[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is actually pretty good. signing to OVO was career suicide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 750576da.jpg (87 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
750576da.jpg
87 KB, 658x658
this is actually pretty good. signing to OVO was career suicide tho lmao
>>
>>63605181
Album of the year so far but yeah he's fucked lmao
>>
>>63605181
has this leaked or something?
>>
>>63605313
yeah google the zip or stream it on apple music
>>
>>63605181
>>63605194
>>63605330
>>63605313
Who even
>>
>>63605194
"Album of the year" lol
>>
>best song is a cover of an elliot smith song
>>
I'm so excited to listen to this. I've been listening to them since I first heard With Me on OVO Sound Radio. Kinda got me interested in checking out all the R&B they reference in the mean time.
>>
>>63607279
Name a better album
>>
I really don't get why everyone on /mu/ keeps saying they're generic Toronto "alternative" OVO meme R&B.

They're really not at all desu. Got some real classic R&B influence.
>>
>>63607294
lmao i noticed that. this album was putting me to sleep then that song came on and i didn't realize it was the same chords from angeles. only quality song and its a rip off.
>>
>>63605181
I wonder how Roy Woods is gonna do
>>
>>63609225
Probably not very well because OVO doesn't know how to market their artist.

PartyNextDoor and Majid Jordan are their most marketable artists and none of them have had any real significance or sold a decent amount of copies.

Plus it doesn't seem like Roy has any real variance with his music. His voice is pretty cool and unique but his sound is so samey.
>>
wtf are u guys memeing
this is trash?
PND is decent out of the ovo concentration camp
>>
>>63610367
What don't you like about it?
>>
>>63610367
its not Majid Jordan trash. it's decent. PnD fucking blows one trick pony
>>
>>63610398
PND 1 was good
next album was shit
>>
I feel like I'm the only person on /mu/ who really fucking loves this album. I guess that's because /mu/ doesn't tend to like R&B unless it's that weird alternative shit like Jai Paul.

This is gonna be my go-to late night album for years to come.
>>
>>63611015
>doesn't tend to like R&B
D'angelo, How to Dress Well, JMSN, Jai Paul, FKA Twigs are all liked on this board. sorry your very safe and predictable toronto r&B doesn't cut it.
>>
>>63611058
Yeah these are all more alternative R&B artists.

This really isn't Toronto R&B though. This is like standard R&B. I mean yeah I guess it's got a bit of that modern Toronto influence with the bass and shit but it's still very much R&B that takes a lot of influence from the classics.

This isn't like a PND or a Majid Jordan or a Bryson Tiller.
>>
>>63610426
PND would be great if he focused more on the stuff he did on IYRTITL
>>
Download link anyone?
>>
jacquees is better
>>
>>63611798
google you wasteyute
>>
>>63611798
http://dopefile.pk/5y4av7feihzj
>>
>>63611800
They aren't even fucking comparable.

Jacquees is like one of them mainstream pop R&B niggas like Chris Brown, Trey Songz, August Alsina, etc.

I really like his voice, it's got a really unique twang to it but his music is pretty average desu senpai.
>>
>>63607004
who is this tho
>>
>>63607004
>>63612757
dvsn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7LBse25QP8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBYbhZreprc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwDVKqAYbEw
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.