[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 27
File: Souvlaki.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Souvlaki.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>what you're listening to
>what you're up to
>what you hope to get done this year

pic related.

just decided not to go ahead with the suicide i've been planning for next month.

get my life in order. befriend people who aren't jerks. finish my degree. put out an album!
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 480x360
>>63627185
>spring break for me is at the end of this week, I am going to SaintLucia.

>I hope to get a good start at Hillsdale College. Im going for a double major in Political Science and American History
>>
absu
getting comfy
not being literally poisoned for literally just once this year would be nice
>>
>>63627242
good for you

>>63627255
what's got you down, pills or potions?
>>
File: striborg.jpg (168 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
striborg.jpg
168 KB, 500x500
>listening
Striborg - Spiritual Catharsis

>Up to
Old School Runescape lol

>Hope to get done this year
Overcome some my anxiety and hopefully be able to socialize with people the way I was able to when I was young. I also want to learn how to record, since I've always wanted to release an album. But recording equipment seems expensive.
>>
File: 1518447.jpg (37 KB, 300x295) Image search: [Google]
1518447.jpg
37 KB, 300x295
>spring break is over, I have to go back to my last semester of high school (18) and I'm completely checked out of it and want it to be over. I'm kinda scared to go off to college and be on my own and away from my family

>get laid, get a gf, get six pack abs, anything else is secondary. >figure out what I want to major in and hope I don't get maced for being a conservative at the University of Oregon.
>>
>>63627373
Im excited for college desu. Im going to the conservative Harvard so im upset that there will be no hipster qts but my room mate might be Austrian.
>>
File: Red,_King_Crimson.jpg (54 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
Red,_King_Crimson.jpg
54 KB, 375x375
Nothing. I might have a nap.

Find a Bronco. Find a nice girl/boy
>>
>>63627304
>what's got you down, pills or potions?
jan 1 - march 7: my pot dealer fucking laced my shit with fucking adderall which took 3 fucking weeks to get out of my system
march 8 - march 23: probably one of the worst insect bites I've ever had on my leg which I can only assume was a spider although for spider I guess I'm lucky it didnt necrotize or something
march 24 - march 27: one of the highest and longest fevers I've ever had peaking at 103 and sustained at 102 from a coworkers such extreme negligence it was basically intentional and so qualifies as yet another poisoning

its like my own personal Flint
>>
i'm listening to the undertale soundtrack for the first time (it's nice)

i plan to kiss a really pretty girl by the end of the year, and get into the art school i applied to (should get a letter in maybe a week if i got in, scary shit)
>>
>>63627434
Me too, but I'd be lying if I said part of me wasn't kinda nervous. I mean I've lived in the same place for 18 years and now all of a sudden I'm moving and am out on my own. It's cool and I've been looking forward to it forever but it's just coming up so rapidly.

I wish you luck m8.
The one good thing about U of O is hipster qts are everywhere (and the cheap in state tuition of course).
>>
File: Thurston Moore.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Thurston Moore.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>63627492
Your dealer: retributive or idiotic? Addy fucks with ppl more than they know
That really sucks all in all

>>63627434
>conservative Harvard
(You)

>>63627373
Live it up! haha
UO is chill af
>>
>>63627660
why is Roger Waters in a vaporwave
>>
>>63627660
>Your dealer: retributive or idiotic? Addy fucks with ppl more than they know
>That really sucks all in all
interesting you ask, I think a little bit of both. On the previous bag I called to technically complain although I was nice as fuckign shit and just checking if he got new stuff. If I said anything wrong it would have been that "otherwise I was gonna quit." Then long story short he got a new roommate in a much worse living situation and yet another coincidence he actually refused to make the deal with me and insisted that I make it with his creep new roomamte who I'd only met once before and basically just said hi. They also got this very huge shipment of paraphenalia from china which he's also never done before until this roommate so I'm thinking they may have bought some special solution to do this. I didnt realize what was causing my persistent throat tightness until February 15 when of all things I cleaned my pipe screen. Thats when shit really hit the fan and I called an ambulance because I thought I was having some severe allergic reaction to something. Big surprise the cops came first and ticketed me and now my trial is on 4/20
>>
>>63627845
>I cleaned my pipe screen.
*meaning that for the first time I was actually getting a full power hit
>>
>>63627845
>>63627845
>now my trial is on 4/20
makes it all worth it doesn't it anon
>>
>>63627898
almost and maybe but we shall see

certainly gotta be a good sign I think. My first offense and I was caught because I called a fucking ambulance. They took my blood so if it was really adderall then that should be proof. Kinda fucked up I'm almost not sure I'd really wanna know for sure he did that to me. Just let sleeping dogs lie and all that.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 384x384
Trying to sleep. Im actually dead, you know? So I'm passing time until I get to heaven.

I want to release music, fix things with the person I care about (kek, not going to happen because I've done all I could. It's up to him now..), get to 50,000 followers, learn how to feel again
>>
>>63627991
50k followers on what? that's a dickload, i only have 630 on twittrwe and i only post the dankest mems
>>
good for you OP. i made a similar decision, once i get out of uni residence and back home over the summer i can eat healthy and get in shape. hopefully things get better after that.

listening to pic related while doing an essay.

summer is going to be amazing. spent the last year alone but seeing my high school friends will be good
>>
>>63627660
Hillsdale is known as the consrervitive Harvard of the Midwest
>>
File: Fishing Ocarina of Time.gif (994 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
Fishing Ocarina of Time.gif
994 KB, 500x304
>>63628184
Right on. Having people you can open up might help a lot, right?

I have a really hard time feeling comfortable around people. I deeply crave a sense of connection with other people, but I can't feel it, even when people feel one with me. I dropped out of school, and I've been living at home for a year, hardly getting out of bed.

Idk, I just imagined what the day I'd jump would be like, and I guess it was more concrete this time, and it sorta put my life into starker relief. I honestly think it's more likely that my life will be shit than that it won't be, but that's a chance I'm willing to take.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (252 KB, 942x931) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
252 KB, 942x931
>pic
>tired and posting on 4chan
>get together with some friends and make music
>get gf
>>
slowdive for my first time specifically slouvaki
wondering what the big deal
make a good decision on whether to go to Friday of levitation fest. Flying Lotus is really the only one I'm familiar with.
>>
>>63627373
Oh hey, Portlandfag here
>>
>>63627242
who the fuck asked you
>>
File: 1452744693414.gif (4 MB, 280x154) Image search: [Google]
1452744693414.gif
4 MB, 280x154
>>63627185
>What're you listening to?
A bunch of singles. Combination of going through my entire music library and using RYM suggestions.
Currently on Letter B and this song, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMuo7GFXa0k.
>What're up to?
Browsing /mu/, nothing else. Thinking of maybe playing some games on Steam but nothing interests me enough and I don't want to have to get up to use my ps4 plus it's more difficult to listen to music at the same then.
>What you hope to get done this year?
Get a job. Nothing serious but I'm in college and have yet to be employed anywhere. Been applying but heard nothing back yet. Maybe get into another relationship but I don't know for sure yet.
>>
File: marineros - o marineros.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
marineros - o marineros.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1600
>>63627185
>up to
working on a short story

>hope to
get a job and stop being a 26 year old manchild
>>
>>63629236
>working on short stories
it's okay to be a manchild then
is what i tell myself
>>
File: folder.jpg (40 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
40 KB, 300x300
>>63627185
pic related

>what you're up to
drinking bourbon and coke while listening to pic related

get accepted into film school and save my money so that I'm comfortable when I visit the US later this year :)
>>
>cherry bomb by the runaways
>just woke up hungover, about to re-beer
>hope is for fools
>>
new bob mould
being surprised how good it is
get into bob mould and read his book that I've had over a year
>>
>Reading, Writing and Arithmetic by The Sundays

>Nothing

>Hopefully get my music diploma, although my passion for music has waned thoroughly. Try and beat my anxiety and hopefully get a gf
>>
>>63629698
he has a book??!

i was obsessed with him in my early 20s. tell me more.
>>
>>63629979
autobiography dude

I'm not the biggest reader but when I do I devour it.
>>
>>63629996
ok, i am definitely getting that book.
>>
>>63627970
yeah dont cop from him anymore anon
>>
>>63627373
any /brit/s going to uni this year? I'm heading down to UEA since I like the course and Norwich. Hope its not shit.

>listening to
Cibo Matto - Viva La Woman

>up to
n o t h i n g

>get done this year
Read much more, produce much more. Go to university.
>>
File: NapalmDeath-Scum.jpg (253 KB, 1024x1000) Image search: [Google]
NapalmDeath-Scum.jpg
253 KB, 1024x1000
>>what you're listening to
Napalm Death - Scum
Before I listened to hounds of love, I've been trying to get into kate bush for ages.
>>what you're up to
Wallowing in filth, finishing coursework, probably going to go for a walk at some point
>>what you hope to get done this year
Get into uni to study music, I don't care if I can't get a job after I just want 3 years of what I love
>>
>>63627185
>>what you're listening to
my loud af air conditioner
>>what you're up to
can't sleep
lol
>>
File: Incubus_-_S.C.I.E.N.C.E..jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Incubus_-_S.C.I.E.N.C.E..jpg
64 KB, 500x500
currently drunk shitposting and about to jerk off i think before bed

i just want to go back home
>>
>>63631980

What did you think of Hounds Of Love?
>>
File: The Pine ST.jpg (74 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
The Pine ST.jpg
74 KB, 500x500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFC0dQqcrJ8
Been listening to The Pine all day.
>what you're up to
Just cringing at myself of what I did when I was drunk on Friday.
Get over her.
>>
Mission of Burma
Working all day.
Get out of my apartment and into a house where I can do more wood work like I did before the divorce.
Also I guess maybe find a girlfriend or maybe a nice weekend car.
>>
Currently listening to Champagne Supernova because of another thread.
About to go busking and hoping to really milk the third day of the easter weekend. Living close to a coastal resort is a goldmine in that aspect.

What I hope to do this year: get my band's new album in mild rotation and play a few more gigs than last year and make enough cash that I don't have to worry about having quit my studies and not being employed.

I'll leave you friendly guys a link.
http://lappalie.bandcamp.com/
> folk punk songwriting, part German, part English
>>
>>63632333
the pronunciation thread? that was me who posted the song.
>>
File: 71m0amrc0jL._SL1000_.jpg (184 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
71m0amrc0jL._SL1000_.jpg
184 KB, 1000x1000
Listening to pic related

>what you're up to
playing dark souls

Lose weight, get to hang out with new people and have fun before I go into the army
>>
>>63632155
I liked it much better than The Dreaming, more focused I think (although the dreaming is meant to be scattershot right)
>>
>>63632393
Very much so, at least to me
>>
>>63632371
Yep. Just went to have a shower and sang it again while washing my hair. Thanks for the reminder, hadn't listened to it for a while.
>>
>>63627185
I'm glad you decided not to go through with it anon, go forth and achieve

>listening to
Born to Run, I'm working a shit-ass job so I can make enough money to see the world and this album helps me feel like I can get the fuck away from here one day.

>what you're up to
Working my shit-ass job and trying not to fall asleep during a 12 hour shift on 4 hours' sleep.

Save enough money for a month abroad, and finally stop worrying so much about plotting every last detail of my book and actually begin writing it.
>>
File: Folder.jpg (3 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
3 KB, 200x200
>>63627185

>Spending time with my mom

>Trying to find a way to follow my gf to Vienna for the college studies. Being poor is the biggest lifeblock ever i swear. Try to grow an inch taller, there is still hope, 5'10 would be very good. Train my mental stability to higher levels, be smarter than ever. Learn a thing or two in college.
>>
File: foolaround.jpg (59 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
foolaround.jpg
59 KB, 500x485
Playing Majora's Mask and trying to prepare for starting a new job tomorrow

Sort my life out and start to feel like an adult. Hoping the new job'll go well, I'll move out and maybe even get a gf or more friends. Got a trip to America planned as well which should be awesome.
>>
MGLA - Exercises in futility.
>what you're up to
Studying
I wanna record an album, I already got all the songs and I'm waiting on a buddy of mine to lend me the equipment (if he doesn't anytime soon I'll probably ust get a shit analog recorder and do it the classic way, which would be nice since the project has some lofi aspirations). Meanwhile I'm working on songs for the next album and trynna fuck
>>
-Basemath by Rozz Dylliams
-public bus ride
-I hope to do what I'm already doing
>>

Mgla Exercises in futility

>what you're up to

Studying (kinda)

I want to record an album I've had ready since last summer. I'm waiting on a buddy of mine to lend me the equipment and hopefully I can learn the basics of digital recording (if he doesn't anytime soon I'll just buy a shit ass recorder and do it the classic style, which I also wanna learn). Meanwhile I'm working on songs for the album after that one and trynna fuck
>>
>>63632871
Double post, sorry. The page told me there had been an error so I ust typed it all again
>>
>>63632708
What's gonna be your new job?
>>
>>63628381
>I deeply crave a sense of connection with other people, but I can't feel it, even when people feel one with me
I feel this. Just trying to wait untill it happens, which is actually keeping me interested enough in life
>>
File: YBMV2.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
YBMV2.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
Looking at the sky getting brighter, finna sleep.
/////
I wanna get closer to my boyfriend, maybe become funnier.
>>
File: BWWqi8T.png (959 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
BWWqi8T.png
959 KB, 800x600
>>63628753
caribou will have a good show at least.
iirc flylo's live show is disappointing as hell

>>63629236
post what you've got so far

>>63632267
been there... ppl have a lot shorter memory than you might think

>>63632708
wtf i just started playing majora's mask yesterday

>>63632963
yeah. i don't want to idealize the thing, but i do feel empty in a way that ppl around me seem not to.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-28-14-31-58.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-28-14-31-58.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
I'm listening to pic related, I'm relaxing on a bank holiday Monday and I'm off to University this year because I already got an unconditional offer so I'm just coasting through the rest of my college course, doing whatever work I want to do and not worrying about what my idiot of a tutor thinks of it.
>>
>>63629236
Post what you got of the short story brah
>>
File: why.jpg (51 KB, 657x370) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
51 KB, 657x370
>Mac DeMarco
>sitting on my computer at 3:40AM not wanting to sleep hoping the next day never arrives
>be able to pay the bills
>>
File: 81pHEVJH1DL._SL1425_.jpg (435 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
81pHEVJH1DL._SL1425_.jpg
435 KB, 1425x1425
>>63627185
Start producing with FL studio (maybe get an akai to help me with that)

Learn how to drive

Get a min wage job
>>
>>63633764
>college and uni being two different things
You must be British?
>>
>>63628638
this is amazing
>>
Delilah - Anderson East

Sitting, waiting.

Gain weight and find a girlfriend and my purpose in life.
>>
needle in the camel's eye
watching T & E
i don't know, make another comic or something
>>
>>63634670
Yep I do an art and design course and I've been accepted into a 3D design course
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.