[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is she the epitome of avantpop? shes the qtess desu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 3c45ab6fad8b6b88-Grimes5.jpg (580 KB, 1066x1600) Image search: [Google]
3c45ab6fad8b6b88-Grimes5.jpg
580 KB, 1066x1600
is she the epitome of avantpop? shes the qtess desu
>>
Kill yourself
>>
No

Fuck you
>>
>>63694069
>>63694058
dont be mean to the queen of experimental pop
>>
What exactly is she doing that hasn't been done before?
I haven't listened to her music, what's so "avantgarde" about it?
>>
>>63694046
nothing avant about it
>>
Grimes fans are all cancer
>>
>>63694109
Grimes will never love you

off yourself
>>
>>63694046
>epitome of avantpop
I don't see Kate Bush or Björk anywhere.
>>
>>63694196
Nothing sounds like Visions, Halfaxa, Geidi Primes, Darkbloom. It's pretty avantgarde pop.
>>
>>63694338
Kate Bush is pretty tame to be avantpop. Bjork, yes.
>>
>>63694569
nah, tons of vaguely minimalist electronic sounds like it (but better usually, grimes is largely needless in a lot of her execution) Her stuff isn't that unique
>>
>>63694814
Some examples? I never heard something like her music yet tbch.
>>
>>63694569
yet art angels is just like every other pop album just with 'le grimes edginess'
>>
>>63694322
you're right
but i can still dream
>>
what the fuck nothing about grimes is avant
its just darkwave influenced synthpop
is this what not listening to music other than artists you already know does to you?
>>
>>63695354
Every other pop album is NOT like Art Angels. Really, listen to AA and a random pop album one after another and see if they're similar...
>>
>>63694569
Even if thought album are original she still sounds fucking stupid
>>
dont be mean to the queen of avant goth synth pop
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.