[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I think this is the best album I've ever listened to,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: kingcrimson.jpg (37 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
kingcrimson.jpg
37 KB, 480x480
So I think this is the best album I've ever listened to, despite searching I've never found anything that matches this to me. Still fairly new to exploring music and not listening to shit music though.
>>
>>63674645
Cool, now you should post about it on a message board to a bunch of people who don't give a flying fuck.. oh wait, you just did.
>>
>>63674645
>Still fairly new to exploring music and not listening to shit music though.

well if you like it then you like it, right? its all about the experience when you experience it, what it means to you
>>
In the Wake of Poseidon is superior though.
>>
>>63677369
Larks' Tongues in Aspic tho
>>
>>63677369
Stop this awful contrarian meme
>>
>>63677442
>Implying
>>
>>63677486
Yeah, I'm implying that ITWOP is shit, especially so when compared to ITCOTCK
>>
>>63675676
>someone wants to start a conversation
>"UHH COOL DUDE NICE JOB POSTING YOUR OPINION ON A BOARD FILLED WITH PEOPLE POSTING OPINIONS YA FRIGGIN IDIOT HAHA xDDD"
>>
>>63677622
This
>>
>>63677369
ITCOTCK is far more memorable and has more general intensity and drive behind each track. ITWOP has some good tracks but overall kind of plays in a very similar way to ITCOTCK, where Pictures of a City is 21st Century Schizoid man, Cadence and Cascade is I Talk to the Wind, ITWOP is Epitaph, The Devil's Triangle is ITCOTCK, and Cat Food happens to be very unique, but somewhat silly and out of place in their catalogue up to this point chronologically. The Peace Pre and Post ludes are nothing to write home about.

ITWOP the song might be the only one listed that has more power than its counterpart, Epitaph, but the rest of ITCOTCK's tracks are more interesting and more memorable by far.
>>
>>63674645
go listen to yes - close to the edge
>>
Red is their best album
>>
>>63678039
you misspelled larks tongues in aspic
>>
What is Lizard?
>>
>>63678058
second place.
>>
it's pretty fantastic for progressive rock. used to be my favorite album as well but i'm not so much into the whole "epic" aesthetic anymore.
>>
>>63678044
BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAAAAAAM
>>
>>63678082
literally my favorite part.
>>
>>63678058
Even worse than ITWOP
>>
>>63678090
It's so fucking great man
>>
>>63675676
DUDE LOL REKT YOU TOLD HIM
>>
>>63678112
>even worse than a really solid record
i know what you meant but that still leaves plenty of room for it to be a great record.
>>
>>63678133
ITWOP is anything but solid and Lizard is one of the worst KC albums period
>>
File: animukc.jpg (34 KB, 536x297) Image search: [Google]
animukc.jpg
34 KB, 536x297
>>63678177
does it hurt being that wrong? like... physically?
>>
>>63678193
Does it hurt having such awful opinions on prog? Like, hurt your conscience and soul?
>>
>>63678215
>rehashing the insult
go do your homework.
>>
>>63678243
What homework? Even Fripp himself said the album was full of good ideas with awful execution
>>
File: Another Day.jpg (23 KB, 303x566) Image search: [Google]
Another Day.jpg
23 KB, 303x566
Well, Red is probably the second best KC album behind ITCOTCK and one of the best ever. Not as jazz heavy as the latter but is still a stellar album/
>>
>>63678268
This
>>
>>63674645
personally i prefer the darker atmosphere on red, but itcotck is easily one of my favorite albums.

>Still fairly new to exploring music and not listening to shit music though.
i know that feel, i'm at around 1250 albums, and i still feel like a pleb.
>>
>>63674645
Listen to Islands. Extremely underrated KC album.
>>
>>63679127
Islands is one of the best KC albums, imo.
I never found anything that sounds similar, sadly.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.