[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw finally start band >instrumentals are great, songs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 500x666
>tfw finally start band
>instrumentals are great, songs I've been sitting on for years finally being fully realized
>still learning how to write vocal parts and sing while I play
>taking a while
>band wants to get singer
>don't necessarily disagree as I want things to move along but still not fully into it
>style doesn't really suit having JUST a singer who doesn't do anything
>plus my songs and I don't want some other dude putting them in a context different from what I felt when I write them
>feelsbadman
>becoming less enthusiastic and less invested in it with each day

wat do

on one hand I think it would allow vocals to be goid w/o sacrificing anything else + wouldn't take momths, on the other we just don't have a sound that would work for someone to just stand there singing + muh songs muh feelings

:(
>>
>>63676705
Smoke fuck tons of cigar and go full on Lemmy Kilmister
>>
>>63676745
I was going more for greg sage desu
>>
>>63676758
Just learn to sing and play you fucking loser. Dont worry though your band probably fucking sucks and most youll do is play at some shit bar.

Seriously just give up dude. You are hopless if you cant even do the two most basic things. Have you considered suicide? I have but then i discovered my dick and got good and became a musician. Now either do or get the fuck out of the scene because we have enough cringe music as it is. Nobody cares about your diary note lyrics. Fuck you
>>
>>63676865
Holy rekt
>>
>>63676865
singing while playing really isn't that basic and if you learn how to play w/o learning it early on it's an absolute bitch to learn later on

also we are all well established in our local diy scene
>>
>>63676865
>>63676881
samefriend pls go
>>
>>63676902
Post samples loser. I don't get how singing and playing is hard? I am a drummer, guitarist, bassist, singer, and producer. It's all about time, so how is it hard? I can sing out loud while still keeping time on drums, I just sing with the pulse, what is the difficult problem you're experiencing? Your disgusting placebo of difficulty due to laziness?
>>
>>63676902
It isn't hard, at all. If you can't do it you probably just haven't been playing enough.
Playing should become second nature.
>>
>>63676931
Also I like how you say your style (which of course, you don't post) doesn't fit "just a vocalist." Voice is the most complex instrument there is. I guess progressive dreamcore just CANNOT have it!

You cannot even accomplish a thread with a point, how will you accomplish music?
>>
>>63676985
we're a fairly simplistic post-punk band

and btw I'm not trying to get "famous" or w/e, I am aware my band likely is not amazing. you seem like a jaded cunt, far beyond the kind of elitism that used to be commonplace here.

eat a bag of cocks senpai
>>
>>63677050
It's not the fact I'm jaded, it's the fact you're a whiny cunt with no outlook, no sights, if any, they're set low.

My advice? Restart, get inhibition, you have nothing to lose. Only took one slightly negative post for you to put your cards on the table. You've lost nterest, your band is boring, you don't want anything, your band isn't good. Your words.

So what do you want? A poor baby? A poor you? Poor baby. Poor you.
>>
>>63676985
oh and btw I was referring to it not working in a live setting; it would be awkward as fuck and totally unnatural

fuck off w this "the voice is the most complicated instrument" shit we are talking about shouting over semi distorted guitars
>>
>>63677118
dont you mean 'remove inhibition'?

>>63676705
are you a fag? if you don't want to do something with 'your' band, then don't.
>>
>>63676931
trying too hard here bro
>>
>>63677118
this m8

Even if your band isnt that great and youre not trying to "make it" you're still complaining about them wanting to do something to improve the band. It's not all about you and if it's such a big deal either start a new band or just do your own thing for a bit.

If you wanna sing your own songs then learn how to fucking sing and play, it's not that fucking difficult. Practice makes perfect you stupid twat.
>>
>>63676865
>Have you considered suicide? I have but then i discovered my dick
This line was gold
>>
>>63677148
You cannot take good advice and you cannot shout while playing your self described garbage? The plot thickens. I'm so glad /mu/ has unanimously decided you're an insufferable bitch boy.
>>
>>63676705

>>plus my songs and I don't want some other dude putting them in a context different from what I felt when I write them

PROTIP: This is what being in a band is. Compromise and creatively assisting the other band mates.

If all of this work is too personal for you then find a way to go it as a solo artist. There is so much tech available these days and possibility for experimentation in different genres and sounds that you can absolutely do this if you want to. You are getting angsted at by edgekid teenagers but their message is on point. This thread was just a thinly-veiled pity party.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.