[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Always thought this was The Beatles best album Opinions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Revolver.jpg (380 KB, 1220x1220) Image search: [Google]
Revolver.jpg
380 KB, 1220x1220
Always thought this was The Beatles best album

Opinions?
>>
>>63658185
I agree
>>
>>63658185
I agree
>>
>>63658185
I prefer rubber soul, and I find this cover horrible
The drawing looks very amateurish to me
>>
>>63658185
It is. I think it's the peak of their collaborative songwriting before egos and other factors started deteriorating the band
>>
>>63658185
I agree, I was never a fan of Rubber Soul
>>
>>63658590
why nawt?
>>
Just happened to be listening to it as I went on /mu/ today. It's absolutely fantastic
>>
You're right
>>
Honestly I can't decide between this, White Album or Sgt Peppers as their best. White Album without the filler is better than both though.
>>
>>63658185
It's the worst to me, the most crappy songs on any Beatles album.
>>
Magical Mystery Tour > Revolver > Abbey Road >>> Sgt. Pepper's > Rubber Soul > Help! >>> Hard Day's Night > s/t >>> Let It Be
>>
>>63658895
Switch Revolver and Abbey and I'm right with you.
>>
>>63658878
which ones are crappy do you think?
>>
>>63658185
Not keen on it

prefer good old White Album
>>
The Beatles > Abbey Road > Revolver > Magical Mystery Tour > Rubber Soul > Hard Day's Night > Sgt Pepper > Beatles For Sale > Let it Be > Please Please Me > Help > With The Beatles
>>
>>63658602
Not him, but I hate John's obsession with Bob Dylan just spilling over on every single goddamn song he wrote for that album. The songs themselves are good but he sings them in such an obvious attempt at sounding like Bob Dylan. Paul's contributions are mostly good. The Word and Run For Your Life are awful.

Rubber Soul is just really bland to me. Not bad, has some great standouts (In My Life, I'm Looking Through You), but it's just John idolizing Dylan and Paul writing above average pop rock tunes. The Beatles had more in them and sounded more like the Beatles on AHDN and Revolver, so Rubber Soul is just some weird middle point to me.
>>
>>63658928
Those are all tiered by my rym ratings, so they're pretty close.

Those first 3 got 4 stars, the second set got 3.5, HDN and s/t got 3, and Let It Be got 2.
>>
>>63658966
All i like on there is Taxman, Eleanor Rigby, I'm Only Sleeping, She Said She Said, And Your Bird Can Sing, I Want To Tell You, Tomorrow Never Knows. The rest i just can't be bothered with, they're too short and pointless.
>>
>>63659162
>not liking Here, There and Everywhere
what the fuck are you doing son
>>
>>63659162
you hit the peaks, but here there and everywhere and for no one are marvelous songs. i hope they grow on you. the former has a tremendous chord progression and the latter is a gorgeously bittersweet bit of baroque pop.
>>
>not thinking John's nasal singing is literally the most god-tier style he ever used
>>
>>63658185
It's gr8 m8 and I r8 it an 8 but Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Abbey Road are both superior
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.