[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /mu/ lets set the record straight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: musicFestGurlz.png (2 MB, 1177x783) Image search: [Google]
musicFestGurlz.png
2 MB, 1177x783
Which music fest is the best for the whole squad?
>>
me on the left
>>
Lolla

Coachella is a waste of money and it sucks and it's hot, but Lolla still brings the party
>>
SLAGS
L
A
G
S
>>
nothing american, thats for sure
>>
>>63676804
>Coachella is a waste of money and it sucks and it's hot, but Lolla still brings the party

I agree. Lollapalooza is a huge party but not the celebrity/fashion fuckup that coachella has become.
>>
any small jamband festival. can party freely and cheaply and not be around normies whoo-girls and phone holderuppers
>>
>>63676849
but you also have to suffer through some of the shittiest music on the planet. fuck jam bands
>>
>>63676888

Anything is possible with enough cocaine.
>>
im thinking about going to summercamp this year, i i only know a few of the artists there though so I have no idea how it'll go. Lolla seems fun but the lineups are pretty much the same each year, everythings overpriced, and its chock full of basic white grills and chads

So do I go with decent tunes and normies reeee or do i go with decent tunes and wooks?
>>
>>63676770
Squamish was pretty tight last year (rip)
>>
>>63677101
if you waste your money on a festival this summer and LCD isn't headlining you played yourself.

Sorry but it's true. If there's ever been a year to subject yourself to normcrowds, this is it :(
>>
>>63676770
Bigfoot, at the Gorge in Washington.

Shit isn't cheap though.

Just a ticket for all 4 days is over $400 alone.
>>
>>63677229
nigga what
>>
>>63676770
I know this is superbly shallow but why do I feel like I KNOW that none of those chicks have an idea of who the bands/djs/whatever they went to see are?
>>
>>63677262
cus theyre basic white bitches who are "hippie af yayy flower children #plurlyfe" for a day
>>
lolla fucking blows
>>
>>63677241
Shit I meant Sasquatch not bigfoot.

Same thing more or less, haha.
>>
>>63677101
What kind of music do you normally listen to? I'm doing summercamp this year, the lineup is stacked
>>
>>63677323
lineup is alright this year but holy fuck the festival itself is just awful
>>
>>63677332
shoegazey and psych stuff mostly but im open to whatever, and one of my friends said its one of the best festis hes been to

it's mostly folky/bluegrass stuff right? The only ones I recognize are umphreys and griz
>>
>>63677323
I'm going Friday and Sunday because of acts I don't want to miss, but if you go on any other site, everyone who's going to Lolla is freaking out about Future, J. Cole, and Lana Del Rey than LCD Soundsystem and Radiohead. Seriously, fuck this world
>>
>>63677241

You like Sasquatch though? I was thinking about going this year.
>>
>>63677353
Maybe like a third each of bluegrass or folk, electronic, and jambands.
I'd say check out emancipator, tauk, lotus, jimkata, manic focus, slow magic.
Then for the more classic acts they've got the roots, Tom pettys original band, parliament funkadelic.
>>
>>63677406
Yeah man, looks tight as fuck.
Love the gorge as well.

I would love to go this year but I don't have $500 to blow.
Fuck, I don't even have $20 to blow.
I'm broke man
>>
>>63677379
Same guy here. It's just stupid how it's more of a pop festival than an alternative music festival. Luckily I'm all about avoiding all the pop acts so I can avoid all the shitty teenagers and "hippie" girls who ruin everything.

There was this one comment i saw while looking for a Friday ticket, and this girl said she wanted a Thursday ticket even though she doesn't know any of the undercard acts and just wanted to party hard. That is the summary of Lollapalooza; a bunch of Chicago teenagers fuck themselves up and not even care about music
>>
>>63677427
That seems pretty dope, I checked out a few random artists from the lineup and didn't like some of them but the good ones seem to make up for it.

I'll prolly end up going if I can get there. You going to the pre-party? My friend said whoever does gets first picks for camping spots
>>
>>63677454
Yeah it's first come first serve usually with that kind of thing so coming Thursday is always better. I'm going with a few friends and they know people doing vending. If I can afford it which is a huge if. But I've heard its a good fest
>>
>>63676804
Aussie here. Thinking about doing Coachella next year. Is it really not that worth it? I wanna go just coz it's the biggest
>>
File: pemberton.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1385) Image search: [Google]
pemberton.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1385
P E M B Y
E
M
B
Y
>>
>>63677527
no dont go, degeneracy of music at its finest. if you care about music in its purest form, dont support these degenerates. you'll get the same coachella experience attending any top 40 artist concert.
>>
>>63677544
>degeneracy of music at its finest

how so? honestly curious coz ive never spoken to an american who's actually into music about coachella.
Like I get that big music festivals are usually shit, coz here in australia the biggest festivals always have fucking dreadful lineups..

The Coachella line up is always top notch.
>>
All psychedelic fests are still the shit, if that's your thing.
SXSW and ACL are lit as fuck as well.
>>
>>63677609
You should do it if you like the lineup don't listen to that guy. If you've been to a huge mainstream fest you know the crowd already. Can be annoying but it's what you make of it.
Pro move is to do both the big normie fests to see the names you want to see and go to the good small fests for the experience
>>
>>63677527
I don't know, maybe if you're the festival kind of guy. I guess being in Australia it makes Coachella the most viable American festival for you. Keep in mind, though, it's in the middle of the desert, and it's boiling in the middle of spring. It's also one of the most expensive major festivals. There's also very few utilities for loads of people, so they charge you an arm for a bottle of water, but that's to be expected.

Coachella routinely has stellar lineups, but they make you pay for it. Not just your wallet either, they make your soul and your body pay too.
>>
Beach Goth!
>>
All Tomorrows Parties
>>
This year's big three US festivals' lineups are weak as fuck. What happened? I mean there are some greats sprinkled in here and there but man is the pool shallow this year.
>>
>>63677333
Does it stand out compared to other festivals for any particular reason?
>>
>Festivals
Fuck off
>>
boom festival Portugal lol
>>
Austin Psych fest has always been good when I've gone.

Last time I went was when Medicine was playing, they weren't as good as they were in the 90s but still fucking great. It's a shame the people running it tried getting them off stage as early as possible...
>>
>>63677488
Seems like it'd be a pretty cool experience, I only know one person who's going and he's from another state so I'd be pretty much on my own which would either be a good thing or a bad thing. It'd be my first fest so I'm a bit spooked
>>63682303
I've been wanting to go for so long, the lineup each year's insane. Too bad Medicine isn't playing again and probably won't next year either
>>
>>63679672
Bad day, anon?
>>
any recs for eurofags?
maybe I'll just go to melt in germany
>>
File: 1458571634008.jpg (70 KB, 560x432) Image search: [Google]
1458571634008.jpg
70 KB, 560x432
>>63679672
Someone doesnt like partying and getting laid
>>
W O N D E R L A N D
>>
I've been to coachellas with lineups I didn't like and have always had a lit time my familiars!
>>
>>63683214
bump
>>
I went to Lockn (relatively small jam band fest, about 15,000 people. in virginia this past september. my first camping festival experience. overall it was fucking awesome. very low key. since it's pretty small the stages are right next to the campsites, and it never gets too loud really late at night or early in the morning. tons of drugs. and the music wasn't bad either
>>
coachella is the best. there's kind of an abundance of shitty EDM/bro type people who are there for the "scene" and the fashion but if you camp and avoid those ppl and stick to the good acts its the best time
>>
Music festivals are shit for actually listening to music

>swarmed with drug addled basic bitches and bros talking, holding up cell phones, and being themselves

>45 min-1hr sets except for the headliners

>awful acoustics and stage bleed between concerts

>Uncomfy conditions (muddy fields, disgusting toilets, overpriced street food)

>Inferior to a concert in almost every way

If you're going there to get fucked up and have sex : good job paying all that money to do what people do every weekend at bars, clubs and parties

If you're going there to enjoy your favorite artists: it would be infinitely better at a concert.

Festivals these days are usually all about making money off dumbass 20-somethings with disposable income, and it's obvious. I've gone to them and had a blast, but only because I was on drugs with all of my friends. The festivals themselves really weren't worth it at all, imo.
>>
Riot Fest
>>
>>63685168
True but let's discuss a typical bar show

> 3 warm up bands you don't care for
> hour set up times between bands
> The Kills plays for 1 and half hours vs 1 hour
> it's 2 am when it's over. Got there at 9 pm.
> did nothing but stand for 5 hours.

Personally, I prefer music fests. At least things are always happening
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.