[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your honest opinion on The Life Of Pablo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: life-of-pablo.jpg (100 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
life-of-pablo.jpg
100 KB, 700x700
What was your honest opinion on The Life Of Pablo?
>>
>>63622246
I really liked it its probably his 3rd or 4th best album
>>
Album of the decade
>>
Enjoyable. Nothing particularly special about it but nothing terrible about it. 7/10 very average album.
>>
>>63622272
>>63622270
Really? I felt like the whole thing seemed unfinished, I really like Kanye but this album was a miss for me, I loved 30 hours and Ultralight beam though
>>
The actual worse Kanye album. Unfocused, very few strong tracks, if any, worse features of his career, just a mess and a hugely disappointing followup to Yeezus.
>>
>>63622307
It was really underwhelming for me at first for me but after a couple listens all the songs really grew on me
>>
>>63622246
Better than MBDTF

Every track on the latter, save the first four, felt too long

This was a good composite of Kanye in general, it felt like a little of everything and also felt sonically minimal and very aware of spacing which I really enjoyed. His tightest work Imogen, not necessarily his best.
>>
>>63622246
I did not like it at all. Obviously, the production/mixing/mastering and all that are completely awful. On top of that, Kanye displays some of his worst lyrics yet. His lyrics are either forgettable or unforgettable for all of the wrong reason. It barely feels like a Kanye West album.
It's sort of embarrassing actually. I'd give it a decent to strong 3.

Yeezus is significantly better.
>>
>>63622307
100% agree
>>
Best shit since Yeezus. 2016 is already done.
>>
>>63622359
Dang dude MBDTF was my favorite, I feel like it's leagues ahead of Pablo
>>
>>63622246

insufferable
>>
>>63622303
>7/10
>very average album

my god, kill yourself
>>
>>63623007
7/10 is literally the definition of "average"
>>
>>63623007
>autism.txt
>>
>>63623007
I think he means average in the context of a Kanye album senpai.
>>
>>63622303
>>63624179
Try baiting harder next time
>>
It wasn't as offensively bad as everyone says it is. The Tidal exclusivity and "updating tracks" are stupid though.
>>
>>63624179
>>63625488

this is what happens when you have posters still in grade school
>>
>>63622246
shit
>>
>>63622246
Worse than Yeezus. Kanye's going downhill fast.
>>
Horrible midsection and easily his second worst
>>
>>63622246
I actually like this album a lot more than his other ones, CD is still his best album. The Gospel influence is what makes this album so good.
>>
Yeezus > TLOP > MBDTF > 808s > college trilogy with its poorly-mixed, uninspired, repetitive beats

Yeezus gets at most a 7/10 from me, tho
>>
>>63625624
this is correct. still some good tracks on it though, so it's not a complete waste.
>>
>>63625755
>yeezus
>best
I mean if you just like it better than the others than I suppose that's cool.
But dude there is much better shit with that same sound.
But hey, you might know that, and hence your lack of enthusiasm so whatever
>>
Felt unfinished but isn't garbage
It felt like Kanye actually tried and the album is filled with good ideas. This alone is enough to make me appreciate it a lot
At the same time it is filled with bad ideas too. Bad ideas that any sane producer would say "Something needs to be done about that" but Kanye is too full of himself to actually edit shit out.

I'd give it a 7.5/10 and put it somwhere in the middle of Yeezy's discography
>>
It made Yeezus sound listenable by comparison
>>
9/10
Better every time I listen to it
>>
>>63625958
Yeah I know there's much better stuff out there, Yeezus is basically "let's get Arca and Gesaffelstein to ape Death Grips and then rap about Kanye shit on top." It's still the first Kanye album I actually enjoyed, though; see above for why I don't like his first three, and then 808s is cool for its artistic vision but pretty questionable on execution, and MBDTF's think-tank approach resulted in some neat genre-transcending production but is full of absolute trash lyrics.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.