[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is this shit? I'm not trying to be an asshole.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 01 - Cover.png (4 MB, 1643x1631) Image search: [Google]
01 - Cover.png
4 MB, 1643x1631
What the fuck is this shit? I'm not trying to be an asshole. I listen to most of the albums recommended here, but this was fucking shit! It's literally just noise, for fucks sake, To Here Knows When and Loomer were the only semi-decent songs. Is this a fucking meme to post this album? Even the Aldean faggots have a more listenable album. People shit on Death Grips a lot, and I'm not fanboy but they're more listenable than this garbage. Can someone tell me what the fuck is going on here?
>>
>>63584975
listen to it again
>>
>>63584980
Ok you obviously like the album, can you tell me why? What are the merits of this album? Seriously it sounds like my old computer's dying hard drive.
>>
File: kevinshields.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
kevinshields.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>63584975
>Can someone tell me what the fuck is going on here?

It tested you, and you failed.
>>
>>63584975
oh my, newfag detected if you've listened to loveless just now. I assume loveless is your first shoegaze-album if you can't appreciate the fuzzy aesthetic of it. just listen to more music and you'll eventually get what's so amazing about all the noisy and reverby music
>>
>>63584975

Listen to Dinosuar Jr's Farm, then Yuck's Self Titled. Listen to Rubber by Yuck like 10 times in a row. Now you're ready to try Loveless.
>>
>>63584975
It's alright anon. Not everyone can handle Loveless on their first attempt. Normally they'll try less challenging things like proto-shoegaze (Jesus and Mary Chain, Sonic Youth etc) before they think they can stomach Loveless.
>>
>>63585005
Not OP, but I like the mixture of the noisy aspects that you've picked up on –kind of a distorted chaos –and the angelic vocals. It could be seen as representing the lows and highs of love, beauty and pain.
>>
loveless just clicked for me

I always shit on it because I thought it was so overrated

but on my sixth listen it sounded like the most beautiful music I had ever heard

so just keep listening
>>
>>63585342
you mean it cucked for you
you got cucked by british people
>>
>>63584975
I used to be you

just keep listening and it will click

it's one of the most beautiful albums ever made not even memeing
>>
Welcome to mu, enjoy your stay.
Listen to more music, then come back to it. It's an incredible album. Not memeing.
>>
Never really got this 2bh. Always found loveless fairly accessible.
>>
>>63584975
>there are people like this in the world
kek.
>>
I honestly can't tell if OP is memeing.

It's like all the best aspects of noise, drone, and pop mixed together.
>>
>>63585005
>Seriously it sounds like my old computer's dying hard drive.

You cant seriously say that any of the sounds on this album resemble the tones of a dying hard drive. Please just take your thread elsewhere. You arent cool for not liking thing
>>
>>63584975
>it's just noise
Everything is just noise friendo
>>
>>63584975
It's a pleb filter. You didn't pass.
>>
>>63584975
>To Here Knows When and Loomer were the only semi-decent songs

I don't understand how you come to this conclusion. More accessible songs on loveless are When You Sleep and What You Want. Why you don't find them more decent I cannot fathom
>>
>>63586576
yeh to here knows when is arguably the droniest least accessible
>>
>>63584975
I don't know about you OP but I loved the album since I first heard it, probably my favorite album of all time to be honest.

Nothing wrong with being a pleb.
>>
>>63586783
Also happens to be the best song on the album
>>
>>63585261

This is good advice
>>
>>63584975

Listen to this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8jN8SII8ytI

Then listen to the original.

It's a lot of pretty melodies under fuzz. It's not that hard
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.