[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All My Demons Greeting Me as a Friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
Now that surely more of you have check this out, what do you think of it?
>>
Well?
>>
Haven't listened to the full thing yet, maybe tonight. But checked out a bunch of the singles and I'm not gonna lie. I'm mildly optimistic. The singles were pretty cool. Runaway is a really well executed track, her vocals are unique and make me interested.
Production is sounds pretty good.

So yeah, optimistic.
>>
File: CcJhN7WUUAAlSeE.jpg (127 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
CcJhN7WUUAAlSeE.jpg
127 KB, 960x960
>>63611266
personally i think the non singles are better, and there are some cool bonus tracks as well. My personal favorite is Black Water Lilies. Overall the album is really good, im not into number ratings but ive been playing it nonstop since yesterday.
>>
>>63611334
That's cool, I'll probably end up listening to the deluxe version.
I've already gone back to some of the singles a few times. Listened to Running with the Wolves about 5 times now.
>>
File: 1459024395366.png (403 KB, 750x1125) Image search: [Google]
1459024395366.png
403 KB, 750x1125
>>63611380
wolves is great. Check out some live performances if you havent already - shes pretty interesting on stage.
>>
is that really what it's called? holy fuck what an awful title
>>
>>63611436
right? its hard to remember, but she does explain it and it kindof makes sense. She basically says that everyone has demons(problems) and they shape you into who you are today and make you better because of it. Later on in life you look back at those "demons" and they greet you as a friend, meaning these "demons" may have been bad when you were dealing with them but later when you look back in retrospect, these "demons" have actually made you stronger.

still a stupid title though
>>
File: 1428857910030.jpg (343 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1428857910030.jpg
343 KB, 1080x1080
>>63611502
I kinda like the name, it's the artwork that's throwing me off
>>
shes genuinely autistic
>>
>>63611723
i feel like she has a weird obsession with butterflys/moths. They are all over her insta and she always wears a butterfly hair pin, sometimes even two. I think its kinda cute tbqh.
>>
>>63611110
Scandinavian songs are deep and dark, and her music isn't different, there is this thing in every art made in those countries. So, she has a great voice, nice lyrics for her age ...but she's going to the shit comercial pop way, and this ruins the deep original thing she has. Look to Warrior or Conqueror, great deep lyrics with a content non-original beat.
>>
>>63611955
>Look to Warrior or Conqueror, great deep lyrics
theyre great songs, but literally every other song on the album has deeper lyrics. Warrior and Conqueror are her mainstream appeal songs.
>>
link me senpai
>>
File: CctH7SiW8AABU02.jpg (85 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CctH7SiW8AABU02.jpg
85 KB, 600x600
>>63612562
here you are friend

https://mega.nz/#F!hI4BHYxD
>>
>>63612872
oops use this https://mega.nz/#F!hI4BHYxD!t9qyuxEDfYHLgr7VCZ8JJA
>>
>>63612897
thanks love you
>>
It's pretty good, I've had on heavy rotation the last couple of days.
>>
>>63613082
same, what are you favorite tracks?
>>
Running With The Woles, Winter Bird and Black Water Lilies are pretty good.Not really into Lucky or Through The Eyes of a Child. Overall a lot of decent tracks on the album.
What are yours?
>>
>>63613255
Runaway, Black Water Lilies, Home, I Went Too Far and Under The Water are my favorities. BWL being my #1. There really isnt a bad song on the whole thing though.
>>
meh desu
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 387x298) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 387x298
mfw Oasis's ex-manager thinks her cover of Half the World Away is rubbish
>>
>>63614074
is that surprising? He probably kissed their ass the whole time he worked for them.
>>
>>63611110
that title sounds like it was made by an ESL
>>
>>63611725
which is good artistic-wise
>>
why does scandinavia have such high quality pop music?
>>
whos this
>>
>>63614396
What are some other good artists from there?
>>
>>63614636
MO and Lykke Li are scandinavian aswell.
>>
>>63614636
Susanne Sundfor
>>
>>63614723
Thanks. I can't wait to hear what other Scandinavians sound like.
>>
>>63614744
You might also want to check out Oh Land aswell, she has a couple of good albums.
>>
>>63614423
Aurora
>>
>>63614396
iamamiwhoami
el perro del mar
molly nilsson
karin park
>>
I don't know if there's anyone here.
I just finished listening to All my Demons...
And wrote up a first impressions review. I currently have it rated a 3.0 being above average on my rating system. I enjoyed it but there's too much filler and her vocals seem wasted with the production backing them.
There's too many songs where the production felt out of place to warrant anything above a 3.0 from me. Her vocals are great and very well executed, lyrics are great aswell but I can't help but feel like the production doesn't suite her voice at all. It is just a first impressions review so maybe my opinions will change over more listens but I will say i am looking forward to her sophomore LP
>>
>>63615316
decent first impression. What is your ration system? (3/?)

I disagree about the production though, i think its pretty balanced from a style standpoint which i think is good. The normal version of the album is only 12 songs which i think is a good length. The deluxe version can seem a bit long though for sure.
>>
>>63615433
3/5 Which for me is above average.

I like the more ambient pop and chamber focused production like on songs like Through the Eyes of a Child and Running with the Wolves. I genuinly enjoyed those more controlled and as you mentioned balanced tracks.
But songs like Conqueror, Murder song, Under the Water, I went too far and Winter Bird. The production is far to heavy and beat driven for her vocal style. If it was toned down a slight bit on these specific tracks they may have been more enjoyable. that's just me though.
>>
>>63615609
thats understandable. I think the album will quickly grow on you, it has for me.
>>
I want to take her seriously, but the whole package is so glossy and commercial. It tries to sell on indie credz, but it's just too professional and calculated for me.

Also, I don't actually like the music, because I hate indie pop that is mistaken as deep because it has a bleak sound. Speaking as a fellow Scandinavian.
>>
>>63615776
she doesnt come off "glossy and commercial" at all to me. She seems pretty original and genuine compared to the rest of the lot.
>>
she should just sing on voccaroo and still sound perfect to be desu. all the productions are unnecessary for her
>>
>>63616002
>tfw Aurora will never sing you a bedtime song
>>
>>63615776
>>63616002
I think her songs will be better with an acoustic versions or a strange industrial beat, like Björk
>>
>>63616274
She actually said Björk and Wardruna (a folkloric ambient viking group from the same city of Aurora) are her inspirations
>>
Reminds me of something...
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.