[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any other bands that could ape an old style to a T,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Tame_Impala_Lonerism_Cover.jpg (34 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Tame_Impala_Lonerism_Cover.jpg
34 KB, 300x300
Are there any other bands that could ape an old style to a T, but they slowly transitioned out of it?
I'm really impressed with how seamlessly this integrates 60s revivalism with modern psych pop.
>>
You're about to get memed
>>
>>63624429
Please no.
I have a wife and children.
>>
>>63624412

I'm just gonna say it now before this thread gets ruined, Lonerism is probably the greatest album ever. Better than OK Computer, better than Loveless, I know shoot me, I swear this album changed my life, its so magical this is my favorite song

right when the guitar kicks in with all the layered effects 38 seconds in

https://youtu.be/4iNixYKN58g?t=38s
>>
I swear there is some sort of conspiracy going on on /mu/ to try to make TI the most hated band on this board by posting threads about them every single day.
Like you need to force /mu/ to hate on something, just wait for it to get too mainstream and watch this board ditch it, in fact it's already happening.
>>
>>63624497
more like a wife and chicken
>>
>>63624619
what if the person posting the threads actually likes them and wants them to get mainstream?
>>
>>63624619
it's the same thing that happened with st vincent, except slower
>>
>>63624619
Didn't mean to shove it down anyone's throat. If you can think of a better example of what I'm talking about, I'm all ears.
>>63624667
Thread, singular. I haven't made any others and this one's not really about them either.
Yeah though, I did love the first two albums at least. Not so much the third, but I'll see where they go next.
>>
Literally King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

Their early albums where they pretend to be Ramones are shit
>>
can't stand tame impala because you fucktards keep spamming them
innerspeaker>currents>lonerism
>>
>>63625157
how could you possibly like currents better than lonerism
what is wrong with u m8
>>
>>63625106
Oh yeah, they definitely fit. Should listen to more of that.
>>63625026
/mu/ hates Annie now? I swear, the moment I let my eyes off you guys...
>>
>>63625181
Lonerism got stale real fast. listen to more psych music.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy1D-EewVMs
>>
>>63625337
>make buttrock
>call it psych

Stop this meme
>>
>>63625337
how did it get stale, it the most interesting prog pop they've done...
>>
>>63625403
nah not at all. only songs I can manage listening too anymore is endors toi/nothing has happened
rest is just sounds outdated compared to everything on innerspeaker and the first half of currents

Pond is making better psych pop anyway.
>>
>>63625462
i like endors toi and everything but its easily the most languid spaced out track on there and if anything its the most uninteresting. and nothing happened so far is a B side, its great but a nice album finisher nothing spectacular compared to tracks like Keep On Lying or the ending to Sun's Coming Up

It doesnt sound outed to me at all, its very neo psychedelic very in the now in the present situation, innerspeaker sounds dated, kevin wanted to make a "comfortable album" so its no surprise its his most 60s/70s sounding one
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.