[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pedals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: pedal_board_11132010_950.jpg (536 KB, 950x508) Image search: [Google]
pedal_board_11132010_950.jpg
536 KB, 950x508
Getting my first pedal, Im looking for a good delay pedal and maybe a reverb pedal for my synths and guitar, I would use them to make weird experimental maybe ambient noises, what should i get?
>>
The danelectro FAB series is really good. I got a decent chorus pedal that does everything I want it was only around $15 at guitar center.
>>
>>63689135
You'll want an analog delay for that sweet self-oscillation. If you're feeling experimental you can open it up and tweak the internal trim pots. Depends on your budget but an MXR Carbon Copy would be a good call. If you're feeling cheap, JOYO and Biyang make cheap but useable pedals. Then you've got your Electro Harmonix Memory Man/Memory Boy delays which are decent.
>>
Rainbow Machine.

Or Zoom G5. Analog is not longer superior in this day and age.
>>
my first delay was a boss DD-7, it works pretty well for all intents and purposes
also the hold feature is really nice if you just want to work on a simple melody
and yeah, i know
>Boss
>>
>>63689135
Make you own with parts from 70's and 80's children's toys. It'll give you that vintage "warmth" you've been looking for
>>
I'm also looking to get a delay and a pitch shifter to make some experimental noise rock. I want to get 2 delay pedals so i don't want to spend a ton on each pedal. Does anyone know if the Boss dd7 and ps6 are good?
What are some other pedals that will get me some weird/noisy tones? I feel like some sort of whammy could be cool but im not sure which one and it seems like the Boss ps6 might satisfy that need, idk.
>>
>>63690785
i have both the dd7 and ps6 and i like them both well enough
the only thing i use the ps6 for is the actual pitch shifting though. not really a fan of the harmonizing settings
the dd7 on the other hand is great. ive gotten so much use out of it
>>
>>63690833
Hmm, do you think the ps6 would work well with a bass guitar? Why don't you like the harmonizing settings?
>>
>>63690975
the tracking on the harmonizing is pretty bad. it makes shit sound muddy and worbly, which isnt really what i expected
could work if youre into that kind of thing though

and yeah, it'd probably work with a bass
>>
>>63689135
>make weird experimental maybe ambient noises

lol, learn music theory first kiddo
>>
>>63689135
For weird experimental ambient, please see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ATZFVWUAWM
>>
>>63689135
El capistán.
>>
File: mF8rnAx.jpg (727 KB, 1896x1896) Image search: [Google]
mF8rnAx.jpg
727 KB, 1896x1896
The bass player in my band recently got the DC-2 and it sounds so freaking lush it's amazing. I'll replace my good ol' CE-3 that I've had for a few years as my second chorus.

Totally in love with it right now.

For weird stuff, get the Zoom MS70-cdr, it's amazing and has a lot of cool glitchy stuff for the price. Any pitch shifter will also work.
I use my Count to Five, a Ditto and a Yamaha MagicStomp, with the dual pitch shift algorhythm or the 8 band multitap to get weird!
>>
>>63691598
What does the DC-2 do?

>stickers on pedals
come on
>>
>>63691433
Not Op, but thank you for this video, I'm totally buying one of those red panda particle pedals.
>>
>>63691799
If you're gonna be an ass at least do your research.
It's a chorus fuckwit. :^)
>>
>>63691812
thank you, anon <3
>>
>>63691811
I'm getting me a Noise Swash, that shit is awesome
You're welcome
>>
what are some good basic shoegaze pedals?
>>
>>63692034
A decent fuzz, chorus, delay, reverb, maybe a flanger or a phaser.
I'd recommend a Big Muff, an MXR Analog Chorus, Memory Man delay, and a Cathedral reverb to start.
Or if you want distortion or overdrive instead of fuzz, get a Rat or a Tube Screamer.
Really, just fuck around with whatever you get your hands on.
>>
Should I buy pedals if I don't have a decent amp? Don't plan on playing live, just record at home, directly to audio interface
>>
>>63692176
If it's home recording, just get a multi-effects pedal or something.
I wouldn't get a big pedalboard for home recording, so being minimal kinda helps when it comes to budget.
>>
>>63692215
Got any in mind? I make post-rock
>>
>>63692281
Well if you want just a basic one, get a Digitech RP500
If you want to shell out money for a good one, I've heard a lot of good things about the Boss ME-80
>>
File: 20160330_120137.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160330_120137.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
Did this today, was sweet :)
>>
carbon copy
>>
>>63692871
what pedal is that?
>>
>>63691244
chapman pls go
>>
>>63692034
There's different ways to make shoegaze and different pedals to use to make them.

Depends on whether you want warmer fuzzier stuff, which means stacking fuzzes, or colder stuff by using delays, or dreamy sounding stuff by using reverb pedals.
>>
>>63692871
is this that take 5 pedal?
>>
>>63693000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fpAFzXC-to
>>
>>63693162
>>63693000
Mtl Assembly Count to Five
>>
>>63692176
Probably not, you can get a controller for Guitar Rig (which you can pirate) and have access to dozens of pedals.
>>
>>63693190
>>63693418
holy shit that things cool thanks!
>>
>>63693190
>>63693418
might have to cop this pedal b/c
1. it has my city's name in it
2. it looks fucking cool
>>
While we're discussing pedals and stuff, what's the best pedal that would make a distorted sound like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nGpqElKep4
>>
>>63693921
Do it, if you hit up Scott, you can save on shipping and get a deal since you deal in CAD if I remember alright.
>>
>>63694000
haha no way, that's awesome.
the address is in the mailing list, so i could just pick it up, i live near that part of town
wonder if they do internships......
>>
>>63694054
I'm pretty sure that he pretty much works by himself at home or something. At least, that's what the demos look like :P
You'll have to wait for the next preorder to open up tho!
>>
>>63692871
yowsa those are my favorite pedals, too bad theyre so expensive
>>
>>63693960
sounds like reverb or maybe delay

if you can find one i highly recommend the marshall shredmaster, its the only distortion I like :^) or get a fuzz like a big muff or fuzz factory
>>
File: Delay.jpg (39 KB, 622x700) Image search: [Google]
Delay.jpg
39 KB, 622x700
>>63689135
Try the Rogue Analog Delay. I've used it for ambient stuff before, works well.
>>
>>63694000
That's so cool I was just gonna order it off of reverb but id rather do that
>>
>>63694316
>>63694419
They're actually very nicely priced if you're fast on the preorders. Just get in the mailing list and you'll get one next time 'round.
>>
anyone have any experience building a pedal?
i've been looking into it a lot and they seem like fun projects. i just find it difficult to find info for amateurs online.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.