[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it cool to like Fleet Foxes now? You guys made fun of me for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: album_fleet_foxes.jpg (145 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
album_fleet_foxes.jpg
145 KB, 550x550
Is it cool to like Fleet Foxes now? You guys made fun of me for it six years ago.
>>
/mu/ makes fun of literally everyone. you shouldn't be worrying about whether or not it's "cool" to like certain music, especially with bands like fleet foxes who are so openly & unironically sentimental and idealistic.

also, they're one of my favorite groups and i could talk about them all day
>>
>>63624775
Cool! I'm looking to expand my folk horizons. I mostly listen to European stuff like Kim Larsen and neofolk, so I'd like to see what it's like in America.

Should I start with s/t?
>>
>>63624867
Listen to CSNY and Joanna Newsom
>>
>>63624892
>CSNY
Not sure why I never listened to these guys before. Thanks for the recommendation!
>>
>>63624618
Don't take things too seriously.
I really like FF.
We'll have to wait a while for a new album though
>>
>>63625919
Robin Pecknold is done with school and has been performing new songs while opening for Joanna Newsom, but it's not said if they're for FF or a solo album
>>
>>63625027
american folk music is really diverse and wonderful. fleet foxes definitely borrow from baroque pop and english folk music as well, especially on their s/t. Helplessness Blues is more American. To be honest i haven't heard any bands that really do what they do.

but these albums definitely influenced them:
>astral weeks - van morrison
>after the gold rush - neil young
>parsley, sage, rosemary & thyme - simon & garfunkel
>pet sounds - the beach boys (not so much folk, but the production & instrumentation is similar)
>>
>>63624867
It's p entry level but you should listen to the album forever changes by love. It's like the best album ever tbqh and it's p similar to fleet faxes
>>
>>63624867
Check out Pinegrove's new album Cardinal, alt folk/country with a very emo feel
>>
>>63626091
WAIT WHAT

He finished college?
This is great news.
I hope it's a new FF album. Tillman is good at that, but he's a seasoned soloist, and I just want a FF album after almost 5 years.
>>
>>63626217
Tillman was barely a part of FF, at least in a songwriting capacity. It's great that Robin is back to touring and likely writing though. Hopefully we'll get an album by the end of next year if not early
>>
Love FF. Robin's voice is god tier
>>
>>63626554
Yeah, I hope we get one soon.
I'd say that Tillman was a big influence on Helplessness Blues, at least on how varied the instrumentation got when compared to s/t.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.