[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neil Peart Hype
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Why is Neil Peart considered the best drummer of all time by most plebs?

It seems like the average math rock drummer could give him a run for his money, or am I missing something?
>>
He's a very good drummer. Maybe not the best of all time but saying "he's not that good" or "he actually sucks" is contrarianism.
>>
>>63613444
I am contesting only that he is considered "the best drummer of all time".

I know he's good, and so are at this point thousands of other drummers across nearly every genre of rock.
>>
>>63613333
His playing techinque was very innovative for its time
>>
>>63613333
A big part of why he's considered the very best is because of how big his drum kit is. People see 30-something piece kit and see that he plays it well and assume he must be the best even if they don't know very much about drumming.
>>
>>63613693
That's an extremely superficial assessment or you're pretending to be retarded
>>
>>63613693
are serious? or are you just retarded?
>>
He's a good drummer but if he didn't have a good sounding kit he'd sound like shit
My point being if he was playing a 200$ set he wouldn't sound that good
>>
>>63615213
Are there drummers for which that is not true? What makes the difference?
>>
>>63615231
https://youtu.be/3SziF4mesPA
>>
>>63615289
And you're telling me Neil Peart can't do that?
>>
>>63615213

I disagree, the drumkit you're playing on matters, sure, but a great drumkit wont make a shit drummer better
>>
He has fantastic stamina even in his old age.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.