[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people think "The Wall" isn't a good Pink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 210x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 210x215
(Please note that this is my personal opinion. That being said, please read this with an open mind.)
/mu/tants that are Pink Floyd fans, why do many people think that "The Wall" is a bad album? Don't get me wrong, many PF listeners appreciate all of the albums, but I feel like "The Wall" is one of the more under-appreciated albums. I thought it was a very good way to share how drugs and fame can lead to the downfall of a musician. I also believe that the movie was a good way of combining life to the music. We can interpret the music with the animation and the actors quite well, and I think many people can share the same feelings that Pink had as he continued into his spiral.
>>
most people love the wall, just not on here because we are all contrarian faggots
>>
I only like 6 songs from that album desu but I wouldnt call the rest of the songs bad or terrible I just cant get into them.
>>
The walls a nice album, just not as good as some of their other albums
>>
Because the storyline is so cynical and pessimistic.
>>
It's melodramatic cheesy prog rock. It's so over the top. The movie does the camp better than the album

Syd was the only PF member whose creativity was present alongside his talent. Everyone else were just skilled worker bees.
>>
It's just really bland and pretentious pop rock album.
>>
it's good there's just too many times where the rest of the band leaves because roger waters is just masturbating and screaming into the microphone because they were too tired of his shit to ask him to stop
>>
I like melancholic Floyd, not bitter and edgy floyd
>>
it was a sudden shift in the sound of PF that didn't fit the progression that their albums had been going through. like, suddenly this dope band that had exploratory long songs and weird big picture concepts just opted to make a musical that was musically super straightforward.
>>
>>63710391
Thought that was Scooter as i first scrolled past this worthless thread.
>>
>>63710391
I think it's a good album. I don't think it's aged particularly well. It comes off as long winded and bombastic nowadays. Not Pink Floyd's best...or their worst.
>>
>>63711238
^ How to spot someone who's never listened to the album.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.