[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Chasing the only meaningful memory you thought you had left.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: fetj ganmum.jpg (21 KB, 251x297) Image search: [Google]
fetj ganmum.jpg
21 KB, 251x297
>Chasing the only meaningful memory you thought you had left.
>With some pretty, bright and bubbly terrible scene
>That was doing her thing on your chest.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63678873
he's fucked up and a homeless chick shits on his chest
>>
>>63679002
Why does he perceive that as a meaningful memory?
>>
>>63679087
He's Jeff Mangum
>>
>>63678873
Oh Comely is about a relationship with a girl that put Jeff on a pedestal, because she had nothing else to cling to, and now she lives in nostalgia towards this time even though it didn't really mean that much. She imagined that it meant a lot, and the sheer memory of it is crushing her and making her feel tingly in her chest, or something.
>>
>>63679107
but he's addressing someone else in the song, I thought. He's talking to himself?
>>
>>63679126
It was meaningful for him. More-so since it wasn't for the hooker, whom regrettably carried out his sick desires to obtain 4 dollars and menthol cigarette.
>>
>>63679120
Sorry for not being too smart.
In the context of this being the premise, what did he mean by this?
Standing next to me,
He's only my enemy
I'll crush him with everything I own.
Say what you want to say
Hang for your hollow ways
Moving your mouth to pull out
All your miracle aimed for me.
>>
>>63679087
drugs and an affinity for cleveland steamers
>>
>>63679208
The line before is "there is no such one friend that you could find here" and then "standing next to me..." etc, right?

Honestly, I am not sure. Jeff kinda switches back and forth between different perspectives, I think. Maybe he deemed himself hurtful for the girl and the relationship unhealthy, that he is not a friend, but an enemy. Not sure about the "crushing" part, maybe Jeff would have wanted to crush himself for being such an asshole? Or he just beat someone up who hurt her, I don't know.

"Hollow ways", I think, refers to the state of mind she has, how she praises Jeff ("You're drunk on your awe to me."), not realizing how pointless it is, but Jeff tells her to just keep going, to "move her mouth" and say "all the miracles" that she thought up in her head to say to Jeff.

It's kinda weird to interpret.
>>
File: 1447600704286.png (51 KB, 339x298) Image search: [Google]
1447600704286.png
51 KB, 339x298
>"It's about anne frank"
>>
>>63679338
It's a potato
>>
>>63679357
it's a fucking tambourine.
>>
>>63679398
Is
That
An
Onion
Thinly
Sliced
>>
>>63679421
NO
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.