[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
nah but for real how do i write abstract lyrics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 31WSNMBXVVL.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
31WSNMBXVVL.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
nah but for real how do i write abstract lyrics
>>
Eat a lot of junk food
>>
Big words, pretentious imagery
>>
>>63607975
>Go to art school, get depressed
>Drop out
>Move in with some other depressed art school dropouts, get them to make a hip hop group with you
>Take some drugs
>Get a thesaurus, get some papers, get a pen
>???
>P R O F I T
>>
read books
>>
take acid and watch silent and abstract college films until you hear train noises at all times
>>
>>63607975
drop acid, read poetry, watch a clockwork orange and listen to classical music.
>>
dont allow yourself to get in the way of truth.

you are the single least important thing in the universe. so is everybody you love, & everybody youve ever met. this is the concept of total lack of meaning.

in the scale of the cosmos, humanitys total existence has been an afterthought- immeasurably short. this is the concept of impermanence.

millions of people are crushed, asphyxiated, exsanguinated, or shot every day. this is mortality.

most people dont totally comprehend these issues. some of them are scaled in a way that the human brain cannot fully do so. regardless- the best art & the most exquisitely ethereal concepts are created with remarkable consistency by the most pathetic, humiliated, wretched dregs of society. i personally think that incredible trauma can force the mind to understand its place in the universe. whatever their origin, the most humble of or society are elevated to the highest position of them all- those who understand who we are, & can illuminate that truth for the rest of us. the upshot is that most of these people also tend to enjoy life with the fullest vivacity- they just dont give a damn about stupid issues

get out & travel, see people suffering & laughing, figure out who we are, & show us.

out just what >>63608343 said i dont fucking know
>>
>>63607975
use predictive text on your phone and see what comes of it
>>
>>63608019
lmao
>>
>>63608615
Sounds interesting experience in my car now they're condemning the synesthesia and that can sustain to be meaningfully part of black raspberry sauce.
>>
>>63608053
this is your first step
after that it's easy, just think of an emotion, then think of a way to describe that emotion, then add some flowery language and obtuseness to that description, then keep repeating that process until you've got a song
>>
get higher than fuck and watch children's shows
>>
>>63608492
well said
>>
>>63608492
>rejecting the spiritual dimensions

kek
>>
>>63608615
Le irony meme
>>
drugs and abstract thinking
writing down all the weird shit that comes to mind
>>
abstact lyrics are going to be awful unless you go all out with weird everything like cL did
>>
>>63607975

it's really not that difficult

you just have to teach yourself to stop thinking confined in structures and rules and shit

it helps if you're a little autistic
>>
>>63607975
be genuine.
Nobody is anymore. so there is value in that
>>
>>63608053
just like reading poems will make you a good director...
>>
think of the situation you want to talk about. talk about specifics of that situation, how it makes you feel, your surroundings, details etc...without saying what's going on outright.
>>
post some examples of abstract lyrics you consider either great or terrible, or something you wrote yourself
are there any 'rules' or standards for abstract lyricism? is there a specific trick for interpreting them? i'm genuinely interested
>>
>>63607975
Just write shit that might have something visually appealing in the writing but not make any sense
>>
Just write. Don't subject to rules or guidelines

Julia Holter does some nice abstract-ish lyrics
>>
>>63612734
few people will consider any abstract rapper terrible, unless they hate abstract rappers as whole. shows you what most "underground" heads settle for.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.