[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the real genius of this album is the last 3 tracks right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: remaininlight.jpg (31 KB, 480x479) Image search: [Google]
remaininlight.jpg
31 KB, 480x479
So the real genius of this album is the last 3 tracks right? They lyrics are less stream of conscious and you can't actually analyze them. Nobody can really tell what he is talking about in the first three songs anyways. I'M A TUMBLER! I'M A GOVERNMENT MAN! People complain that it losses steam and just gets to slow. I think they are plebs for saying that desu
>>
File: rill.jpg (90 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
rill.jpg
90 KB, 500x500
>>63690902
>it's a meme album
>>
Seen and not Seen is one of the weakest songs on the album. So, no, you're wrong
>>
It's very well paced at the beginning and end and the poster above me is pleb af for not liking Seen and Not Seen
However Great Curve is kind of boring and Once in a Lifetime feels out of place on the album, I'd say the middle is really the weakest part of the album
>>
>>63690902
The genius of this album is the afrobeat-post-punk fusion
>>
File: 1450727513889.jpg (68 KB, 927x497) Image search: [Google]
1450727513889.jpg
68 KB, 927x497
>>63691836
>Great Curve is kind of boring

A track with a chanting chorus, shifting drum textures, an atonal noise solo from one of the most under-appreciated guitarists in rock, and a fantastic horn section with syncopated dynamics is far from boring.
>>
The only two songs I even give a shit about on this album anymore are Seen and Not Seen and Houses in Motion. The first 3 tracks are unpleasant to listen to at this point. IDK what it is man but this thing has aged like milk for me.
>>
AH!
>>
>>63692130
im a tumblr
>>
File: a3a.png (215 KB, 548x344) Image search: [Google]
a3a.png
215 KB, 548x344
>>63692048
>>63691836
>>
>not liking Seen and Not Seen

This board has become a joke. Tripfags I could handle. Poseurcore I could handle. Kanye/Young Thug/country spam I could handle. Even k-pop and waifufags I can tolerate.

But this is the straw that broke the camels back. Neo-/mu/ doesn't know shit about music.
>>
>>63691836
Great curve is the best track, friend.
>>
>>63692216
Fuck off, I did like the album at one point. After 6 years or so it just lost its value, there's no reason for me to really replay it at this point.
>>
best /mu/core album

official objective song ranking

born under punches
1ce in a lifetime
seen and not seen
crosseyed and painless
houses in motion
listening wind
gr8 curve

oh w8 theres dis track called the overload 2 lol

if the outtakes wouldve bn released ass an ep @ the time it would b a goat ep ass well
>>
>>63691264
jesus sometimes i seriously can't believe this place
>>
>>63691971
i wouldn't fault anyone for finding it boring, it's as repetitive as most of the album, but longer. i like it but dude, come on, I like the album but it's not insanely interesting
>>
The Overload was apparently written to sound like Joy Division but none of the members had actually heard their music before, only read reviews.
>>
>>63695270
makes sense, kinda. joy division is p boring but i feel like the music is probably considered to sound kinda bleak like the overload does.
>>
always found it strange people like the great curve so much. feels like so little ground is covered in nearly 7 long minutes.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.