[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is any other album a better example of the whole being better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1429928926583.jpg (72 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1429928926583.jpg
72 KB, 1000x1000
Is any other album a better example of the whole being better than a sum of its parts. Taken indidvually a lot of this would make for poor listening but together it creates such a gloomy and draining atmosphere. It is actually quite beautiful.
>>
File: 51IqyR3Wb3L.jpg (47 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
51IqyR3Wb3L.jpg
47 KB, 500x499
>>63636519
Blurry Grandma
>>
>>63636519
ount
erie
>>
Soundtrack for the Blind is Swan's goat album for that reason. Unlike just about anything else.
>>
>>63636519
Surrogate Drone make no sense unless it is proceeded by YPR2.
And Red Velvet Coriddor, I was a Prisoner in Your Skull and Helpless Child, are basically one song working on the same themes.
>>
I would likw to add thatthink it is pointless to say what your favorite song on this album is since it misses the experience of the album.
>>63636609
I actually have never listened to this yet and I'd why.
>>63636586
Never got that
>>
File: folder.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
>>
>>63636519
>Is any other album a better example of the whole being better than a sum of its parts.
>what is every concept album ever
>what is crecendo-core
you dont get out much do you, OP?
>>
File: 1445630295617.jpg (591 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1445630295617.jpg
591 KB, 2000x2000
>>63636519
Really not the lips best songs but it is an interesting album
>>
>>63636751
Posts no examples and I would argue that crescendo core is just same song repeating over and over again
>>
>>63636705
Came to post this. The songs are alright on their own, but as a whole album, it's pretty much better than anything I've ever listened to.
>>
>>63636808
It's kinda weird I have listened to this yet. What is the album like.
>>
>>63636842
I don't know, seriously. Unlike anything I ever heard, I guess. It's very abstract and atmospheric, but catchy at the same time. And every single fucking sound feels deliberate. If possible, load it on your phone or MP3 Player and take a walk while listening to it.

I have no idea what Phil did with this album, but it doesn't feel like normal music to me. It feels like "different" music.
>>
>>63636792
Age of Adz
Lift Yr Skinny Fists
Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Wish You Were Here
Ys
I really hate using the "the list goes on" meme but holy shit you really are retarded if you needed me to list concept albums that work better when taken as a whole.
Thats literally the definition of a concept album you mong.
>>
>>63636954
>Age of Adz
good choice but moat of its songs work perfectly fine by themselves there meaning and point isn't lost
>Lift Yr Skinny Fists
Again all the songs on this are very much complete by themselves
>Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Terrible example this album is very much over bloated and the album is worse than many of the songs on it
>Wish You Were Here
Good example thematically but musically you get a bunch of emotions that don't always mix
>Ys
Won't argue that
>>
>>63637043
The point wasnt exactly that the tracks on these albums dont work alone, but rather that theyre two or threefold enhanced by the rest of the album as a whole
>>
>>63637078
True but that wasn't the point of the thread it was about music that wouldn't work as songs but when packaged toget her in an album they create something g worth listening to
>>
File: 1445647539445.jpg (132 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1445647539445.jpg
132 KB, 1000x1000
>>63636519
>>
>>63636705
Definitely this.
>>
>>63637341
yeah individually this album is a contrived piece of shit.

as a whole, it's a heavyhanded and pretentious piece of shit.
>>
>>63637688
Watch that edge
And no it is an album made by a grieving gay lover
>>
>>63637903
why do people keep posting the inverted cover
>>
White Light/ White Heat

Humble Cannnons

Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished

Pet Sounds

The White Album

The Powers That B

I Love You Honeybear

Giles Corey

Deathconsciousness

Raw Power

Glow Pt 2

Mount Eerie

Pink Moon

The Downward Spiral

The Wall

Animals

Panda Bear vs. The Grim Reaper

Wish You Were Here

Down Colorful Hill

Rock Bottom

Dopesmoker ;^)

The Pod

Pure Guava

GodWeenSatan

The Mollusk

Pinkerton

Any good live album
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.