[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you enjoy it as much as I did?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: borsmerzvcover.jpg (85 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
borsmerzvcover.jpg
85 KB, 740x740
Did you enjoy it as much as I did?
>>
Exactly as much as you.
>>
Damn, they're touring that shit too. Only going to CA though :'(
>>
off topic: I respect people who enjoy listening to Merzbow and other harsh noise artists. But here are doubts: I once read a post from someone saying he enjoyed listening to Merzbow because it's very relaxing since it's music without message, theme etc. So if most people who enjoy listening to Merzbow it's because they find it very relaxing, how do you make a difference between a weak Merzbow album and a good one? If you enjoy his music, then you should love all of his albums equally. So how come on RYM i.e. all of his albums have different rates?
Or does Merzbow have a distinctive path and evolution like other artists? What is your favorite album from Merzbow and why is it better than other releases?
Seriously, i'm not writting this as baite, i simply wish to have a normal conversation regarding Merzbow. Excuse my ignorance, it's obvious that i never listened to a Merzbow album all the way through, i don't know what kind of mood i have to be in order to do it.
>>
>>63599425
Well, just because it doesn't have a "message" delivered by lyrics doesn't mean it can't be judged. And I'd disagree that it doesn't have themes... I think all music has a theme. It all represents a specific aspect of its culture or else it couldn't exist. It's a product of the artist's interpretation of his/her culture. Whether it's ambient, noise, or whatever. And within the individual songs, there is coherence, motion, and development.

Here's what I recommend: go on soundcloud or bandcamp and listen to noise by random artists. You'll inevitably hear some shit that's just... poorly executed. Then listen to a merzbow album and you'll hear the difference. You'll hear a difference in production qualities, in the creativity of the sounds he uses, in the overall professionalism of the piece.
>>
>>63599425
Nah, I get it. It's a fair question to ask. For me, it's all up to personal taste, but like many other artists Merzbow likes to do different things for different releases, for example take merzbient or music for bondage performance and compare it to works like pulse demon or even gensho. I think when it comes to merzbow, or any noise act for that matter, people go and try to find a technique they enjoy and try to find more of it.
>>
Also this guy
>>63599641
>>
>>63599354

Wait Merzbow is gonna be on the Boris tour too?
>>
>has never been mentioned on /mu/ before
>fantano includes it in a video, and suddenly it is here
>>
>>63599763
boris and merzbow are posted constantly, you can't be serious
>>
>>63599763
Jokes on you, I've been listening to it before the melon head mentioned it.
>>
>>63599738
upon further inspection, probably not.
>>
>>63599763
ive seen it mentioned a few times in the past week or so
>>
>>63599641
>>63599671
Both your comments make very sense. Obviously there must be reasons to why Merzebow is enjoyed by more people than other harsh noise artists and i don't go into the whole "they are simply pretending" argument, i think that's a very dumb thing to say.
I actually really enjoy stars of the lid, but since i've only listened to two albums i can't say anything about their path.
But Merzbow is on a whole other level for me.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.