[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
These guys again. How many albums is that now? 10? Oh, seriously,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: 5980281.jpg (90 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
5980281.jpg
90 KB, 1400x1400
These guys again. How many albums is that now? 10? Oh, seriously, 10 albums? Well, good for them (him), I guess. There aren't many Mainstream Rock bands still going, especially on the power-pop end of things, and tune-wise they sure beat the Foo Fighters. More 'fun,' as they say. 'You don't have to take them too seriously,' they say. And yeah, it's obviously kinda silly to get worked up either way over Weezer, who remain what they've always been: mildly tuneful post-grunge power-pop. 'So what,' right. Rivers Cuomo seems like nothing short of a nice guy who's having fun with his hooks, and if he can keep it going this long and modest and make a living at it, more power to him.

None of which does anything to obscure what even this band's harshest critics rarely convey explicitly, which is that this music just plain Sounds Hideous, and always has.

Now, I'm not gonna pretend I've kept up with this band. The last Weezer album I'd heard was their previous self-titled record back in '08 (which is actually too far removed from ninth grade to feel comfortable admitting). And yet though I couldn't name anything they've done in the last several years, I do know that Weezer now have four self-titled albums distinguished by the color scheme of the cover. It's actually an ingenious marketing strategy: every six or seven years, put a bright color on a self-titled album to give old fans a jolt of nostalgia that implies bubblegum kicks to be had. The fact that the new 'white' album is the first I've heard since 2008's 'red' one presumably means I'm exactly the type of idiot who gets roped into 34 minutes of precious listening time by a band that literally color-codes its albums. The things I'll chase for a little bit of color.
>>
>>63682047
dank
>>
>>63682047
how has this album not leaked yet?
>>
They're the saddest band out there. To go from inspiring and forming hundreds and thousands of great bands and sounds to being total shitlords that have no influence and just crank out garbage.
>>
>>63682047
>tune-wise they sure beat the Foo Fighters
fucking /mu/
>>
S H A R E I T S H A R P
H
A
R
E

I
T

S
H
A
R
P
>>
>>63682047
>post-grunge
>>
I like them.
>>
>>63682648
>To go from inspiring and forming hundreds and thousands of great bands
kek
>>
Weezer has like 40 great songs. It's very impressive
>>
>>63682047
he ripped off an RYM review

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/weezer/weezer__white_album_/
>>
>>63683315
Not really. The Beatles had like 400
>>
Ha...
This post comes in just the right time.
I got to listen to their blue album today (/mu/ told me it was their best, where else would I start) and I had to just stop listening to it after 10 min.

This is pure trash.
It's fucking awful.
>>
>>63683369
What's trash about it?
>>
>>63683391
The music.

Maybe it's just me and I can't understand the point of them.
It's not that it's simple, I don't mind that, it's just that it's boring to hell and back.
It just sounds like frat fart all over it.
>>
>>63683447
>Maybe it's just me

Yes.
>>
>>63683447
>The music.
No, specifically what's trash about the music?
>>
>>63683447
You people must listen to music wrong. Why are you looking for a point? If it doesn't grab you and it doesn't sound good, then listen to something else.

It's like a bunch of robots in here. "can't understand the point of them." The fuck?
>>
>>63683503
music is supposed to convey a feeling, even if youre just mindlessly listening to it

btw blue album is a masterpiece so re-listen
>>
>>63682047
>weezer now have four self-titled albums distinguished by the color scheme of the cover
Yeah, all of them except this new one were out the last time you listened to them, are you trying to say this is something they've done since 2008?
>>
>>63682047
*slow claps*
*steps out of the shadows*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...
But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps?
Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.
And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to.
Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.

See you on the boards...
>>
>>63682892
whats wrong with using that term anon
>>
>>63683339
the beatles were together for 40 years
>>
>>63683315
But there's only 20 songs when you combine Pinkerton and Blue.
>>
>>63684065
They have some amazing B-sides and rarities. Legitimately objectively amazing
>>
>>63684162
So that's another ten songs.

Still 10 or so short of 40.
>>
>>63684208
There are at least 20 great B-sides
>>
>>63684372
Name them
>>
>>63683447
Listen to Pinkerton instead, it's better and more emotionally involving.
>>
>>63684393
fuuuuuuck bro

Jamie
Mykel and Carli
I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams
You Gave Your Love To Me Softly
Suzanne
Paperface
The Christmas Song
Lover In The Snow
Purification of Water
Longtime Sunshine
I Swear It's True
The Prettiest Girl in the Whole Wide World
Wanda
Brightening Day
Teenage Victory Song
Mansion of Cardboard
Let's Sew Our Pants Together
Walt Disney
Blastoff
Come To My Pod
You Won't Get With Me Tonight
Thief You've Taken All That Was Me
Chess
No Reason To Worry
Oh No This Is Not For Me

and more
>>
>>63684425
HAHA
>>
>>63684586
>You Won't Get With Me Tonight
>Blastoff
>I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams
>You Gave Your Love To Me Softly
These are all great, I will admit.

>Jamie
>Mykel and Carli
>Suzanne
>I Swear It's True
>Longtime Sunshine
All of these are OK-to-good, not great.

>Come To My Pod
>Thief You've Taken All That Was Me
>Chess
>No Reason To Worry
>Oh No This Is Not For Me
>Paperface
>The Christmas Song
>Lover In The Snow
>Purification of Water
>The Prettiest Girl in the Whole Wide World
>Wanda
>Brightening Day
>Teenage Victory Song
>Mansion of Cardboard
>Let's Sew Our Pants Together
>Walt Disney
These are all shit-to-meh tier.
>>
>>63684660
Jamie is OK-to-good? Teenage Victory Song and Wanda are shit-to-meh? I can't relate to you
>>
>>63684586
Half of these aren't b-sides though
>>
>>63684776
they aren't on main release albums. Not sure what you would call that
>>
>tfw gf and I broke up last night

What are the best Weezer break up songs?
>>
>>63684792
Why discuss something if you don't understand it?
>>
>>63684820
I can't really think of any. All Weezer songs are about
>I'm-in-love songs
>I'm a nerd and I don't have a girlfriend
>bullshit about being on a spaceship
>lolrandom lyrics
>>
>>63682892
Avant-grade
>>
>>63684825
if you want to research and then split and tag all these classic =w= songs into their correct genres, God bless enjoy that.

I'll enjoy listening to over 40 great-to-amazing =w= songs.
>>
>>63684871
>if you want to research...
Why should I? You made the initial (incorrect) claim. The burden of proof is on you.
>I'll enjoy listening to over 40 great-to-amazing =w= songs
Not possible since there's only about 30.
>>
>>63684856
That's pretty true lol. Guess I'll just keep listening to Modern Baseball.
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 226x223
>>63684930
>initial incorrect claim
>burden of proof
>if weezer songs are b-sides or not
>>
>>63685015
do you have brain damage or something?
>>
>>63685145
>>63685015
You're both fucking retards
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.