[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me guys why To Here Knows When is so good? I just can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
Tell me guys why To Here Knows When is so good? I just can't understand why i love this song so much. It's like on sensual level. Also what is your fav?
>>
it's been so long
>>
>>63641231
forgot what it's like
>>
>>63641197
It feels like it doesn't move. It finds a beautiful blissful place and stays there suspended for 5 minutes.
>>
>>63641231
the feelin's comin on
>>
>>63641197
it's just the dreamiest track in the album. plus the fact that it doesn't have drums makes it feel like you're floating
>>
>>63641294
very accurate, do you know songs with similar vibes?
>>
Come back again
To here knows when
>>
>>63641353
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZA8vaToQ7o
not shoegaze but
>>
>>63641447
>>
>>63641197
Greatest song of all time imo.
>>
>>63641197
Touched is actually the best song though
>>
>>63642517
Definitely not
>>
>>63642517
This
>>
I Only Said definitely

Also Soon and When You Sleep
>>
>>63641197
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbf8h3sykiw
Listen to the cover of To Here Knows When on this album by Lemon's Chair.
It gets me, too.
>>
>>63641353
The Stargazer Lilies - We Are The Dreamers

Most of their songs are blissed out shoegaze like that.
>>
Touched always reminds me of the metroid game on the old gba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnnhXBfngs0
>>
An absolute masterpiece. The whole album is. Is it me or does it seem like your perception of the album changes over time? It's not even a noise album anymore. but on the first listens, the noise was so overbearing, the melodies were much more faint and mysterious, but now they seem so normal. The mood of the album always changes for me as well. At times it's a beautiful dreamy sunny record and other times it's melancholy in a way.
>>
I really like the first three songs all blending into the next. The vocals and all put you into this nice and peaceful trance.
>>
Probably 'Soon' for me. Great song to wrap up the album, and the vocals are absolute killer.
>>
File: kevinshields.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
kevinshields.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>63644624
>It's not even a noise album anymore. but on the first listens, the noise was so overbearing, the melodies were much more faint and mysterious, but now they seem so normal. The mood of the album always changes for me as well. At times it's a beautiful dreamy sunny record and other times it's melancholy in a way.

I know what you mean. I've heard it 300+ times, and it's just comfy at this point. The "noise" feels warm and calming, and just fills any empty spaces to give a feeling of "fullness" to each track.

>>63641197
Been there, m8. Reposting one of my older posts that ended up becoming a pasta:

To Here Knows When may quite possibly be the greatest song of all time. It's the epitome of "beautiful noise". I've never encountered another track that's been able to control emotions through sound so well. It's dreamy, it's sleepy, it's sad, it's scary, but immensely joyful too. It takes on a different sound depending on what state or mood you're in. Sometimes harsh, sometimes calming, sometimes energetic. It's next to impossible to completely pin down all the textures and melodies in the song, so you're just forced to accept it for whatever it is. Leave it to Kevin Shields to make feedback sound like violins playing a symphony.
>>
>>63641335
...but it does have drums.

I think my favorite has to be SOMETIMES.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.