himself with the direction he took The Outsider.
>Beyonce is overrated.
>Chuck Schuldiner going all Prog-Rock affected Death negatively and should've been done via a different outlet.
>Wu-Tang should've called it quits after 36 Chambers.
>Eagles of Death Metal are the drizzling fucking shits live and I think they know it.
>The Melvins deserve more recognition.
>Trent Reznor will never make a good NIN record again.
>Kate Bush is the world's greatest musical genius.
>Layne Staley dying was a bigger loss than Kurt Cobain.
>Fear Factory should be a studio-only band.
>I enjoy Katy Perry and can't figure out why.
>Ghost would be nowhere near as popular if they didn't have their "spooky undead Vatican church" gimmick, however the music would probably be a bit better.
>Billy Corgan is a whinny bitch who doesn't seem to get that music left him behind in 1996.
>Korn are the undisputed gods of Pop Metal.
>If you cop shit for listening to Metal and don't dish it back, you're a pushover.
>The Body's "No One Deserves Happiness" is the best album released this year so far.
>I would've killed myself too if I was Ian Curtis.
>>
>>63730380
>Kanye is all hype, no substance
>Beyonce is overrated
>Eagles of Death Metal are the drizzling fucking shits live and I think they know it
>The Melvins deserve more recognition.
>Ghost would be nowhere near as popular if they didn't have their "spooky undead Vatican church" gimmick
These are all true you fuck
>>
>Steam Powered Giraffe are fantastic performers and good song writers
>Nickelback have released some pretty good tracks
>Swans is music made by upper middle class white kids that want to prove something for upper middle class white kids who want to prove something
im not really that edgy lel
>>
at least people at your workplace know who these acts are
>>
>>63725397
I've seen all of them on /mu/ at some point kek.
>>
>>63730448
desu I missed the point of the thread because it's 2 in the morning where I live. Enjoy my shitty opinions, senpai.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.