[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just..I don't get it. What makes it a masterpiece? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: twin infinitives.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
twin infinitives.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
I just..I don't get it. What makes it a masterpiece? What makes it a 9/10? What makes it the EIGHTH greatest album of ALL time?? The only song I kind of like is Jet Pet--kind of. And what's with the ten seconds of silence inbetween every track, what's the point of that??

Can someone explain to me what makes this album so acclaimed?
>>
it's not. i've never heard of it and it sounds like a piece of shit from what you say. so now i'll never listen to it
>>
its not acclaimed only crazy legs likes it

its actually shit
>>
I think it's kind of fun getting lost in, and it's less annoying than TMR imo. I can see why people wouldn't like it though.
>>
>eighth greatest album of all time
According to whom?
Never heard of this bollocks.
>>
>>63703846
Scaruffi
>>
>>63703805

>its not acclaimed

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/royal_trux/twin_infinitives/

>3.40/5.00 from 1,000+ ratings

>>63703846

http://www.scaruffi.com/music/best100.html
>>
This is probably one of the most alienating albums ever made.
>>
go listen to sweet sixteen, accelerator & veterans of disorder (in that order) then go back to it & keep repeating this process until you enjoy it. dont listen to any other music in this period.
>>
I don't really like it, though I can still see the appeal. Ape Oven is pretty good though
>>
>>63703787
>...I kind of like....Jet

stopped reading there
>>
>>63704070
>3.40

would you say pablo is acclaimed too?
>>
DUDE HEROIN LMAO
>>
>>63706066

Yeah, it obviously is. Acclaimed =/= good, it just means the majority of people who heard it liked it.
>>
I listened to it for the first time a few days ago and the only song I liked was the closer. People keep comparing this to TMR, I only listened to a few songs from that album but I liked them much more than anything on Twin Infinitives. Reading Scruffy's review of the album made me want to listen to it again, maybe I'll give it another listen.

>>63706075
>"I keep reading that it was recorded during drug orgies in San Francisco and I get a little annoyed by this. Yes, we were into drugs. But that was the problem, that's why it took so long to put it together. All the music was written and played when we were sober. Unfortunately, that wasn't very often. It took us five times as long to organize it. But the truth is that playing and writing was done during the moments of lucidity. We were caught into a thing where people knew we were in drugs and that was our cult status. That was the impression that people had of us and we couldn't escape from it. The truth is that our songwriting had nothing to do with drugs. We simply wanted to push rock and rolll songwriting as far as we could go. It was still rock and roll but people wouldn't see it that way. It was a sincerely anti-authoritarian, class-hatred and so forth statement.
http://www.scaruffi.com/interv/trux.html
>>
>>63706161
your bar for acclaimed is far too low. it may be well-recieved but acclaimed implies some serious recognition
>>
File: acclaim.png (14 KB, 580x327) Image search: [Google]
acclaim.png
14 KB, 580x327
>>63706191
>>
>>63706066
I thought you were talking about Pablo honey so I looked it up to make fun of you, now I realize I'm the fool.
>>
Fuck any album with long durations of nothing but silence, especially on an album like this. This shit scares the hell out of me.
>>
>>63703787
It's a glorious mess and should be approached as such, as you would a Harry Pussy or Merzbow record.
>>
>>63706220
is that really praise enthusiastically? it's not even a 7. you can say scaruffi praises it since its in his top 100 but not rym.
>>
For the people who "get it", do you actually enjoy it in a musical sense, or is it more like appreciating a painting? I just can't imagine ever reaching a point where every once in a while I'd be like "Hm, I think today I'm in the mood for Twin Infinitives, let me throw that on and get comfy."
>>
>>63708685
FUCK OF

THERES NOTHING TOO GET

ITS JUST A SHIT ALBUM

STOP POSTING BOUT IT

DONT EVEN ACNOLEDGE ITS EXISTENCE OFF DIS GARBAGE

FUCK U
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.