[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SP-303 vs 404
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 303404.jpg (683 KB, 1474x1092) Image search: [Google]
303404.jpg
683 KB, 1474x1092
Anyone have experience with these machines? I want to get one, but hear good and bad things about both and can't decide.
>>
>>63631529
Well the 303 only accepts up to 64mb Smartmedia cards which are a pain in the ass to get hold of and not cheap as they are obsolete.

The 404 accepts up to 1gb Compact Flash which are still fairly annoying but at least more widely available than Smartmedia.

The 404SX will accept up to 32gb SD cards for max capacity and has software for easy sample management but loses the vinyl compression effect which is widely loved by SP users.
>>
Why use these over software and a midi controller?
>>
>>63631780
For music production, there isn't any reason to unless you want that gritty, unproduced lo-fi sound. They're just way too limited.

As a live performance tool however, they're great.
>>
>>63631619
Good to know, thanks.

>>63631780
I want to work away from a computer for a bit, plus I like the physicality of working with hardware. If I was to get a MIDI controller, what would you suggest? All I have is an Akai MPK mini.
>>
>>63631780
Because workflow and not having to depend on computers.
People will tell you it's the sound, but I don't really care for it.
You can do most of the things you can do with these with software, but it lacks the punch these machines pack when you perform live with one, plus, they're incredibly fun to use.
>>
>>63631818
>what would you suggest?
I guess a NI maschine or the Ableton's push 2.
Don't take my suggestions seriously, though; I'm just an amateur.
>>
File: grimes.jpg (33 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
grimes.jpg
33 KB, 600x400
>>63631529
Just saying: Grimes uses a SP-404. If it's good enough for her, it should be for you too.
>>
>>63632397
SP-404 SX bish
>>
>>63633021
>implying that there's a big difference between these two
Bitch
>>
Go for the MPC 1000, it cost almost the same and in my opinion is way to better than the 404
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.