[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a nice Kayo Dot general? >what is your favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9
File: Coffins_on_Io.jpg (157 KB, 1024x1016) Image search: [Google]
Coffins_on_Io.jpg
157 KB, 1024x1016
Can we have a nice Kayo Dot general?
>what is your favorite album
>do you prefer motW or KD
>have you seen Toby Driver on his last tour
>have you ever seen KD live and what it was like
>are you hyped for new record
>thoughts on pic related
etc., go!
>>
File: Kayo Dot - Choirs of the Eye.jpg (94 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Kayo Dot - Choirs of the Eye.jpg
94 KB, 500x500
i prefer maudlin of the well, always seen them as more emotional and evoking, although the music toby did with kayo dot is more mature.
i have to go with the first album, but lovve the rest as well. I really like his approach to heavy music, for example Blue Lambency Downward is in my opinion one of the heaviest songs i have heard and it doesent even has distorted guitars.
>>
>>63682167
yeah motW was my first love but I still prefer KD because I get a lot more from that music

also I really like new style of from Hubardo onwards, seem like they outgrown their need for being 'serious' and just seem more natural this way, but I love their old style as well
>>
>>63682000
My personal favourite is actually Coffins on Io. As a huge fan of gothic stuff and progressive rock/metal it's the perfect storm for me. But Choirs of the Eye, Hubardo and Blue Lambency Downward are close. I got into Driver's stuff through Kayo Dot and have listened to their albums more so I'd have to say I prefer them over motW by default.

Definitely hyped for the new album, and I'll see them if they come to the UK.
>>
>>63682437
can you recommend me that gothic stuff that sounds like Coffins?
>>
>>63682475
Well, Driver said himself his main influences on that album were Type O Negative and The Sisters of Mercy. I'd also recommend Lycia and early Cocteau Twins if you like the less heavy tracks. The Flenser label in general is good for that kind of dark/gothic stuff (like HaNL or Planning for Burial). Maybe a bit of a stretch, but some of Chelsea Wolfe's stuff might be of interest as well.
>>
>>63682000
I'm happy I went on /mu/ today.
>what is your favorite album
Choirs Of The Eye for KD, Leaving Your Body Map for motW/Toby in general
>do you prefer motW or KD
Definitely motW. KD is still brilliant though
>have you seen Toby Driver on his last tour
No, he didn't play in Scandinavia at all.
>have you ever seen KD live and what it was like
I wish.
>are you hyped for new record
Very.
>thoughts on pic related
Great. I feel like it could be better though.
>>
File: Mia Matsumiya.jpg (66 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Mia Matsumiya.jpg
66 KB, 600x800
Muh musicfu
>>
File: 1454188145660.jpg (81 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1454188145660.jpg
81 KB, 1000x750
>>63682785
>tfw she is having a child
it's all over
>>
File: LYBM HQ.jpg (269 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
LYBM HQ.jpg
269 KB, 1000x1000
>that feel when I will never see motW live
>that feel when the other set from The Stone is never going to be released and I'll never get to hear live versions of Bizarre Flowers and Catharsis of Sea-Sleep
just end my life
>>
File: xxx1.jpg (91 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
xxx1.jpg
91 KB, 480x640
>>63682805
:(

>>63682785
>>
File: 1387743078626.jpg (5 KB, 276x182) Image search: [Google]
1387743078626.jpg
5 KB, 276x182
>>63682813
>that feel when the other set from The Stone is never going to be released
how do you know
also
>some people rich enough paid tickets to see this live from all over the world and you never will
>>
>>63682853
>how do you know
the camera broke

i'm still really hoping the COTE set and all will be released
>>
File: oppositionday-400.jpg (182 KB, 400x274) Image search: [Google]
oppositionday-400.jpg
182 KB, 400x274
the most based toby driver related music
http://www.kayodot.net/spoonion/
>>
Dowsing Anemone with Copper Tongue was always my favourite. Not a big fan of their later stuff.
>>
>>63682897
dear god

anyway i had a talk with Toby when he played here, AMA and I might know
>>
>>63682955
what did you talk about? did he say anything interesting? really just curious about anything
>>
>>63683019
Well everything was interesting imo.
For what i know he has no home atm and he sleeps in tour van. He said he didn't even have money to finish the tour.
Idk we spoke about music and labels, musicanship and life. He doesn't drink beer while touring witch I found strange a bit. Also he said he get some pussy here and there throughout the tour, but when in NYC he sleeps with numerous women all the time..
>>
>>63683191
*which
>>
>>63683191
yeah, it's sad that he gets so little money, he deserves so much more. i might donate some.
>>
>>63683440
we asked him about this and he said it really pisses him of how so few people donate him money while so many pirate his stuff
>>
>>63683487
I bought just about every piece of merch from their bandcamp last week.

Did you talk anything about motW?
>>
>>63683529
hmm I can't remember, we didn't talk that much about his work, what can i say about it but praising it you know
>>
I need Part The Second on vinyl.
>>
>>63683191
Did you ask him what's up with SC3 these days? No new release in a while... Trey just tinkering lots, perfectionist that he is?
>>
>>63682000
Choirs of the Eye is my favourite release of the 'two' bands by a fair distance and sits in my all time top 5 (listening to it as I type as it happens) but prefer motW for consistency. The meandering self indulgent middle period of BLD, Coyote do nothing for me and Gamma Knife was okay but ultimately underwhelming and poorly produced/mixed. Stained Glass provided a nice tranquil ambient detour. Coffins was a nice change of pace in a more welcome direction, aftre doing a 100min Metal album I think Toby's kind of blown his load on that sound for the time being and this more direct snyth laden Goth sound helps to broaden the palette of the discography and maye bring the band to a slghtly wider audience. Hiki NEET so I've never been to a concert period. What's the atmosphere like? No word on the new album so don't know what to think yet. Tend to be a lot less hype for new releases in general these days, take more of an 'I'll get around to it' attitude.
>>
Hubardo's probably my fave but I haven't been really disappointed by any of their records.
>>
>>63685965
OP here
Toby said that new album will totally piss fans off and no body will like it..
Also musically it will sound like some tripped out anime soundtrack, there are a lot of synths and less guitars..
>>
>>63686062
this is the site of guy who did artwork so it will be awesome surely check it out
http://www.fucoueda.com/frameset-e.htm
>>
>>63686062
Did he talk about his involvement in Secret Chiefs 3 at all, when's their new album coming out?
>>
>>63686369
shit I can't remember but I know he spoke about that with my friend
sorryes, i was a bit drunk and sleepy
>>
>>63686469
Ok well thanks anyway.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.