[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
you fuckers realise that LP 9 is going to be the best thing they've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
you fuckers realise that LP 9 is going to be the best thing they've ever done right?
i mean
>cut a hole
>identikit
>the present tense
>silent spring
>desert island disk
it's going to blow everybody's little minds
>>
Meh
>>
meh no one likes radiohead anymore
>>
>>63677864
I don't know what happened to radiohead but it used to seem like they were so different and cool and now they seem kinda dull. I'm talking about the old music
>>
>>63677907
They were new and different in 2001. It's been 15 years since then, they're just kind of around. Plus, when a band just sits on their asses for half a decade before every album the hype just naturally dies down.
>>
>All tickets are currently held. Tickets may become available if people decide not to purchase.
fuck this shit fäm
>>
>>63677928
Yeah I guess I didn't appreciate how long I have been listening to them feels weird
>>
>>63677928
KOL? 2011?
>>
>>63677864
>implying the LP will include every song it should
We're talking Radiohead, m8, you won't hear a studio version of at least 3 of those tracks until LP 17.
>>
>>63677981
I'd say 4 years counts as half a decade, more or less. Or 2 albums in 9 years. That's just really bad for hype, however you wanna frame it.
>>
>>63677994
You don't like KOL?
>>
>>63678003
I like it alright, I don't think that factors into what I said, but yeah.
>>
>>63677898
>>63677907
>>63677928

All I know about Radiohead is that they were a great band in the 90's and they're a great band now. They've never been one with some sort of insane worldwide following like Led Zeppelin but I've never listened to a modern radiohead song and said "Wow sounds like shit now", they still put out good music. And who gives a shit if nobody knows about it, do you listen to artists based off of who is listening to them or how much you like them?
>>
>>63678070

Thom Yorke is a musical genius in ranks with Kurt Cobain, Bob Dylan, or John Lennon. He doesn't NEED to be doing new crazy shit all the time. He's already done it for like 10 years.
>>
>>63678087
Bait
>>63678070
>Radiohead
>Not a huge worldwide following
>>
>>63678070
>do you listen to artists based off of who is listening to them?
they do, anon, they do
>>
I feel I want something quite dramatic to contrast with The King Of Limbs.

Is it strange I'm looking forward to LP9 because it means I'll probably appreciate KoL more?
>>
I love Radiohead. Everything from radio-friendly-but-zeitgeist-riding Pablo Honey to valiant-and-mostly-successful-attempt-at-remaining-fresh TKOL. I truly love Radiohead's music.

I hope their next album is the best, most memorable, revolutionary and unique of their career.

And then I hope the band splits and none of them continues a solo career. I honestly hope one of my favourite bands, a band that has never done wrong to me, splits, this year, after releasing their best work, and none of them ever makes music again.

I have similar wishes for many bands/musicians I deeply appreciate and I'm not sure why.
>>
File: image.png (362 KB, 800x569) Image search: [Google]
image.png
362 KB, 800x569
lift

true love waits

apparently true love did not wait.
lp9=best break up album
>>
>>63677898
the opposite, they're overrated as fuck even today they're "relevant" everyone talks about them, at least in eurpe
i like though, but not a big fan of kol
>>
>>63677864
you fuckers realise that LP 4 is going to be the best thing they've ever done right?
i mean
>follow me around
>big ideas
>big boots
>true love waits
>lift
it's going to blow everybody's little minds
>>
>>63679481
i wan't something like The King of Limbs but a bit more agressive and rockier
>>
>>63683717
and, it was
>>
File: 1458502214837.jpg (27 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1458502214837.jpg
27 KB, 645x773
>>63677864
I remember when King of Limbs released, and it was only like 7 tracks
And everyone expected them to release a Part II soon after.

A-anyone else remember? Hello!?
>>
>>63684105
But not for the reason OP claimed
>>
>>63684134
I'm still waiting, desu.
>>
>>63684134
Do you remember putting catsup in your fridge as well?
>>
The last actually great Thom Yorke album was recorded like 10 years ago and everything else he has put out since has been mediocre.
>>
>>63680508
Because you are a faggot more concerned with myth making than the actual music.
>>
I just want Big Boots
>>
>>63677994
What, would you rather your favourite band rushed an album everyyear to stay on the news? What the fuck is this shit, pop music? No, man, fuck this shit. It's just like videogames. Would rather a great game from my favourite series every 4 years, than a piece of shit sequel every semester.
>>
>>63682196
the fuck is this, man? Is that thom? really?
>>
Why is everybody quoting songs that I've never heard of? Hello? Did I miss an album or something? Where the hell did you all found these songs?
>Big Boots
>follow me around
>big ideas
>big boots
>true love waits
>lift
What did I miss?
>>
Here is to hoping that it is not another bleep bloop album. That idea is worn and I want a orchestral rock album.
I want guitar again
>>
>>63685358
They're just unreleased songs that they've played live before.
>>
File: you disgust me.gif (474 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
you disgust me.gif
474 KB, 200x150
>>63685374
>I want guitar again
>>
File: 1343279873894.png (132 KB, 168x200) Image search: [Google]
1343279873894.png
132 KB, 168x200
>>63685374
>bleep bloop album
>That idea is worn
>I want guitar again
jesus montie you're a fucking joke m8
>>
What I like the most about them is the fact that their albums are rather different from one another. I only discovered radiohead in 2013, that is, after all their albuns had already been previously released, which gave me the opportunity to listen to all of them, one after the other, during a single month. And it was really amazing how every album provided a completely different experience. I still remember when I first listened to kid a, and as everything in its right place started, I was quite shocked of how different it sounded, comparing to ok computer. Completely shifted my expectations, and I loved it.
>>
>>63685266
>>63682196
thom's body is no where like that.
>>
In rainbows> TMB > Amok=TKOL

just rating their recent stuff
>>
>>63677907
you got older, and listened to more music. Theyre probably the second most common "gateway drug" band for getting people from top 40 to more interesting music and developing their own taste, second to floyd of course. Naturally they were mindblowing back then, but now theyre familiar, and youve listened to stuff that is *actually* expiremental and boundary-pushing, Radiohead are no longer as amazing to you.
>>
File: Atomsforamok[1].png (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Atomsforamok[1].png
86 KB, 500x500
Do you guys like his other solo works? he eraser and omorrow modern boxes? I might be bootlicking at this point, but I love them both. Modern Boxes is perfect for sex.
Now, how about Atoms for peace, his side band? Have you guys given it a chance?
I must confess that Amok is my favourite album ever... I listened to it probably 200 times by now, and I like it more than anything he has ever done before. It just fits my tastes perfectly.
>>
>>63685577
Amok and TMB are totally different sounding to radiohead's work so it's hard to compare. Despite that I like those two albums more than a few of radiohead's stuff.
>>
>>63685577
I'll check it out famtano. I enjoyed TMB much more than the Eraser
>>
>>63685358
Go listen to these anon, they're pretty good.
This one especially:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sRWQ5BhYcE
>>
>>63677864

Wait are those 5yo songs on the new album ?!
I thought Spectre was the only released song that could be on it.
>>
>>63685721
Why the fuck would Spectre be on the album
>>
>>63685721
We don't know anon.
I feel it's more the fact those are the tracks we've seen post-KoL.
I imagine we're gonna hear some songs from the album on the tour they're doing this year.
>>
>>63677864
Identikit is shit
>>
>>63685772
Radiohead has a lot of singles, EPs, b-sides, or simply unreleased songs.
I'd be a little disappointed if like a half of the songs from LP9 were old songs.

>>63685750
"It didn't work out, but became something of our own, which we love very much."
I don't see why it wouldn't be. Exit Music (for a film) was made for a movie
>>
>>63678125
If you think Radiohead won't go down as one of the biggest and influential 'rock' groups adored by fans and critics alike you are sorely misled, Radiohead are the biggest band of modern times.
>>
guys, was hearing damage made exclusively for twilight? I tried to find info on the song but I found nothing. Ilike the damn song very much, but I don't wanna have a twilight song on my list...
>>
File: 13727gtrutudutriuriyir33227711.gif (661 KB, 460x243) Image search: [Google]
13727gtrutudutriuriyir33227711.gif
661 KB, 460x243
>>63686064
>mfw when I watched twilight with my sister and the credits scrolled up
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfuXyRFMV4Y
this track is 10/10 and tkol is underrated as heck
give it a chance, lads
>>
>>63685996
>I'd be a little disappointed if like a half of the songs from LP9 were old songs.
Me too anon.
The dream is that they release a compilation of b-sides and rarities as an album after LP9 and call it quits there.
>>
>>63686064
from NME
> A lot of people seem surprised that Thom Yorke has contributed a track to the new 'Twilight' movie 'New Moon', as if getting involved with a teen vampire franchise were somehow beneath him, a bit emo.

> Actually, there's always been a black vein of the gothic running through Yorke's lyrics, from 'We Suck Young Blood' to the supernatural dread evoked by 'Street Spirit' ("I can feel death, can see its beady eyes").

lel, it looks like it was made for Twilight.
And it was only released on the movie soundtrack
>>
>>63685772
I have seen it for twenty years-- idot fans thinking that any song they might have lying around would be on the next album, when in fact Radiohead probably include one, maybe two older songs on their releases, and fill the rest with entirely new songs.
>>63685996
>I don't see why it wouldn't be. Exit Music (for a film) was made for a movie
So was Big Boots
>>
>>63686260
>always been a black vein of the gothic running through Yorke's lyric

jesus christ. NME is like the TMZ of the redcoats. that's the most retarded thing i've ever read.

>cite one related example.
>next is a terrible stretch
>claims thom is a teeny bopping emo fag
WELL NOT SINCE PABLO HONEY
>>
>>63685577
i fucking love that last song, so powerful, and ingenue is so beautiful, great album
>>
File: 1399909556947.jpg (9 KB, 348x352) Image search: [Google]
1399909556947.jpg
9 KB, 348x352
>>63686100
>I watched twilight with my sister
>with my sister
>>
>>63687232
what? I have two sisters, don't you? You don't think I'd just watch twilight by myself. She made me go with her every single movie, that damn friendless weird cunt. She was 14 though.
>>
>>63686138
>not posting separator, the best in the album
>>
King of Limbs live from the Basement is their best work. If TKOL had Daily Mail and Staircase studio versions it'd be a 9 easy.
>>
You forgot lift. Idk how they will rework the song to fit the supposed mood of the album though, it would have to be a drastic change
>>
Can't wait for more whining about the climate change boogy man
>>
>>63677864
I was gonna say the same thing. I'm hype x 1000
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.