[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i play guitar like the guy from Melt Banana?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 450x295) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 450x295
pls help.

Anyone know what kind of pedals he uses to get that sound?
http://youtu.be/wOVE9eAU5Tg
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2F_JF7mIxw

Recorded in Edinburgh 17/18 September '88. Issued on Moksha Recordings in 1988. Ripped from vinyl.
>>
Do you know why the japanese really wear those masks?
>>
>>63630713
put chocolate spread or marmalade on the inside and lick it
>>
>>63630720
nope

cedar fever
>>
>>63630713
He wears it on stage because he's prone to nosebleeds. He takes it off afterwards
>>
>>63630771
ah interesting I assume to protect the guitar actually

otherwise I'd think that would be a positive
>>
Man fuck Melt Banana. They opened for Tool a ways back at a concert my gf at the time dragged me too. Played in a fucking huge stadium, we were 8 rows from the stage ground level.

This little Japanese girl gets on stage and they start and I'm knocked off my ass from the sheer sound. Had tinnitus for roughly 2 weeks. Also I hate Tool so that sucked too.
>>
pitch shifters

like 3 of them
>>
>>63630665

you need lots of effect pedals, whammy and delays most important, and a slide

most of their pre-Charlie songs are him fucking with a slide and his whammy, he also drags his pick across the strings often

set your delays to maximum delay, he usually has 2 or 3 on his board and sets them up on different times or to make loops like in that video

also he plays in Open E tuning

>>63630897

this too, he has a Whammy and a H.O.G. 2 on his board atm
>>
File: 42bqks2.jpg (950 KB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
42bqks2.jpg
950 KB, 5312x2988
>>63630897
this is his pedalboard
>>
>>63630904

I saw them live on Friday, he now also has one of those new big-ass BOSS SY-300 Synthezisers.
>>
>>63630904
Lol i went to their show the other night and was so tempted to take a pic. I was standing next to one of the guys that opened for them and we were both staring at Agata's feet and pedals the whole time.

>>63630897
>>63630903
Any idea what kind of pitch shifters and delay pedals? And is there a big difference btwn whammy pedals? Thanks for the help btw.
>>
>>63630918
I was there too. The first band was kind of cool but i didn't care at all for the second band and i left before Napalm Death's set.
>>
File: 1458804744104.jpg (35 KB, 493x387) Image search: [Google]
1458804744104.jpg
35 KB, 493x387
>>63630904
>he only has one pedalboard
>not at least 5
It's like he's not even trying
>>
>>63630974
>didn't care for melvins
>left before napalm death

What a faggot you are.
>>
File: 43-Agata-pedals.jpg (660 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
43-Agata-pedals.jpg
660 KB, 1000x750
>>63630956
>>63630974

Yeah Netherlands was pretty cool, Victims was boring. I thought Napalm was great but honest the Casbah is a pretty small place I was very tired of the blast beats and screamed vocals after a while.

Delays he's had pretty much every single Boss delay stompbox ever made, DD-3, DD-5, DD-6, DD-7, I find 7 works the best and its pretty easy to find. He also would use the shifter/delays like PS-2 and PS-3 and set them on maximum delay time and then fuck around with the knobs.

He also has every single Whammy ever made for guitar (check their FB page), any will work good for Melt-Banana type sounds.

>>63630987

I know this is bait but this was his pedalboard before it got too tiring to carry everything, it was good seeing two mac computers and a few ipods on stage when they played a few years back

>>63631003

Melvins just joined them on tour, and MxBx is billed as the opening band so.
>>
I'm sure the guitar player from Alvin & The Chipmunks would know
>>
a fuckload of delays
octave maybe
get like 18 digitech whammies
>>
>>63630713
because no one cared who they were before they put them on
>>
>>63631345
10/10
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.