[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
misunderstood geniuses in music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: rivers cuomo 1994.jpg (34 KB, 357x540) Image search: [Google]
rivers cuomo 1994.jpg
34 KB, 357x540
i want to know who /mu/ believes are true geniuses musically who arent typically thought to be geniuses and why. i think rivers cuomo WAS a genius during the blue/pinkerton years, but then was overcome with other opinions and began to make commercial shit, but thank god he started to come back to his senses in 2014.
kanye is debatable in my opinion, who do you guys think of?
>>
moby
>>
Rivers Cuomo was never a genius, just good at emotional bullshit.
Kanye isn't a genius either.

Avey Tare, now there's a secret genius.
>>
Kanye is an actual idiot who reckons himself a genius, not a misunderstood genius.

"I am a proud non-reader of books"

I can maybe understand he doesn't want to be influenced by other people's ideas, but it's hard to learn without the knowledge from books.
>>
>>63599761
yea because he hears colours right
>>
>>63599761
avey tare im on the fence with. he has a couple good works w anco but other than that i dont think there is anything too great. makes great music though
>>
J Mascis
Mike Sknner
>>
>>63599870
funny with the skinner
>>
>>63599905
how so?
>>
>>63599783
a real musical genius would definitely be able to create something great without much knowledge of other peoples ideas thats said i think kanyes more of an high functioning autistic savant
>>
>>63599991
his work is average at best
>>
>>63600296
if it were ever needed before...
>implying
>>
>>63600323
what?
>>
>>63600409
original pirate material is raw and low fi british hip hop
a grand don't come for free is one of the greatest concept albums this side of 1990's
The hardest way to make an easy living nails the vile details of the music bis and being bigger than you intended yet not big enough for anyone to give a shit
cyberspace and reds, a throw-away album, is filled with nothing but bangers.
People percieve him as some rat faced cunt who snorted too much coke but he's way, way more. He's a genius
>>
Weezer is probably one of my favorite bands of all time, but Rivers is definitely not a genius of any sort.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.