[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of the best dubstep albums out there, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: John F. Kennedy.png (2 MB, 863x1275) Image search: [Google]
John F. Kennedy.png
2 MB, 863x1275
What are some of the best dubstep albums out there, /mu/?
>>
>>63724422
I like Daft Punk's Discovery, but Passion Pit's Manners is pretty good too.
>>
>>63724467
Discovery isn't dubstep tho.
>>
>>63724567
What is it?
>>
>>63724577
dance pop
>>
Skream - Skream!
Horsepower Productions - In Fine Style

That's all you need
>>
Distance - My Demon's and

>>63724606

every other album is usually shit
>>
>>63724594
Oh. Then what is Calvin Harris?
>>
>>63724695
I've never listened to Calvin Harris
>>
>>63724725
I'm pretty sure most of his stuff is dubstep?
I not too sure. I like it.
My son doesn't though. He says I'm weird and shouldn't listen to stuff kids are listening to.
>>
Don't know if you can call it Dubstep since it's more like Drumstep but still have a look at Gipsy Thug by Spag Heddy
>>
I do not know what kind of dubstep are you looking for. I really recommend a guy called Proxima (recently started making drum and bass with his cousin) for a dark techy sound. Similar sound you can also found with Ivy Lab.

If you are looking for the energetic Skrillex-like dubstep, I would recommend Evilwave, Omega Mode or Spag Heddy.

Also, it seems to me that album is not the main medium in this genre. Most good music is released on singles and EPs. The only full length album I can recommend is 20/20 by Ivy Lab
>>
>>63724890
One more thing, a lot of primarily drum and bass artists release great dubtep tracks from time to time. E.g. Noisia, Mefjus or Icicle.

Try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pKhly_VoCY
>>
>>63724678
>every other album is usually shit
Kode9 sure is awful.
Mala is terrible too, huh?

/mu/ is clueless like always.

>>63724606
>Horsepower Productions - In Fine Style
Not dubstep, you clown.
>>
>>63724745
pop house
>>
>>63724998
Kode9 and Burial. I feel like shit now for forgetting to mention them.
>>
everything from shackletons label skull disco is dubstep gold.
Gantz is a consistently talented dubstep artist with a unique nightmarish vibe, I would recommend checking out his soundcloud to get a little taste.
You can't really go wrong with any of the releases on Deep Medi Music, and most of the artists who have released stuff on that label will lead you to more great dubstep artists.
>>
>>63724998
op asked for albums you dumb nigger.
>>
>>63724745
Anon, what the fuck are you doing? Convert your son to patricianism already.
>>
>>63725058
>Burial
Who even cares.
>>
>>63725383
Memories of the Future is an album.
Return II Space technically is an album.

/mu/ is clueless like always.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.