[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: artists you don't necessarily think are bad, but are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
ITT: artists you don't necessarily think are bad, but are just really boring.
>>
Black Dice, Stars of the Lid, The For Carnation

I was recommended to them all because I liked similar artists but I don't get where the appeal is.
>>
>>63585545
this

also U2, Queen, the Police, Les Razilles Dénudés
>>
>>63585510
saw them live, I do appreciate kevin parker as a studio artist but their live show was so technically perfect that it turned out to be quite boring
>>
>>63585510

I see this album cover and innerspeaker all over /mu/. I finally sat down to listen to them and was really underwhelmed.

I kept getting the feeling that they were trying to write Interpol songs with a casio keyboard and Tears for Fears samples.
>>
>>63585644

You have to admit their sound is amazing though, it's like hearing an HD version of their discography

But yeah, there was no experimentation/extended versions of songs which surprised me for a psych band
>>
>>63585510
Drake and Childish Gambino
I was recommended for both but couldn't really get into them
>>
>>63585668
>>>>>>>he thinks they're psych

They're a reverb slathered Beatles tribute
>>
>>63585668
Yeah that was what turned me off, I was expecting something with worse quality technically speaking but with some psychedelic experience that would make it a different experience from listening to the record itself
although what I got was the concert with better sound quality I've been to tbqh
>>
>>63585510
Sweet Trip
Kendrick Lamar
>>
>>63585510
>>63585716
Couldn't agree more
>>
>>63585510
Yes, Rush, Jethro Tull. Basically any prog rock band that isn't Pink Floyd or Genesis.
>>
radiohead

but yeah, they're bad
>>
>>63585852
Radiohead and AnCo fucking suck
>>
>>63585852
Honestly as a fan I can totally see why people think this. It's boring white boy music but it's good boring white boy music.
>>
>>63585510
Olivia Tremor Control, Windy and Carl, The Sea and Cake, Guided By Voices.

Like you said, not bad, just boring. Lesson learned: don't take recs from people who haven't bought records since the late 90's.
>>
>>63585934
>>63585852
lol
>>
Galaxie 500
Adult Jazz
The Durutti Column
Death Grips
Camper Van Beethoven
Bark Psychosis
Mikal Cronin
Adult Mom
The Radio Dept
Viet Cong
Protomartyr
>>
Elliot Smith
Pavement
>>
AnCo
>>
>>63586013
So basically you're a tumblr faggot
>>
>>63585716
they have better drum work than Ringo
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.