[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So basically, I've been listening to this since spring break
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: astral weeks.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
astral weeks.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
So basically, I've been listening to this since spring break and holy fuck i cant stop.

I know Van Morrison didn't do anything else that was quite like this (except Veedon Fleece, which is in my library right now), but are there any other albums like Astral Weeks. I mean damn, I think this album may have almost brought a tear to my eye.
>>
nice little bump
>>
Check out Stormcock by Roy Harper
>>
>>63602194
Alice Coltrane - Divine Songs

spiritual as fuck
>>
>>63602574
Will do, thank you kindly
>>
>>63602681
Thanks for the suggestion
>>
File: folder.png (483 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
folder.png
483 KB, 500x500
>>63602574
One of my favourite albums of all time. Great rec.

>>63602687
Also check out pic related, and her other album. Beautiful fusion of chamber folk (which is what Astral Weeks and Stormcock are) and country rock with spiritual themes. I think you'd love it.
>>
File: folder.jpg (52 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
52 KB, 640x640
>>63604231
Sorry it's kinda hard to read the title. It's Judee Sill - s/t. Her other album is called Heart Food and it's just as fantastic.

Also check out pic related; it's not quite as melodic as Astral Weeks or any of Judee Sill's stuff that I've mentioned but its arrangements are fucking gorgeous. If you are at all familiar with Leonard Cohen, the singer sounds like an Italian version of him.

The genre you should aim to explore is "chamber folk", you'll find a lot like Astral Weeks (although it's difficult to find anything quite as good).
>>
>>63604231
>>63604265
Cool, I'll add them to the list.
>>
add these too

Tim Buckley - Happy Sad
Karen Dalton - In My Own Time
>>
>>63602194
I know your same pain, OP. Listened to Astral Weeks for the first time last week after putting it off for too long, and it's been on repeat ever since. The Joanna Newsoms and Fleet Foxes of the world don't do it as well anymore. Honestly the closest thing I can think of to Astral Weeks' atmosphere is Talk Talk's last two albums (i.e. The good ones).
>>
IF I VENTURED IN THE SLIPSTREAM

For whatever reason this album is linked in my mind with Scott 4 by Scotty Waka
>>
File: rw.jpg (13 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
rw.jpg
13 KB, 259x194
ryler walker 100% senpai. seriously, I'm fucking serious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96qBM4LL2ps
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.